The Human revolution thread, now with 233213% more spoilers

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Grammatolatry
MJ12

Re: The Human revolution thread, now with 233213% more spoil

Post by Grammatolatry »

Hohoho! Oh I hated the station. I spent half an hour looking for the stairs down to the morgue, while dodging the guards. Plus I alienated jensen's friend at the desk.

Omg another rage here: I just finished the hengsha medical building level. I canNOT believe stern tough Adam let that harlot Zhao drape herself all over him...seriously he is as dumb as a doorknob sometimes. She just tried to shoot you! Why you let her touch you?? And then you're surprised she tricks you. Far out...
wink wonk
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

This only happens in cutscenes, my Jensen is totally awesome outside of them. But once the FMV starts it's like he switches off his brain. When she moved BEHIND Jensen I was thinking DUDE, KEEP LOOKING AT THE WENCH! SHE'LL FUCK YOU UP IF YOU DON'T LOOK!

Then she fucked me up. Luckily I could stealth past the guards and reach the elevator.
Another Visitor ... Stay a while ... Stay forever!
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Yeah the dichotomy there is really amazing, he's like Mechanical Jesus in the game, sneaking past enemies like a pro, pistol-sniping at a hundred meters, setting up traps and ambushes, hell - every time you do use the pheromones Jensen gives Sherlock Holmes a run for his fucking money, reading people like open books. And then some cutscene triggers and he has the IQ of Gunther fucking Hermann. It's ridiculous and it doesn't belong in a Deus Ex game.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
AEmer
Illuminati

Post by AEmer »

Yup. I was just discussing how much the cutscenes hate him with Jonas.

If you think about it, almost every single bad thing that happens to Adam happens in a cutscene.

He gets beaten to bits, so he needs amputation in a cutscene. He gets several limbs amputated that didn't need to come off in a cutscene. A huge dude pounces him in a cutscene after he walks around in the middle of a room, easy for all to see, and starts kicking his ass. He gets assaulted by a large tactical team in a cutscene. He walks right into a trap in an AI lair in a cutscene. He gets bitchtricked in a cutscene. He gets blown up by a bomb set by tong in a cutscene. He gets his head fried by a bad chip in a cutscene. He crashes into the bloody ocean, in a cutscene. He shoots at Hyron in a cutscene, making it angry.

There's only one explanation. The cutscenes really, really hate Adam.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

I like to believe that Jensens brain gets deactivated by the biochip in cutscenes. That's why we don't control him.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
Dragon
Silhouette

Post by Dragon »

Or he's a sado enjoying pain :shock:
Leader and Head Programmer: Epsylon, Drag[en]gine Game Engine (Alt-Page) and others
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

So how about that final boss battle. What is up with those three buttons?

The way I won:
1. Enter the code on the panel
2. Hit through some random wall
3. Wait until the electricity stops
4. Come out of hiding, shoot the defenseless bitch in the face
5. YOU WIN

I have no idea what I just did. I am thinking something along the lines of precogs in minority report? I am left utterly confused by this boss battle. At least I know WHO I killed this time, but I have no idea how (well, I shot her in the face) or why (well, she had an orange marker on her face, so I could only assume that means "kill her").
Dragon
Silhouette

Post by Dragon »

She tries to control hyron but here biochip or whatever she has can't handle it. She tries to still gain control but in the end fails. So with other words you simply have to survive long enough for this to happen and then when she's failing killing her. That's what I understood since I never shot her until this point, standing safe up behind one of the terminals... and won. What kind of boss battle this is supposed to be I've no idea myself. But maybe I missed something.
Leader and Head Programmer: Epsylon, Drag[en]gine Game Engine (Alt-Page) and others
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

EER wrote:So how about that final boss battle. What is up with those three buttons?

The way I won:
5. YOU WIN

I have no idea what I just did. I am thinking something along the lines of precogs in minority report? I am left utterly confused by this boss battle. At least I know WHO I killed this time, but I have no idea how (well, I shot her in the face) or why (well, she had an orange marker on her face, so I could only assume that means "kill her").

I'm wondering if my two episodes of this were glitched. In the first run I was trying to open the three pods but kept getting mowed down by the turrets. I managed to open the one that overides everything and got to some sort of cover and sniped her to death. In the second run I did the wall smashing/hack computers approach. Shot her with explosive rounds. In both cases I never had to fight bots or other bodyguards that turn up according to articles I've read since finishing the game.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

Dragon wrote:She tries to control hyron but here biochip or whatever she has can't handle it. She tries to still gain control but in the end fails. So with other words you simply have to survive long enough for this to happen and then when she's failing killing her. That's what I understood since I never shot her until this point, standing safe up behind one of the terminals... and won. What kind of boss battle this is supposed to be I've no idea myself. But maybe I missed something.
Except that I was standing safe somewhere else, that's about what I gathered ... I got the part where she tried to control, then lost control, but the whole part with the electricity is beyond my comprehension. Also, when entering that code, do I kill those women in the pods?
bobby 55 wrote:I'm wondering if my two episodes of this were glitched. In the first run I was trying to open the three pods but kept getting mowed down by the turrets. I managed to open the one that overides everything and got to some sort of cover and sniped her to death. In the second run I did the wall smashing/hack computers approach. Shot her with explosive rounds. In both cases I never had to fight bots or other bodyguards that turn up according to articles I've read since finishing the game.
Not sure if your playthrough was glitched, but the moment I entered the code (which is 2012 btw) 'secondary' security was activated (bots came out, and the crazies too). Nothing you wouldn't be able to handle at this point though.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

It could be that I dispatched her before the extra security became a problem, or I only looked at her while in that bit of cover. I'll pay closer attention to eveything the next time I do it.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Neveos
X-51

Post by Neveos »

EER wrote:So how about that final boss battle. What is up with those three buttons?

The way I won:
5. YOU WIN

Here's what I did:

Can't kill the turrets, so now I'll try my myriad of emp grenades which owns the shit out of robots. Oh wtf? The pod came down and it looks all vulnerable and shit. Plasma rifle to the pod. Screams = good? Move on... aw, shit, more aug zombies that I have to knock out. Eat 1 of the million candy bars I have by now. Fire a shot to alert them. Wait, wait, ass beatin time while time freezes.

Roll around to the next pod, repeat 3 times.

Oh wow, here it comes! Oh, I'm immune to electrical floor dodging mini-game because of the emp shielding aug. Zhoa rape.

Save game, push all buttons. Keep falling asleep because of how long it this is taking. Listen to the secret ending. Go "meh".

-edit- atleast the game came out around the 10th anniversary of 9/11 so ppl could wake up.
What I do in my other free time:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3FfPUKuGsQ
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Basically you need to open the bullet-proof glass that's protecting her. To do this, you have to "purge" each of the three pods with the slave girls (sexism, etc.). You can either kill the turrets (or just one of them will do, really) and then run down to push the buttons next to the pods - I believe this will expose the girls and then you can shoot them? Or you can use the code that Darrow may give you, if you convince him, on the keypad, which will purge all three of them at once. Finally, you can sneak around and hack each of the three computer terminals and open the pod doors that way, and then kill the women. Once they're all purged, the protective shield opens up and you can shoot Zhao. I think it's something like that.

Alternatively you can make sure to bring a laser rifle and just shoot her through the glass, bypassing the entire fight. No idea if that's intended, but I hope so, because it's kind of awesome :mrgreen:
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
WildcatPhoenix
UNATCO

Post by WildcatPhoenix »

Jonas wrote:Basically you need to open the bullet-proof glass that's protecting her. To do this, you have to "purge" each of the three pods with the slave girls (sexism, etc.). You can either kill the turrets (or just one of them will do, really) and then run down to push the buttons next to the pods - I believe this will expose the girls and then you can shoot them? Or you can use the code that Darrow may give you, if you convince him, on the keypad, which will purge all three of them at once. Finally, you can sneak around and hack each of the three computer terminals and open the pod doors that way, and then kill the women. Once they're all purged, the protective shield opens up and you can shoot Zhao. I think it's something like that.

Alternatively you can make sure to bring a laser rifle and just shoot her through the glass, bypassing the entire fight. No idea if that's intended, but I hope so, because it's kind of awesome :mrgreen:
I'm sorry, but is this still Deus Ex we're talking about? This sounds absolutely retarded, if you ask me.

And yeah, yeah, nobody asked me. Back to lurking...
AEmer
Illuminati

Post by AEmer »

Actually, the laser rifle, for some reason, shoots through walls. It's apparently very powerful and able to penetrate through shit, and not just glass.

It has boss-gun written all over it. I suspect its intended for blasting Zhao and Namir to bits.

Which is a great idea. The assault rifles 20mm grenades had boss gun written all over them too, in Deus Ex =]

What happens to hyron if you laser-blast zhao? Do the slave girls die?