Has anyone ever proofread/modded the DX weapons properties?

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Kelkos
UNATCO

Re: Has anyone ever proofread/modded the DX weapons properti

Post by Kelkos »

No, because It's quite capable of expelling plasma into your face and overheating when used carelessly, I think you should make a failsafe in that WeaponPlasmaRifle.u In GMDX, if it's used continuously, It will kinda overheat, also there should be a blast when using the secondary fire too much
Being a soldier isn't just following orders, it's following those orders in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we're not soldiers anymore, just pieces on a chess board dying for the wrong reason.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

I didn't mean necessary in that context. The plasma rifle IS an experimental weapon, but is it absolutely necessary to have Sam Carter write it in the UNATCO notes? That's what I meant.
Last edited by Cybernetic pig on Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kelkos
UNATCO

Post by Kelkos »

The UNATCO personnel never use it , so yes , you can say that it's experimental
Being a soldier isn't just following orders, it's following those orders in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we're not soldiers anymore, just pieces on a chess board dying for the wrong reason.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

No, there is no disputing it. An email, the weapons' description and more already state it is experimental. But is it necessary to have Sam Carter be a pedant about in the weapon mod descriptions too? Military guys often abbreviate, for instance. People leave out details intentionally or unintentionally sometimes. It can fit his character.

Fixing it is something I don't see as absolutely necessary, is what I'm saying.
Kelkos
UNATCO

Post by Kelkos »

If they want to further market this weapon by labeling that it's a prototype , then sure, why not
Bird
NSF

More grave stuff to get done.

Post by Bird »

I. You are welcome, as always.
II. & III. & IV. I had the same issue pondering about ultra-high carbon stainless steel knives. I keep forgetting that this game is set almost fourty years from today. I would and I did not change anything, so there is nothing to change. In all, I agree with Cybernetic Pig's last post.

There is more stuff to fix, though:

[WeaponModAccuracy] and [WeaponModSilencer] shares the same UNATCO OPS FILE NOTE number: SC108-BLUE.
WeaponModAccuracy wrote: <UNATCO OPS FILE NOTE SC108-BLUE> Almost any weapon that has a significant amount of vibration can be modified with a balancer; I've even seen it work with the mini-crossbow and a prototype plasma gun. -- Sam Carter <END NOTE>
WeaponModSilencer wrote:<UNATCO OPS FILE NOTE SC108-BLUE> Obviously, a silencer is only effective with firearms. -- Sam Carter <END NOTE>
Same stuff with [AugDatalink] and [AugHeartLung], they share the same UNATCO OPS FILE NOTE number: JR133-VIOLET.
AugDatalink wrote:<UNATCO OPS FILE NOTE JR133-VIOLET> This is top of the line all the way, so don't expect any upgrades. -- Jaime Reyes <END NOTE>
AugHeartLung wrote:<UNATCO OPS FILE NOTE JR133-VIOLET> However, this will not enhance any augmentation past its maximum upgrade level. -- Jaime Reyes <END NOTE>
I quickly double-checked all the other UNATCO OPS FILE NOTES and I was not able to find any dupes other than those above.
AugmentationCannister wrote:An augmentation canister teems with nanoscale mecanocarbon ROM modules suspended in a carrier serum.
Should be mechanocarbon.
Bird
NSF

Post by Bird »

Bump.
WeaponModLaser wrote:A laser targeting dot eliminates any inaccuracy resulting from the inability to visually guage a projectile's point of impact.
Should be gauge.