Deus Ex 3 - I'll just leave this here

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Jaedar
Illuminati

Re: Deus Ex 3 - I'll just leave this here

Post by Jaedar »

Grammatolatry wrote:Does anyone know the extent of adam's injuries? From what I can gather from reviews and videos he's had his eyes, arms, and legs all augmented. How could he be so severely injured by just being thrown through a glass pane and strangled? Also, why does he have a sunglasses augmentation? For kicks?
From the first LIMB clinic in the game we learn that Jensen had to have most of his torso and one of his arms replaced, but Sarif ordered the other arm and the legs chopped off and replaced as well, which the employee contract gave him right to do. Who the hell signs a contract like that though? "In the event that we, Sarif Industries, feel like it, we can replace any or all of your limbs with mechanical replacements".

ALSO: DLC rumors!
vg247 wrote:The DLC follows events of two days spent onboard a ship. The player is isolated from the support networks found in the core Human Revolution game, and must face events independent of comm advice.

While travelling, the player discovers the vessel is a floating prison of some kind, and that experiments are being carried out on the inmates. Environments include plenty of cells and a sentry tower.

It’s not clear whether the DLC is an event tied to Human Revolution’s plot, or part of the broader Deus Ex storyline – perhaps an episode from original protagonist JC Denton’s adventures, which would explain Eidos Montreal’s promotional build up.

Lending credence to this theory is a comment from our source to the effect that one build of the DLC saw players choosing a new augmentation configuration rather than importing a Human Revolution save file.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

"It's not clear whether the DLC is an event tied to Human Revolution's plot" my ass. I'm guessing the writer at vg247 did not actually play the game :?
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Jonas wrote:"It's not clear whether the DLC is an event tied to Human Revolution's plot" my ass. I'm guessing the writer at vg247 did not actually play the game :?
What do you reckon about waking up in the pod before the two weeks are up on the *thing in game?

*Vagueness for spoilers.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Yeah that's pretty obviously what this whole DLC is going to be about if their ship hint is legit :P
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

The first bossfight, I have only a pistol and a tranq gun. I would probably kick his ass if I were playing with a mouse, but noooo, I had to get the xbox version.
Another Visitor ... Stay a while ... Stay forever!
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

EER wrote:The first bossfight, I have only a pistol and a tranq gun. I would probably kick his ass if I were playing with a mouse, but noooo, I had to get the xbox version.
Oh dear! Seriously, that's the most fucked up of the lot. It's either too hard or too easy depending which combo of armaments you have on hand. :(
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

Well, I'm glad they start off with the worst, best have that out of the way. Maybe I should go back, lose the tranq gun and instead get a machine gun off one of the guards. Or I could just sneak past the boss, oh, wait ... I now understand why all reviews are mentioning the boss fights.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

EER wrote:Well, I'm glad they start off with the worst, best have that out of the way. Maybe I should go back, lose the tranq gun and instead get a machine gun off one of the guards. Or I could just sneak past the boss, oh, wait ... I now understand why all reviews are mentioning the boss fights.
Um, I could suggest one item if you like, it's kinda strange though. :P
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

Throw the Gas canisters at the guy?
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

EER wrote:Throw the Gas canisters at the guy?
Yep!

Somebody suggested using the stun gun on him, personally I don't want to get that close to the fucker. :)
Dragon
Silhouette

Post by Dragon »

Stun gun won't work because if you get too close he grabs you. Gas might be an option but I had back then only mines at hand. He survived 6 of my mines but instead blew himself up with 3 of his own 'nades he throw stubbornly at a pillar so they bounced back at him.

And it's not the worst boss fight I would say. The second one is even worse unless you figure out "something" and you have the right aug at hand.
Leader and Head Programmer: Epsylon, Drag[en]gine Game Engine (Alt-Page) and others
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Dragon wrote:Stun gun won't work because if you get too close he grabs you. Gas might be an option but I had back then only mines at hand. He survived 6 of my mines but instead blew himself up with 3 of his own 'nades he throw stubbornly at a pillar so they bounced back at him.

And it's not the worst boss fight I would say. The second one is even worse unless you figure out "something" and you have the right aug at hand.
Second boss spoiler below. !!

Well, Eliza just about gives you a walkthrough, I had cloak, and, as Yelana telegraphs her coming at you, you know when to employ it. A double shot shotgun mod helps as well. :)
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

I just EMP-mined the fuck out of the room in the second boss fight, then when a blast stunned her, I emptied my combat rifle in her face. Reload and repeat until she's dead (should only take a couple of magazines).

Surely you don't have to get within grabbing-distance of Barrett to hit him with the stun gun? It does have some range.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Dragon
Silhouette

Post by Dragon »

The stun gun has a limited range around an arms length roughly. For normal opponents this is enough but Barrett grabs you already farther away than an arms length. He once even grabbed me through the pillar which is quite thick.

EDIT: Concerning second boss... as mentioned... if you don't have the "right" augs then it is very difficult. I don't have cloaking as I'm into stealth not cheating. Used up 200 heavy rifle rounds, at least as many combat rifle rounds and a bunch of 10mm rounds before that one has been done. Had next to no ammo left after that one and I had full inventory size.
Last edited by Dragon on Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Leader and Head Programmer: Epsylon, Drag[en]gine Game Engine (Alt-Page) and others
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Hm it seemed to work at least at twice arm reach, but I'll defer to you as I haven't actually tried using it in that fight.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine