Deus Ex 3 - I'll just leave this here

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

bobby 55
Illuminati

Re: Deus Ex 3 - I'll just leave this here

Post by bobby 55 »

I like the Steam buddy's comment:
Your copy has been ad-mented
. :lol:
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Dragon
Silhouette

Post by Dragon »

Good I'm done with the game already so I don't have to see that cr-a(d)-p. I prefer the DX in-game ads about fags... and sex house :D
Leader and Head Programmer: Epsylon, Drag[en]gine Game Engine (Alt-Page) and others
WildcatPhoenix
UNATCO

Post by WildcatPhoenix »

Dragon wrote:I prefer the DX in-game ads about fags... and sex house :D
This caught me off guard for a second. Then I remembered "oh yeah, British English definition" lol.

Maybe I'm just numb to this kind of thing, but the load screen ads just don't surprise me that much. Some people are acting shocked by it; I dunno, does anything about the current state of the gaming industry suggest that a tentpole release like DX:HR wouldn't feature the latest advertising gimmicks?

Yeah, I still hate it, but I'm not surprised by it.
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

WildcatPhoenix wrote:This caught me off guard for a second. Then I remembered "oh yeah, British English definition" lol.
What? The British definition of Cigarettes or Sex House? :lol:

I'm not so bothered about ingame ads. Yes, they're really stupid after we've just payed £30 to get the game, but they're not obtrusive ingame so I'll just ignore them.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
WildcatPhoenix
UNATCO

Post by WildcatPhoenix »

nerdenstein wrote: What? The British definition of Cigarettes or Sex House? :lol:
Really the combination of the two, lol (obviously "fags" has a very different meaning across the Atlantic).
nerdenstein wrote: I'm not so bothered about ingame ads. Yes, they're really stupid after we've just payed £30 to get the game, but they're not obtrusive ingame so I'll just ignore them.
Same. Now, if it were a popup ad that actually blocked part of the screen in game? That would be an absolute travesty. On the loading screen I just don't care as much. I'm usually grabbing a drink or making a snack during the loading screens anyway.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Strange that I've had a few loading screens up and I'm yet to see an ad. The one that's been highlighted (after meeting the Dutchman) I'm not far off, so I'll see if it occurs then. I've only seen fake ads ingame so far as well.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional