The Deus Ex Mod List

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Wounded Ronin
Thug

Post by Wounded Ronin »

I appreciate the list. I'm always looking to play DX in new ways.

I've installed total conversions before, such as Redsun 2020, but I've never played a single mission before. Do single missions tend to come with installers? Or, would I go about playing them in a different way than I would a total mod like Redsun?

Sorry for the noobish question. :oops:
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

It all depends on the mod I guess, but usually it would be one map, which is you can load by typing 'open <mapname>' in the console (press T and remove 'Say ').
Wounded Ronin
Thug

Post by Wounded Ronin »

Thanks. I hadn't known how to use the console. Does that work in single player or in multiplayer only?
fox
X-51

Post by fox »

It works for singleplayer maps, too.
Sergeant Kelly
Thug

Post by Sergeant Kelly »

Tactical was part of that massive multiplayer pack. DXMMAI, I think it was called.
I bet one of the many readmes would have some more information about it.

That pack had around 50 weapon, trigger and object mini-mods in it.
Zeitgeist
UNATCO

Post by Zeitgeist »

Tactical wasn't part of MMAI..?
Wounded Ronin
Thug

Post by Wounded Ronin »

You know, with some of the fan-made missions, I've been getting a CTD and error message whenever I finish the first map and the second map has just finished loading. The error says that there were invalid characters in the startup text. Does this mean that the files have been corrupted in some way, or is something wonky about my Deus Ex configuration which prevents certain fan made levels from loading? I have installed Shifter, but I can't think how that would affect startup text.
Placebo
MJ12

Post by Placebo »

the link with MAlkavian mod doesn't work

does have it's web page?
ImageEvery morning, I meditate about love and peace... I stop after three seconds.
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

Placebo wrote:the link with MAlkavian mod doesn't work

does have it's web page?
Hmm the links don't seem to be working now, though they used to be.

The person who made the video posted this comment a week ago:

"I've added 2 more conversations with Alex to the mod, and 2 more quests to go along with them... Hopefully more to come soon. "

Looking here:

http://plaza.ufl.edu/dmitrid/rnd/

it seems they renamed the file, I'm not sure where you'd get the "new" version if it's even released.
Sike
Thug

Post by Sike »

Why is ATDM included as a missing mod? O_o

It's one of the default gametypes in DXMP (Advanced Team Deathmatch)
Dark Reality
UNATCO

Here's one more

Post by Dark Reality »

You have a mighty fine list of mods available, but will you index a tweak of a mod?

I loved what Shifter did for Deus Ex, but it did not do a few things I was looking to fix - such as increase the ammo caps (through the roof), let you shoot underwater, etc. I asked and received permission from Shifter author Yukichigai, to make a mod based on his mod, and call it ShifterPlus.

ShifterPlus is based on the latest stable version of Shifter, 1.7.2; ShifterPlus 1.8.0 will be released when Yuki declares 1.8 finalized. So it is maintained.

As I stated, ShifterPlus does everything Shifter does, plus some. It is aimed at people like myself, who have played the game over 50 times and are looking, not necessarily for a challenge, but a more fun/easy way to play that is not cheating. Ammo caps are raised, as are item caps (you can carry almost 1000 picks, tools, medkits, biocells, zyme, candy, drinks, soy, and tens of thousands of clips for your guns). Unless you cheat you'll never be told you can't carry any more. Almost any gun can receive almost any mod - I didn't make the silencer and shotguns compatible for a reason, but you can put a silencer on the pistol and Magnum (a Shifter weapon). You can also fire most weapons while underwater. Skill advancement requirements are changed (not always lowered). You can kill neutral and friendly targets without penalty (so you can cap Lebedev and get credit). Also the aiming is restored to "vanilla" functionality; the laser is again perfect (though I would like to replace the one on Liberty with something else, so it isn't too easy too soon).

The latest ShifterPlus can be found at http://darkreality.googlepages.com/shifterplus

OTP has my permission to host ShifterPlus if they like, but it's not necessary. I've seldom heard of problems with Google's host, and although there is a bandwidth limitation, it's not a popular mod. OTP also has my permission to repost anything on my site ( http://darkreality.googlepages.com/deusex ). The site is there for information for all fans of the game, not for me to make money or anything - there aren't even any ads.

I would, however, like to ask permission to post links to OTP-hosted content from my own list of mods ( http://darkreality.googlepages.com/othermods ). I'll copy the offsite links to complete my own list, but I'd like to secure OTP's permission before linking to anything hosted on your servers. Your answer either way will not affect permission to copy from my site.

Also you may want to link to what I call essential files: the latest patch, the SDK. My other "essential file" is the OpenGL alternate, but I see that you have that already. My links are to sites that will let you download without registration; that would be why you won't see Fileplanet links up there. Essential files page: http://darkreality.googlepages.com/essentialfiles

Thanks for reading, and thank you to the topic creator and OTP for compiling this list.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Added ShifterPlus.

You can link to anything you like over here, just please keep the link intact and maybe make a little note that it's hosted on our servers.

We like the publicity, you understand! :lol:
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Dark Reality
UNATCO

Post by Dark Reality »

OK, thanks!

I did some thinking, and I just dropped a link to the first page of this topic with a little disclaimer. The mods in my "other mods" section I've tried and have something to say about. I didn't really feel like testing all the other mods, and I didn't want to have a list of stuff I knew nothing about. Plus, I absolutely hate the Fileplanet system, and have tried to have as many links that do not require registration as possible. So in short it's like "here's a much bigger list of mods, many are only on fileplanet, this is how you can get a temporary account (bugmenot.com link)." And that's more effective and easier to do anyway - although as I, at some point, try some of these mods, they might get elevated to the actual page with a short review.
cataclyzm [A]
Mole Person

Post by cataclyzm [A] »

Hello :)

Please add WWII: Code Zero! as one of the mods that are in progress.

Discussion Topic

DX Factory (official forum of DX:WWII Code Zero!)

Weapons Test 1 on Youtube

Weapons Test 2 on Youtube
fox
X-51

Post by fox »

:shock: (Weapon and animations look/sound very good but I am asking myself why so many people mod WWII-scenarios over and over again... even DX... )