JC Denton on BBC Radio 1

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: JC Denton on BBC Radio 1

Post by Jonas »

Xesum wrote:Metal Gear Solid 4, now there's a game that was good. It has an Immersive Story, like Deus Ex, and it has loads of Secrets, like Deus Ex
It's also completely and utterly linear and made up of 80% cutscenes strung together by the occasional brief sequence of interactivity. Entirely and blatantly unlike Deus Ex.
Anyway, it's games like the Nameless Mod that make you realise something: Why do I pay for these shit games like Halo 3 and Call of Duty: World at War?
Because they don't have any bugs.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

Jonas wrote:
Xesum wrote:Metal Gear Solid 4, now there's a game that was good. It has an Immersive Story, like Deus Ex, and it has loads of Secrets, like Deus Ex
It's also completely and utterly linear and made up of 80% cutscenes strung together by the occasional brief sequence of interactivity. Entirely and blatantly unlike Deus Ex.
Anyway, it's games like the Nameless Mod that make you realise something: Why do I pay for these shit games like Halo 3 and Call of Duty: World at War?
Everything is linear.

Call of Duty: World at War is the most buggiest piece of crap I've ever played, walk one step, and 50 machine guns kill you, walk the other and a tank crushes you. And the gore is just gross and gets stuck in the ground.

Halo 3 has it's bugs aswell.
Paul, I know you said no phone messages, but South Street's going up in smoke. We'll have to meet at the subway station.
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

Jonas wrote:
The same can be said of a rock (well most rocks.) Surely there must be a reason beyond lack of bugs.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Okay I'm done with this thread.

Too much stupidity.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

chris the cynic wrote:
Jonas wrote:
The same can be said of a rock (well most rocks.) Surely there must be a reason beyond lack of bugs.
What has that got to do with anything?
Paul, I know you said no phone messages, but South Street's going up in smoke. We'll have to meet at the subway station.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Xesum wrote:What has that got to do with anything?
Funny how this very question is the most suitable form of reply to pretty much everything you write.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

Jonas wrote:
Xesum wrote:What has that got to do with anything?
Funny how this very question is the most suitable form of reply to pretty much everything you write.
Yes.
AgentSmithereens
Silhouette

Post by AgentSmithereens »

Xesum wrote:
Well, you do have a point with all those games, but of course, those games were made in a time when the Video game industry was a new thing that a lot of people didn't think was going to work. Now it is a multimillion pound earning game that all the Chav's seem to like. (Chav = Wigger)

Basically a lot of chavs will not like Far Cry 2, I personally think it's a decent game, but the chavs at school etc, will just blabber out stuff like "OH ITS SHIT" etc...

When you mention Crysis to them, they wonder what on earth you're talking about, Now Crysis is one of the best current games out there, because anything where you can throw turtles at koreans is great. The games that chavs like are the over done WW2 games, (Like World at War which is utter shit to me). The main problem with chavs is, that they all love Their precious XBox360 too much, and constantly moan at me and my friends at school (The PS3 folks) to get an XBox, it's stupid.

Halo: Combat Evolved, was an interesting game, it was one of the first to have health that auto recovers, but then ofcourse EVERYONE copied them and it's become the thing. Even Deus Ex 3 will have it, however, there are some games that don't have, all of which just happen to be by Valve.

Metal Gear Solid 4, now there's a game that was good. It has an Immersive Story, like Deus Ex, and it has loads of Secrets, like Deus Ex, but of course in the way of things, Chav's who have never even played it will just blag it and say it's shit, I blame Microsoft's advertising, mindyou, the most advertised always wins. Take Heinz beans, they're rubbish, but are the most advertised, therefore the most popular, that same can be applied with Cadburys Chocolate (Gorrila and Eyebrows things made me WTF), Walkers Crisps and some other things.

I think chavs might be a bit more preoccupied with drinking, speeding and playing their Black Eyed Peas ringtones too loud, to be worried about video games. And if they were, I'd imagine they'd all be playing FIFA, PES or FM, not war games.
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

AgentSmithereens wrote: I think chavs might be a bit more preoccupied with drinking, speeding and playing their Black Eyed Peas ringtones too loud, to be worried about video games. And if they were, I'd imagine they'd all be playing FIFA, PES or FM, not war games.
I'm somewhat saying everyone who think's they're a "Soz'ard Gangstor" is a chav.
AgentSmithereens
Silhouette

Post by AgentSmithereens »

Well I'm not sure what a "Soz'ard Gangstor" is, but for the sake of clarity, here's what I think a chav is, or at least what Google thinks it is:

http://www.penguinsix.com/images/chav.jpg
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

AgentSmithereens wrote:Well I'm not sure what a "Soz'ard Gangstor" is, but for the sake of clarity, here's what I think a chav is, or at least what Google thinks it is:

http://www.penguinsix.com/images/chav.jpg
Those are "Zombies" my friend.
Skilgannon
UNATCO

Post by Skilgannon »

Yeah, Xesum I'm in Leicester, and a born and bred Brit, you don't need to explain what a Chav is to me. :D

And I'm glad someone here sees sense and agrees with me, however, I must voice one thing:

You insulted my precious X360. And to a diciple of the Church of Microshit, that's blasphemy. I pray Brover(TM), that you see the Trooth(TM), and will join us in the glorious light of CoM, watched over by O0n, our glorious Goat(TM) god! :lol:
Life is a series of random events designed to strip you of your sanity.

Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

Skilgannon wrote:Yeah, Xesum I'm in Leicester, and a born and bred Brit, you don't need to explain what a Chav is to me. :D

And I'm glad someone here sees sense and agrees with me, however, I must voice one thing:

You insulted my precious X360. And to a diciple of the Church of Microshit, that's blasphemy. I pray Brover(TM), that you see the Trooth(TM), and will join us in the glorious light of CoM, watched over by O0n, our glorious Goat(TM) god! :lol:
Sorry, I tried the 360, Live was just 10 hours of getting top on Call of Duty 4, only because all the other people on it were talking about "yah mate, d'yah shag yah gf last night mate?" and people who's balls need to drop.

On the PS3's Call of Duty, it's full of people that hardly talk but play a good game. (And I don't have to pay for online)
Skilgannon
UNATCO

Post by Skilgannon »

Xesum wrote:
Skilgannon wrote:Yeah, Xesum I'm in Leicester, and a born and bred Brit, you don't need to explain what a Chav is to me. :D

Sorry, I tried the 360, Live was just 10 hours of getting top on Call of Duty 4, only because all the other people on it were talking about "yah mate, d'yah shag yah gf last night mate?" and people who's balls need to drop.

On the PS3's Call of Duty, it's full of people that hardly talk but play a good game. (And I don't have to pay for online)
I don't have Live so nyah. :P Also, anyone who thinks the XB is all about Live needs to take a waaaaaaaaaaaaaay closer look at the console's sheer power in SP.
Life is a series of random events designed to strip you of your sanity.

SlySpy
UNATCO

Post by SlySpy »

Jonas wrote:Okay I'm done with this thread.

Too much stupidity.
You alright today? You seem really pissed off at....everything.