BioMod - A new gameplay mod building on Shifter

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

DDentonas
UNATCO

Re: BioMod - A new gameplay mod building on Shifter

Post by DDentonas »

CrispSellar wrote:Anyone else notice that it kind of breaks the ability to continuously converse with Paul Denton? I assume it's because it edits what weapon he has at the beginning of the game, but everytime I try to press the "action" command on him, he says nothing.
Something else is wrong with your game man. I only use biomod and i have no trouble with Paul (or conversations in general)
YK: And you... you... are a bad actress.
(unknown sound)
MC: And you have one less finger...
CrispSellar
Mole Person

Post by CrispSellar »

DDentonas wrote:
CrispSellar wrote:Anyone else notice that it kind of breaks the ability to continuously converse with Paul Denton? I assume it's because it edits what weapon he has at the beginning of the game, but everytime I try to press the "action" command on him, he says nothing.
Something else is wrong with your game man. I only use biomod and i have no trouble with Paul (or conversations in general)
You sure? Everytime I try to talk to Paul without a conversation option (just him talking in real time with the pop up), it doesn't work. This problem doesn't exist vanilla.
DDentonas
UNATCO

Post by DDentonas »

Oh yeah, my bad. Never noticed it before! Can someone fix it?
(unknown sound)
G-Flex
Silhouette

Post by G-Flex »

dains wrote:Autosave crashy - not every time, but many times if I'm running along, run through a zone, and don't immediately stop and let it autosave, DX will crash right there. However, the autosave works and the game can be loaded from it. So, running while Autosaving is bad.
I've noticed this exact problem with the same method of reproducing it (running immediately after a map load), which is why it's currently disabled in my mod. Which map did you notice this on? I noticed it occurring when leaving UNATCO HQ and returning to the island for the first time, at the end of the first mission.

Note that autosave also doesn't work if the mission opens with an infolink message, although I can only think of one example of this (a map in Paris where you start off in the sewers).
DDentonas
UNATCO

Post by DDentonas »

DDentonas wrote:Oh yeah, my bad. Never noticed it before! Can someone fix it?

I tried it in my vanilla (steam) install and Paul is not talking there either.
(unknown sound)
Jac
Mole Person

Post by Jac »

I got this mod to work, but unfortunately the author didn't take into account that the HDTP team would be releasing new textures, so now Paul, JC, Anna, and Gunther look like their old selves. I've tried to install the SDK to fix this myself, but the installation got borked. Does anybody know of an updated version that takes into account the recently released HDTP content? Thanks.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

The only gameplay mods compatible with the recent HDTP beta at this point in time are my mod (link in my sig) & Revision beta.
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

Actually any version of Revision will be compatible with any DeusEx.u mod, like HDTP or Human Renovation. That's because we've never had, and hopefully never will, need to modify DeusEx.u. :)
Producer and Quality Assurance Manager for Deus Ex: Revision.
Jac
Mole Person

Post by Jac »

Thanks CP. I tried to merge the two myself, but I couldn't get the SDK to install properly. #-o
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Jac wrote: but I couldn't get the SDK to install properly. #-o
You tried this: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=10464 ?

Bear in mind merging the two will be no easy task. Everything HDTP improves is referenced in it's DeusEx.u. Not sure how much new code Biomod has, but i'm sure it's a fair amount too.