Revision Demo 1.3...

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

dains
Thug

Re: Revision Demo 1.3...

Post by dains »

....Ok you got me. I am stuck on how to get back out through Hell's Kitchen non-lethally after sending the warning to the NSF. You've got that @#$%^ sniper just exactly out of range of my mini-xbow, there's apparently invisible walls (!!) preventing me from jumping the inf/inf-locked chainlink-fenced areas to find a back way around, and... that's it. I'm stuck.

Spoiler please?
Trasher
UNATCO

Post by Trasher »

Hi. Sorry for the delay. Where exactly are you stuck? NSFHQ or NYC Streets? I dont remember adding invisible walls, could you point out where this is? Or even better, post a screenshot. :)
dains
Thug

Post by dains »

Whoops sorry, I checked for a couple days and then didn't come back for a bit. Here's a photo album of all Revision 1.3 issues I've had so far, including the invisible wall thing.

In mostly reverse order (pics numbered because Photobucket scrambles your picture order after upload :roll: ):
  • http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb30 ... n%20shots/

First up, that spot where I died like 50 times. That sniper + the two guards was insane to get past. I finally made a Hail Mary out-of-range shot with a tranq dart on the sniper and got a teargas grenade on the guards before they completely shot my @ss off, then blackjacked them down for a completely nonlethal return to the 'Ton to meet Paul.

So, I'm past it now, but if there IS any other way to deal with that, I'd very much appreciate a spoiler!

The chainlink-fence area with the invisible walls on top of the inf/inf fences, but pickups if you can get over the fences - a biocell and a datacube. I did eventually get over both of them, but only in a certain spot on either side - the rest of the fence was impassable, even with nothing at all in the way. But once you get past and get the pickups, you can go around the corner and see the outside of the world. Should we be able to do that?

Two normal-looking stairwells and one odd-looking stairwell at Unatco HQ - Dave the New Vision guy says not a bug though.

Hostage guy got hit with teargas while I fought Anna at the Battery Park subway, then didn't board the train. But he showed up on the other side anyways.

My UNATCO office was locked after a mission?? I've got it stacked with mods n'guns n'stuff! I NEEDS MY STUFF! ... please?

GPF'd entering Hell's Kitchen. Also got it when entering the hangar and when exiting the 747 back to the hangar. Never had that happen when not using Revision.
Zireael
NSF

Post by Zireael »

I've spent last half hour wandering around Hell's Kitchen - it's brilliant, so much space, much less cramped than the original - trying to find Smuggler's place. Help?
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

Thank you!

Yes, if you go to that second block that we've added you'll find the entrance. From the subway you go left, then left again into that tunnel, then follow the road to that intersection, continue past it and it's the second building to your right. There should be a wrecked car outside, it's house number 20.
Producer and Quality Assurance Manager for Deus Ex: Revision.
Zireael
NSF

Post by Zireael »

Found him, thanks. If I may suggest something - there's a whole lot of goodies behind Smuggler's computer. Alas, there's an invisible wall on the tap. Please introduce a way for the player to get through. Just make the wall glass and breakable, please.
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

Zireael wrote:Found him, thanks. If I may suggest something - there's a whole lot of goodies behind Smuggler's computer. Alas, there's an invisible wall on the tap. Please introduce a way for the player to get through. Just make the wall glass and breakable, please.
That's be far too overpowering don't you think?
Those items are there for decoration as opposed to assisting the player.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
Zireael
NSF

Post by Zireael »

Well, if it's purely decoration I'd like the wall to be colored, not purely translucent, so that it is visible. Invisible walls are something I hate, and I think most players do, too.
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

nerdenstein wrote:
Zireael wrote:Found him, thanks. If I may suggest something - there's a whole lot of goodies behind Smuggler's computer. Alas, there's an invisible wall on the tap. Please introduce a way for the player to get through. Just make the wall glass and breakable, please.
That's be far too overpowering don't you think?
Those items are there for decoration as opposed to assisting the player.
Yeah, we are going to add a nice fence there to really make it clear for the player that those items are unreachable. :)
Zireael
NSF

Post by Zireael »

Undisputed wrote:You can also "cheat" to get the supplies smuggler has behind him that includes several weapon modifications. Jump on the table and lean untill you reach across the barrier than walk towards it while your still leaning + crouching. Do it again to get back to the other side.
I'll have to use this trick when I get back after saving Schick. Gosh, this extra guard. I'm standing outside the door and wondering how to get rid of him.
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

You mean the commando? Yeah, he is a pain ;)
Zireael
NSF

Post by Zireael »

Anyway, I beat him and there's a problem with Ford Schick's pathfinding - 100% of 4 tries, he gets stuck on that metal column on the right side of the walkway between the two metal doors. The fifth time, I had to manually block him from moving towards the stupid column, only then did he reach the end point.
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

Yeah, that has been fixed in the upcoming next version. :)
TheUnbeholden
NSF

Post by TheUnbeholden »

Impressive, how recognizable will the level design be with the original Deus Ex after the final release? Because to provide a totally new gameplay experience for those who have played the original many times it would have to be quite quite alot of changes.
"Blood is a Passion"
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

The areas we've already changed are pretty final, you can browse our image gallery on ModDB to find out how the levels look. Hopefully the next version will be through testing in a few weeks, by then you can check it out first hand (or if you can't wait you can check it out now with the Demo v. 1.3 release).