DX Loader 2.03

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

ggrotz
X-51

Re: DX Loader 2.01

Post by ggrotz »

DX Loader 2.01 released.

Hopefully, it should fix the infamous pathing bug...
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

What pathing bug? The one in 03 Airfield? If so, how?
Producer and Quality Assurance Manager for Deus Ex: Revision.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

bjorn98009_91 wrote:What pathing bug? The one in 03 Airfield? If so, how?
Oh, something I was running into on an unrelated thing. DX Loader was blowing up on paths with spaces....file paths, not paths in DX. :)
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

Ah. Yeah, paths with spaces needs to be wrapped with quotes. :)
Producer and Quality Assurance Manager for Deus Ex: Revision.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

bjorn98009_91 wrote:Ah. Yeah, paths with spaces needs to be wrapped with quotes. :)
Yes, something oddly enough that didn't come up until just now. Plus, interesting fact: Windows strips them when you just pass them through. So I had to re-add them before execution.
ggrotz
X-51

Re: DX Loader 2.02

Post by ggrotz »

A new version of the loader has been posted on the first post of the thread.

2.02 - changed initial loading routine so it will replace any file that is missed.
2.02 - fixed a/v with Save opt tab when you do the initial load routine of the loader.
2.02 - Note: There is a bug/naming consistency if you use Kentie's DX11 renderer. The settings are stored in the inconsistently named [D3D11Drv.D3D10RenderDevice]. The loader will use the more consistent [D3D11Drv.D3D11RenderDevice], which is what the driver requires in the GameRenderEngine line. There is no fix here for the loader, since this will likely be changed when Kentie picks this renderer back up. If you wish the default settings stored in this loader, copy them from the latter identified section to the former identified one in whatever DeusEx.ini you are using.
2.02 - bug fix. Renderer information will now copy properly.
2.02 - checked and changed some of the packaged renderer defaults. To see those, you will need to delete renderers.ini in C:\Users\<youruserid>\AppData\Local\DXLoader or whatever your user app directory is.
fantsu
UNATCO

Post by fantsu »

I have used this old, old kenties loader for a long time, and usually don't want to upgrade. I dont like upgrading because that usually breaks something.

I recently started playing a new run of deus ex with 4k graphics.... and well... the UI is the problem. Its way too small, any way to change the UI size bigger?
And I mean a bit bigger, it looks terrible in 4k with original size.
:lol: :lol:
Possible wth 2.02?
Bravery is not a function of firepower.
My "Deus Ex - Conspiracy" run on emulator
Alex Jacobson: They'll have you killed. They won't even blink an eye.
JC Denton: Neither did I.
Hanfling
MJ12

Post by Hanfling »

fantsu wrote:And I mean a bit bigger, it looks terrible in 4k with original size.
Is 4x too small for 4k?

But i don't see the logic in the game launcher handling the window drawing scale.
I demand my DXE User ID back. Launcher for DeusEx, Rune, Nerf, Unreal & Botpack. HX on Mod DB. Revision on Steam.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

fantsu wrote: I recently started playing a new run of deus ex with 4k graphics.... and well... the UI is the problem. Its way too small, any way to change the UI size bigger?
The UI Size is nothing that a true Deus Ex loader can take care of (as opposed to a DX replacement, which is what Kentie's file is), unless it exists in the INI settings. Even so, Kentie's work wouldn't even control this (I've read the source). I notice the "OTP UI Scaling Fix" is what does this, primarily. Perhaps that needs to be fixed. Edit: Has NVSHacker open-sourced this? If so, I'm guessing fixing it would be trivial.

In the meantime, you might try disabling the UI scaling fix and see if that changes things.
Hanfling wrote: But i don't see the logic in the game launcher handling the window drawing scale.
Exactly.
Hanfling
MJ12

Post by Hanfling »

I always thought that the otp fix source (or maybe a later version) was included in TNM SDK?
It basically hooks all gc and mouse clipping calls using this retoured.dll. Not sure why they havent just replaced native functions. However, seems to have been unnoticed that I've released a few months back a clean non hack solution for an UI scale fix (took me quite some time and several approaches).
http://www.offtopicproductions.com/foru ... 5&start=18

However, as for RF i'm trying to get as much of it as possible to uc. And ResizeRoot() is now an UC function in RF, which is pretty cool as this is way more flexibel then the supply a drawing scale value version in CoolBits. ^^
I demand my DXE User ID back. Launcher for DeusEx, Rune, Nerf, Unreal & Botpack. HX on Mod DB. Revision on Steam.
ggrotz
X-51

Re: DX Loader 2.03

Post by ggrotz »

A new version of the loader has been posted on the first post of the thread.

2.03 - fixed minor bug where scaling fix not enabled in all situations.
ggrotz
X-51

Re: DX Loader 2.03

Post by ggrotz »

One thing I made a point to do on my current go-around with Deus Ex stuff was to not run the save optimizer on the loader until I got through a lot of games and mods. It provides a good demonstration of the possibility of utilizing this and hopefully demonstrates that there's no smoke and mirrors. You can really save a lot of hard drive space (7.7GB) !
My drive before, the save optimizer as run, my drive after.
My drive before, the save optimizer as run, my drive after.