Deus Ex 3 Augmented Edition

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Undisputed
UNATCO

Deus Ex 3 Augmented Edition

Post by Undisputed »

With the uproar started on eidos forums and the confusion revolving around this issue, what are your personal opinions and suggestions for this product? It does look bad on their part, like they are trying to sell the product quickly to ensure success...It all seems too iffy...

What about all of you? And what do you suggest?
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Re: Deus Ex 3 Augmented Edition

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

Its the same with any other major AAA developer. We're being screwed because the way they see it, people will foolishly buy this stuff knowing that it was developed at the same time as the initial product. And we can expect several months of whoring out after the release of crappy nickle and dime items in their item shop.

This developer is just following fads for the sake of following fads and its getting really freaking annoying. Can no one do anything original or unique anymore?
Undisputed
UNATCO

Post by Undisputed »

Well for 10 extra bucks you get a huge load of extras, but it just seems like their rushing sales for the game so people can't take their purchase back. This may be history repeating itself seeing how Invisible War was successful as far as sales despite being a bad game and reviews/critics backing that up..

Really if your going to spend over 50$ you might as well spend a little more, but I just hope this isn't another sign that they are whoring out the franchise just to make a quick buck. Not only in the Special Editions but the game itself..

But I get your point, I wouldn't care if I seen the bonus content released later however..Just worried about the game itself everytime they make a move like this..
AgentSmithereens
Silhouette

Post by AgentSmithereens »

Well I bought my copy yesterday for a cheeky £23, looking forward to getting it :) Also felt a bit smug when I got an email this morning saying that the price had risen to £45, but I'd still be charged the original price.
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

AgentSmithereens wrote:Well I bought my copy yesterday for a cheeky £23, looking forward to getting it :) Also felt a bit smug when I got an email this morning saying that the price had risen to £45, but I'd still be charged the original price.
Nice Catch. Where'd you snab that deal?
What does the Augmented Edition Include as extras to the game? I'm guessing new Augs or something?
Me; I just want the bog standard game tbh. :P
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
AgentSmithereens
Silhouette

Post by AgentSmithereens »

^ Was just having a rare visit to the DX3 forums to see if there was any news, and found a link to Game where they were selling it on the cheap.
Undisputed
UNATCO

Post by Undisputed »

nerdenstein wrote:
AgentSmithereens wrote:Well I bought my copy yesterday for a cheeky £23, looking forward to getting it :) Also felt a bit smug when I got an email this morning saying that the price had risen to £45, but I'd still be charged the original price.
Nice Catch. Where'd you snab that deal?
What does the Augmented Edition Include as extras to the game? I'm guessing new Augs or something?
Me; I just want the bog standard game tbh. :P
I believe it includes all the Pre-Order weapons, extra mission, and extra credits. As well as bonus features like Behind the Scenes/Making of, Soundtrack, and a comic book.

There may be more..Definitely not more augs though man...
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

Wow, I might get this one actually.
Sounds Good :smile:
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
Undisputed
UNATCO

Post by Undisputed »

justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

I don't care, they can make money however they see most efficient. I've preordered a couple games before, but that was to ensure I got them despite high demand when I already knew the game well. I don't know if I'll want the extras or even this game yet. I mentioned in another thread I have gold cartridges and books, like the HL2 one. Not a fan of DXHR, but I might be someday. At least the internet makes rarity irrelevant since these extras will be digitized, and latecoming fans won't be left out.

From that photo, I'm wondering if Rocky Horror is a playable character.
Undisputed
UNATCO

Post by Undisputed »

justanotherfan wrote: From that photo, I'm wondering if Rocky Horror is a playable character.
LOL!! Speaking of that, why the F*** does the main villian look like Rihanna so much?
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

justanotherfan wrote:
From that photo, I'm wondering if Rocky Horror is a playable character.

*Augs by Doctor Frank N Furter.

* Christ I'm getting old.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

I can see that too, but just from that photo shoot. The hair had me thinking Cleopatra, but the androgeny and outfit makes me think Rocky Horror.

Not trying to be critical of the game with this joke and topic. I see how they're trying to modernize an old style, but it looks somewhat like elegant gothic.
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

She's just a sweet transvestite.. :D

There's an Aug for that.
Undisputed
UNATCO

Post by Undisputed »

justanotherfan wrote:I can see that too, but just from that photo shoot. The hair had me thinking Cleopatra, but the androgeny and outfit makes me think Rocky Horror.
Thats a bad photo choice. Theres a music video I believe I saw a while back where she had the same exact hair style and it looks like a exact clone. Skin tone and all...

On a sidenote what does everyone think about the villians? They seem pretty bland...