Deus Ex Hand Grenade

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Placebo
MJ12

Deus Ex Hand Grenade

Post by Placebo »

I dunno where to put this, but to get it noticable here it is.

Location: Vanderberg, before the half flooded room that has electric spikes.
When i open the door that lead to that area before the half flooded room, there are two guards, one with a flamethrower.

Well on my 3rd or so try, i engaged those guys properly. But on this occasion, the other guy tried to activate the LAM, and i accidently shot the LAM in his hand with a sniper (not zoomed, 100% accuracy, and obvously missed his head in a hurry) just before he threw it. I mean LOL, WOW :mrgreen: The devs didn't intend this to happen.

As the LAM blew off it took the other guard too and I continued on :)
ImageEvery morning, I meditate about love and peace... I stop after three seconds.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Re: Deus Ex Hand Grenade

Post by bobby 55 »

Hahaha! I probably couldn't do that on purpose, let alone by accident.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
kdawg88
MJ12

Post by kdawg88 »

I'm going to try this! The LAM is probably triggered before the throwing animation is finished.
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

Well, you can't actually shoot LAMs in their hands (not a projectile, also, the actual weaponLAM is invisible and stuck to the centre of their waist, it just draws it in their hand), so I guess you shot it JUST after it spawned the projectile. Which is very very impressive.

Also, projectiles spawn from the..well, forehead of NPCs (DX coding is BAD), which is presumably why you missed the headshot. :P
Undisputed
UNATCO

Post by Undisputed »

I've shot at a enemy before while they were throwing a LAM and was too close and got killed..It happened on the rooftops in NYC (near the big billboard across from where the helicopter picks you up and the Satellite COM room)