Fooling Around

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Chris
UNATCO
Location: In the secret underground MJ12 base in Goat City, as a prisoner.

Fooling Around

Post by Chris »

I once spawned a 100 Bobby Pages into the water at Ocean Lab, threw a houseplant at a door and I got gibbed, dragging Lebedev's dead body all the way to Tracer T's lab, spawnmass lam 100 to kill 1 rat and some of the lams went through the wall and killed Gunther Hermann. etc etc etc.

And whaddabout you?
Platypus
~DJ~
UNATCO

Re: Fooling Around

Post by ~DJ~ »

Once when I did not knew about cheats.. At unatco-hq.. I trapped Manderly, Anna and Gunther.. and redecorated Manderly's office as mine.. Yeah. :mrgreen:
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

Mainly the cats in the dock thing. But lately I've been spawnmassing a bunch of mib and then hunting them with the WP rockets. Interesting to see how far they range when you find them. Did Liberty Island with nothing but LAWs I summoned.

Yeah kinda getting bored with my DX sessions. Need to do an update on the loader soon (mainly to add some install checks for renderers), and try to figure out how to do some weapon mods I want, so will be getting more time with it.
Chris
UNATCO

Post by Chris »

Why does everyone like to kill MiBs?

Im pretty fond of killing em also
Platypus
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

Chris wrote:Why does everyone like to kill MiBs?

Im pretty fond of killing em also
The sounds and the big boom. WiBs are fun, too.

For TNM, I like gassing (repeatedly) the receptionist on the "floor that does not exist". The voice acting is so over-the-top bad it's hilarious.
G-Flex
Silhouette

Post by G-Flex »

I liked using the ingame console to make the pepper spray and/or assault rifle shoot throwing knives. It was amusing.

Or making the pepper spray shoot rockets.
Chris
UNATCO

Post by Chris »

LOL, i replayed DX, and after escaping MJ12 emerging into the UNATCO base, all the UNATCO People were friendly to me. Then i reached Navarre, after the convo, the fight started and my "friendly" UNATCO troops rushed from the rooms and killed Navarre.

I DONT EVEN KNOW THATS POSSIBLE! AWESOMEST GLITCH EVER!!!
Platypus
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

G-Flex wrote:I liked using the ingame console to make the pepper spray and/or assault rifle shoot throwing knives. It was amusing.

Or making the pepper spray shoot rockets.
Thanks for reminding me of that, I had forgotten it. It's something I used to do before my first copy of DX went bad. Along with that, I also remembered the spawning of the pet greasels and changing their projectileclass. When I did that today, I had them spitting rockets, but you can have them spit fireballs too (I think that's Jonas's usual fooling around fun). Only downside is that they aren't aggressive against your enemies, so you have to let your enemies attack first before they're any fun.

Gonna have to look up how to make them follow you around, though. Forgot how to set that.
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

Set greasel orders following

I think that only applies to greasels spawned after you set it, though.
Chris
UNATCO

Post by Chris »

For me, i just open UnrealEd and create a couple of boxes. Or just open a premade MP map. Then i insert the greasels and set their Alliance, projectile, health, you know the drill. And i put a number of zombie spawn points around the map. Put an invisible giant box in the air, and
played and watch the fun. :)
Platypus
Chris
UNATCO

Post by Chris »

Putting TNAG Gravity guns ,Miniguns, LAWs, Karkian bite, and inputting ZeroPresence with the Greasels is EPIK
Platypus
G-Flex
Silhouette

Post by G-Flex »

I remember downloading some weirdass gravity gun mod, and editing its script so that it would function on basically any object you pointed it at. It did not work very well on doors, but it was amusing hovering a giant spinning tree/helicopter in front of me, then launching it at a trooper and watching it ricochet off his head.
Chris
UNATCO

Post by Chris »

G-Flex wrote:I remember downloading some weirdass gravity gun mod, and editing its script so that it would function on basically any object you pointed it at. It did not work very well on doors, but it was amusing hovering a giant spinning tree/helicopter in front of me, then launching it at a trooper and watching it ricochet off his head.
The Physics Gun?
Platypus
G-Flex
Silhouette

Post by G-Flex »

https://sites.google.com/site/hejhujka/ ... deusexmods

It was the one from this page, that looks like the bio-sludge gun from Unreal Tournament.
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

I used to play around with the gravity and jump settings (cheat codes), so when on a map, I'd jump and go flying either very fast or very slow and take a while to land due to lighter gravity. It was interesting when you'd have hostile troops and one walked or jumped of a ledge or stairs and they took a while to land. Even with low gravity and speed set to fast, you could run and have an "air hockey" feel.

One map, I had gravity low and speed low and when I was up high as you could get, I spawned the HotelCarone NSF troops (the ones that are hostile to you) and watched them shoot it out (and adding the odd UNATCO Troop) and watching a big shootout while drifting through the air. Even interesting spawning Weeemann and Damocleas (the troop that is hostile towards weemann kid in Hotel Carone mod) and seeing them fight while floating through the air. And so on.

I also once made my own robot code (and all the classes, repairbot, militarybot etc...) and made it so you could pick them up. They still shot at you and it was sort of like picking up a turret in Portal except it didn't fall about when you dropped it. Also modded a military bot into a "Homing Military Bot" with homing rockets. so essentially the rockets would follow you until they hit something and exploded, you or something in front of you. However, it didn't work well as often the rockets would just fly around in circles and not hit anything. I made the rockets (and a modded GEP gun for the rockets) so that they would only hit something hostile to whoever shot the rockets, but avoid allies and neutral NPCs.
My nature videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/DynamixWarePro
My whistle/flute videos (and some other videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/DXMorpheus