Revision Demo 1.3...

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Trasher
UNATCO

Revision Demo 1.3...

Post by Trasher »

Hey guys. Thought I'd let you know that we have finally managed to pull off the 1.3 version. A lot of things have changed from 1.2 as you may have probably seen from the moddb pictures. All maps from 00 to 09 are included.

So, if you got nothing to do, please give it a try and share some feedback even if you hated the first releases. ;)

If you havent checked pictures yet, check out here.

Download:

MODDB: (may not work yet, seems to be waiting for an approval)

Link

Link

Thanks - much appreciated. :smile:
Kee715
Illuminati

Re: Revision Demo 1.3...

Post by Kee715 »

bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Awesome, I'll install it and play it after work this coming week. Hopefully I'll be able to leave some feedback before next week-end. :)
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

Wow, Thanks Trasher!
It looks great! I assume this includes the (Let me think about this one,) new new New York Maps? :P
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
Trasher
UNATCO

Post by Trasher »

Yup, includes the new Hell's Kitchen,NSFHQ,Unatco Mj12lab,Ship Below,Graveyard... etc.... :smile:

Thanks guys, looking forward to your thoughts!
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

Yippee! :mrgreen:
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
Undisputed
UNATCO

Post by Undisputed »

Cool I'll try it now, if its only the Demo what are you planning for the full release?
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

I downloaded from the Mod DB, unfortunately I'm getting a `the file is broken' error when trying to run the exe. :(

Edit: I downloaded it again, this time from your website... got it installed. :)

Extra edit: Now it doesn't run, I get "Revision has stopped working" even before the menu comes up.
Trasher
UNATCO

Post by Trasher »

Hmm... now thats weird. You're the first one to have problems with the demo. Did you start it from the shortcut located on your desktop or quick launch? Have you installed any earlier version before? Or maybe the setup got corrupted or something. I recommend deleting the whole demo(using the uninstaller.exe) and install it again.
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

Are you running Windows 7? Please check if you have DEP enabled, that might be the source of your problems...
Producer and Quality Assurance Manager for Deus Ex: Revision.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

bjorn98009_91 wrote:Are you running Windows 7? Please check if you have DEP enabled, that might be the source of your problems...
Thanks man, I've got DX and TNM "ticked", I didn't even think about that with Revision. I made a few changes with my resolution and did the 32 bit colour thing...in short, I'll give it a whirl this afternoon after work. :P

P.S. I un-installed TNM before installing Revision.
Undisputed
UNATCO

Post by Undisputed »

Great level design, I'm playing on the Realistic difficulty and shocked that there is no Batons in the level anywhere however, as it elimates any chance of playing through the level without killing anyone.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

I managed to play a bit this morning. I've just finished talking to Filban and I'm currently dead after getting rid of everyone, so I thought, and got whacked by the extra sniper near where you climb the crates and ladders to get to the top level. :P

Hey, thanks for the extra goodies where Kaplan is now. One was useful in getting other goodies.

Edit: I've played up until the hostage situation at Battery Park. I died twice on Liberty Island due to surprise extra NSF guys being where I least expected. Actually that's a good thing, as you did say Revision was a chance for players who had played DX lots, to experience something different. At Battery Park I threw an EMP 'nade at the blue lasers but that caused the booby-trap to go off.
Jacobson is not happy. :D
Trasher
UNATCO

Post by Trasher »

Sorry about the baton Undisputed. We'll make sure it will be in final version. For now, you'll just have to play a little further to get it.

@bobby, alright that's cool. :) I'm eager to hear your expressions from Hell's Kitchen as the first maps doesnt really have radical changes.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Trasher wrote:
@bobby, alright that's cool. :) I'm eager to hear your expressions from Hell's Kitchen as the first maps doesnt really have radical changes.
Well it's certainly changed. After the fight near Osgood's I did the 'Ton thing and found some changes there too. I had the 'talking to the locals` done and started to head to Smuggler's when I saw some really cool additions. Once again I'm dead as I didn't see the GEP gun weilding guy until it was too late. :P
Last edited by bobby 55 on Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.