Deus Ex 3 - I'll just leave this here

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

nerdenstein
Illuminati

Re: Deus Ex 3 - I'll just leave this here

Post by nerdenstein »

One guy does say something along the lines of 'Cool Sunglasses but it's night time, you dig?'.
Does that count?

Also, that crazy conspiracy nut that is always talking on those little radios dotted around plays Deus Ex music inbetween talking sessions. I've heard the Hells Kitchen theme and UNATCO theme.

Oh, and during the Save Tong mission, Adam does say something Tong's Son that Tracer says to JC. I can't remember what it was though now. I'll look it up.

EDIT: Can't find it after only having a quick look but I think it was the quote about trying out a new blade or having too much power... or something.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

I heard Lebedev's Airfield theme play on the radios.
Paul, I know you said no phone messages, but South Street's going up in smoke. We'll have to meet at the subway station.
Dragon
Silhouette

Post by Dragon »

They play bunch of DX themes on the radio. I certainly heard so far UNATCO, Liberty Island, Lebedev and others if I'm not mistaken. But the radio is so silent I can't hear a thing even if I sneak into them. A bit louder would have helped as there seems to be talking somebody on the radio but you hear nothing due to the volume being way too low.
Leader and Head Programmer: Epsylon, Drag[en]gine Game Engine (Alt-Page) and others
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

It isn't that quiet. :-s
I've sat and listened to his discussions on the radio.

I know at one point he talks about FEMA, detention camps and RX-84.

Spoiler for those who haven't completed the game;
The FEMA connection was very short and unexplained in the game I've noticed.
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

Might be a bit spoilery if you watch the future videos he is going to post on DX3, but Jon Paula made a video (and is making more) on a DX3 playthrough: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWuCoU6izaM
My nature videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/DynamixWarePro
My whistle/flute videos (and some other videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/DXMorpheus
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

I don't know why I didn't include this into my post on the other DX3 thread (Maybe because people whom haven't played it yet are more likely to look at this thread than the other one but whatever).

Shit this is cool!
http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/08/31/deus- ... -revealed/
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

Morpheus wrote:Might be a bit spoilery if you watch the future videos he is going to post on DX3, but Jon Paula made a video (and is making more) on a DX3 playthrough: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWuCoU6izaM
That's awesome. "Damn it.. Doctor said I wasn't supposed to get shot in the head today!"
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7656 ... 4787533622

That's my char customization screen just before the end. Note the 3 unspent points: I literally could not find anything I wanted to spend them on. And that's after taking such shining stars as "Reduced effect from flashbangs", despite never actually being targeted by a flashbang. They really should have increased the experience required to level up as you went on.

Am I the only one who thinks pritchard was supposed to betray you at some point? The signs are kinda there in the beginning. He tries to delay you for the first mission, he's a general dick to the player and if you turn off the signal in the first hub before getting the quest to do it he gets really itchy.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Jaedar wrote: Am I the only one who thinks pritchard was supposed to betray you at some point? The signs are kinda there in the beginning. He tries to delay you for the first mission, he's a general dick to the player and if you turn off the signal in the first hub before getting the quest to do it he gets really itchy.
Actually I got the vibe of a burgeoning mutual respect. The action man versus the geek. I think the developers missed a trick by not fleshing out the relationships with Jensen and his colleagues.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

I'm with Bobby on this one, right from the start I had the feeling he was being an asshole so he could grow nicer over the course of the game, and that's pretty much what happened. I would've liked that development to be more prominent, however, and I would've liked him to not be quite so big an asshole at the start :P
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Fledge
Thug

Post by Fledge »

2 things. Why weren't anna and or gunther in the game in some capacity? I thought that would be a given in this time period. That, and why the hell didn't the deus ex theme play at the end of the game? How many of you would have had chills down your spine for hours if they did that?

and yeah the endings were a cop out.

But I had a blast. It had a good vibe to it and it felt like deus ex in quite a few ways, it's too bad they had to throw in so many simplifications so it'd be popular on the mass market. I'd have loved to see simply an improved version of the original.
Grammatolatry
MJ12

Post by Grammatolatry »

Does anyone know the extent of adam's injuries? From what I can gather from reviews and videos he's had his eyes, arms, and legs all augmented. How could he be so severely injured by just being thrown through a glass pane and strangled? Also, why does he have a sunglasses augmentation? For kicks?
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

Grammatolatry wrote:Also, why does he have a sunglasses augmentation? For kicks?
His Vision is Augmented.
Grammatolatry
MJ12

Post by Grammatolatry »

nerdenstein wrote:
Grammatolatry wrote:Also, why does he have a sunglasses augmentation? For kicks?
His Vision is Augmented.
Nyaaaah...:P
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Grammatolatry wrote:
nerdenstein wrote:
His Vision is Augmented.
Nyaaaah...:P

*Spoilers, though not horrificly so*

You learn through the game that he had a wall fall on him. That saved him from incineration, but not from shards of glass, twisted metal, and the like. So we can gather he was lacerated, crushed, and punctured.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional