Revision Demo 1.3...

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

nerdenstein
Illuminati

Re: Revision Demo 1.3...

Post by nerdenstein »

Shifter and Biomod are separate mods. Biomod just uses Shifter's basic fixes and adds to them.

That being said, the latest version of BioMod Removed Shifters additional skillpoint system I think.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
dains
Thug

Post by dains »

nerdenstein wrote:Shifter and Biomod are separate mods. Biomod just uses Shifter's basic fixes and adds to them.

That being said, the latest version of BioMod Removed Shifters additional skillpoint system I think.
Yeah I was just trying to distinguish what Shifter added and what Biomod added. Re the skillpoints, they work in my non-Revision game which uses Kenties exe and DX10, Shifter/Biomod, New Vision, and nothing more.

And I was wrong about skills being combined, it was just Swimming renamed to Athletics.

I did want to give a comment on Revision - it seems that there's no batons at the beginning anymore? I generally work non-lethal in the early missions for "intel-gathering" purposes. I've about cleared the ground floor on Liberty Island, but even after raiding Unatco for more tranq darts, I'm completely out of nonlethals except for pepper spray. I can work with that if I have a baton, but all I've got is a crowbar, and that's a lethal weapon :( Any tips or suggestions?
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

Avoid confrontation?

As for the Swimming/Athletics thing; BioMod changed it to Athletics. Shifter keeps it Swimming.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
dains
Thug

Post by dains »

nerdenstein wrote:Avoid confrontation?

As for the Swimming/Athletics thing; BioMod changed it to Athletics. Shifter keeps it Swimming.
Yes, so it shows up as Athletics non-Revision and Swimming under Revision. I tested the special tactics xps again and sure 'nuff, non-Revision you get them, Revision you don't. Thought that might be interesting.

The non-lethal approach in the beginning under Shifter/Biomod also gets you bennies in experience and a special item from Paul (blackjack, special baton). And it's kind of an RP thing, my big bro did say to go non-lethal, it's my first day on the job, he's the big shot, etc. :) Regarding avoiding confrontation - I'm climbing the stairs to the leader now. With the way you've set up the guards (completely realistic and nice touch) there's no way I'm avoiding confrontation lol.

So, no batons in Revision? or did I miss a pickup somewhere? I searched all the Unatco bodies I saw too.
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

The baton has been added in the bugfix release (that we've not yet completed and released), so it's coming.

Also, certain text messages from mods that modify DeusEx.int are missing, we are working on a standalone tool to fix this though, but for the time being custom texts in DeusEx.int does not work.
Producer and Quality Assurance Manager for Deus Ex: Revision.
dains
Thug

Post by dains »

bjorn98009_91 wrote:The baton has been added in the bugfix release (that we've not yet completed and released), so it's coming.

Also, certain text messages from mods that modify DeusEx.int are missing, we are working on a standalone tool to fix this though, but for the time being custom texts in DeusEx.int does not work.
Ah, excellent news! Thanks for the update Bjorn. I'll check the actual xps and see if I am getting the bonuses instead of relying on the text messages.

Edit: hey, I got the Public Health Awareness experience bonus text message, so that one is working.

Also - what a job on Unatco HQ. Simply awesome. When I get rich you guys are designing my castle :D
kdawg88
MJ12

Post by kdawg88 »

I nearly hit my head on this unrealistically-low ceiling as I was entering the UNATCO HQ.
Attachments
dx ceiling.JPG
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

kdawg88 wrote:I nearly hit my head on this unrealistically-low ceiling as I was entering the UNATCO HQ.
I wonder how Gunther gets in.
Paul, I know you said no phone messages, but South Street's going up in smoke. We'll have to meet at the subway station.
Trasher
UNATCO

Post by Trasher »

lol, you do know that its the same exact size as in vanilla?

:giggle:
kdawg88
MJ12

Post by kdawg88 »

I think I have actually noticed it before. I guess now that I can complain about it I'm more wary of little mistakes like that. :)
dains
Thug

Post by dains »

Couple revision 1.3 bugs I had - see the shots at http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb30 ... n%20shots/ , password Revision.

One is the stairs at Unatco, not sure if they're supposed to look like that. I am using New Vision so maybe that's an NV bug, not a Revision bug.

Another is the male hostage in the subway. He got hit with teargas accidentally and even after I waited for him to recover fully (no longer frightened) he wouldn't board the subway. But he does show up on the other side when you go there.

Last is a GPF I had entering Hell's Kitchen. I haven't had it since but thought I'd show it to you.

Also, I did find a baton in my office when I got back to Unatco, so the only real issue with nonlethals was Liberty Island. And since I completed it that way, I did get the blackjack from Paul's apartment in NY, so Shifter is still working away under the hood.
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

dains wrote:One is the stairs at Unatco, not sure if they're supposed to look like that. I am using New Vision so maybe that's an NV bug, not a Revision bug.
It's a Revision 'Bug', since I'm pretty sure that's meant to be a light. But the original texture probably looks blurry, so it only looks weird with NV.
dains
Thug

Post by dains »

DaveW wrote:
dains wrote:One is the stairs at Unatco, not sure if they're supposed to look like that. I am using New Vision so maybe that's an NV bug, not a Revision bug.
It's a Revision 'Bug', since I'm pretty sure that's meant to be a light. But the original texture probably looks blurry, so it only looks weird with NV.
I went back and checked this out and confirmed the front of the steps are not lights. So Idunno - not a huge deal but it definitely looks weird when you first come across it.
dains
Thug

Post by dains »

Ok. I have to say this about NPC placement.

You guys are MEAN!

jk, I love what you've done with the place(ment). But how did that one NSF guy at the airfield get on the top of the stack of crates nearest the trailers? I tried hard to figure a way up there so I could loot his ammo, but eventually had to move along.

Also, there seems to be a crate with a pass-through wall (is that called no-clipping?) where the streetlight is. Pics here:
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb30 ... ot0000.jpg

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb30 ... ot0001.jpg
dains
Thug

Post by dains »

dains wrote:Couple revision 1.3 bugs I had - see the shots at http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb30 ... n%20shots/ , password Revision.

Last is a GPF I had entering Hell's Kitchen. I haven't had it since but thought I'd show it to you.
Had this same GPF exiting the 747 at the airfield. Just thought I'd keep a running tally in case it would help troubleshooting.