Anybody familiar with this mod?

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

anonymous1980
Thug

Anybody familiar with this mod?

Post by anonymous1980 »

I'm curious if this is some obscure mod, or if the guy that posted that picture modeled and imported those himself. If no one here knows then it's probably the dude's work.

It just shocked the fuck out of me, because that weapon model (and the others judging from the GUI are the same) looks incredible.

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/9770 ... 593350.jpg

A well respected guy on the Gamespot forums posted that in the PC section, in the Deus Ex thread on the first page.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: Anybody familiar with this mod?

Post by Jonas »

That's not obscure, that's The 2027 Project, it was just released in English a couple of weeks ago:

http://project2027.com/

The weapon models are from Counter-Strike. If I say this any more I'll start to look like an asshole, but seriously they were taken from another game. That doesn't take away from the fact that they were superbly implemented though, give the mod a shot and see what I mean.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
anonymous1980
Thug

Post by anonymous1980 »

Thanks, man, this just made my weekend. Does this mod work with New Vision?
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

anonymous1980 wrote:Thanks, man, this just made my weekend. Does this mod work with New Vision?
Given what they've done, I'd doubt that any (or few) of the New Vision or HDTP assets show up in 2027. But I'm running both without any problems. 2027 will set up with the DX9 render or ENBSeries (this is what the loader calls "advanced effects" or some such thing, but I understand your eyes will hurt tremendously after a small time if you do), and will generally have graphics to match.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Yeah I turned the advanced effects off real quick, I found them to be pretty annoying.

New Vision won't break anything in 2027, but I think most of the 2027 textures are original, so New Vision won't make much of a difference either :)
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine