HR v1.3 + Biomod Installation Query

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Baldur
Thug

HR v1.3 + Biomod Installation Query

Post by Baldur »

Hi
I require some guidance in installing mods "Deus Ex: HUMAN RENOVATION" v1.3 and Biomod TOGETHER.
When I launch game with Kentie's launcher v4.3 and choose these 2 Mods in "Data Directories" it will definitely override some files of the lowest item(mod).

Say, I chose HR + Biomod, HR will override Biomod items.

Any one who has played with these 2 mods can suggest me the exact CORRECT load order for mods under Data Directories so that Biomod's augmentation improvements and HR's bugfixes and other improvements are all present in the game.

Note: I want to play with only these 2 mods and no other stuff is installed. Using GOG version of Deus Ex

thanks.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Re: HR v1.3 + Biomod Installation Query

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Baldur wrote:Hi
Those two are not compatable. They both build upon shifter but make thier own seperate changes. Furthermore if you are using HDTP niether of them are compatable with that either.... yet.

EDIT: I see you are using no other mods. Then you will have to choose one or the other Bio or HuRen. I recommend getting New Vision though too as it is compatable with everything and is objectively better than vanilla.
G-Flex
Silhouette

Post by G-Flex »

To clarify, BioMod is based upon Shifter whereas Human Renovation is based upon Deus Ex 2.0 but includes a bunch of bugfixes and stuff from Shifter, while not implementing most of Shifter's gameplay changes. Also, both Human Renovation and Shifter these days are mostly-compatible with the old version of HDTP, but not the new beta that just recently came out.

But yes, since they both overwrite the same file, BioMod and Human Renovation aren't compatible. There are very few Deus Ex mods that are compatible with each other for that reason. New Vision should work fine, though.
Baldur
Thug

Post by Baldur »

Firstly thanks G-flex for the superb mod.
Cybernetic pig wrote: Those two are not compatable. They both build upon shifter but make thier own seperate changes. Furthermore if you are using HDTP niether of them are compatable with that either.... yet.
Yes regarding HDTP both mods have stated in the readme.
The game actually plays with these 2 but i guess later there could be problems.

One last thing, Playing Deus Ex with HR v1.3 is the best option (considering a lot of bugfixes offered, stays close to original and Shifter mod included in the content? OR
Do you recommend playing with only Biomod installed (with no bugfixes but only additional aug improvements over Shifter?

Secondly, HR is not clear about what's left out from Shifter mod (not included in HR)?

Thanks a lot
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

G-Flex wrote: There are very few Deus Ex mods that are compatible with each other for that reason.
Unless your mod is named Revision and you go through great pains to make sure your mod is compatible. I'm somewhat unsettled with the lack of interest for mod compatibility in the community. Sure, it's one thing to make sure Shifters custom items spawn in the correct location in our redesigned maps, compared to having to fuse two mods that uses the same file together (although it's not that hard if you just delete the files are the same and then run a text compare between the two files and just copy paste stuff), but as I pointed out in a different thread all mods would benefit if they would build on the unofficial patch/Human Renovation since the most that these mods do is just simple "fixing" with almost no gameplay change.

Baldur wrote: One last thing, Playing Deus Ex with HR v1.3 is the best option (considering a lot of bugfixes offered, stays close to original and Shifter mod included in the content? OR
Do you recommend playing with only Biomod installed (with no bugfixes but only additional aug improvements over Shifter?

Secondly, HR is not clear about what's left out from Shifter mod (not included in HR)?
Shifter does include a lot of bugfixes in itself, just so you know.
Producer and Quality Assurance Manager for Deus Ex: Revision.
G-Flex
Silhouette

Post by G-Flex »

Baldur wrote:Firstly thanks G-flex for the superb mod.
You're welcome! I'm still working on it, actually, so stay tuned in the next month or so.
One last thing, Playing Deus Ex with HR v1.3 is the best option (considering a lot of bugfixes offered, stays close to original and Shifter mod included in the content? OR

Thanks a lot
The HR readme has a list of what I took from Shifter, so if something's not in that list, you can assume it was left out. I didn't base my mod off Shifter, I just cherry-picked some of its bugfixes and stuff that I liked.

But yeah, Shifter (and thus BioMod, I guess) does have bugfixes, seemingly most of the ones included in Deus Ex 2.0.
bjorn98009_91 wrote:I'm somewhat unsettled with the lack of interest for mod compatibility in the community. Sure, it's one thing to make sure Shifters custom items spawn in the correct location in our redesigned maps, compared to having to fuse two mods that uses the same file together (although it's not that hard if you just delete the files are the same and then run a text compare between the two files and just copy paste stuff), but as I pointed out in a different thread all mods would benefit if they would build on the unofficial patch/Human Renovation since the most that these mods do is just simple "fixing" with almost no gameplay change.
It's more that mod intercompatibility is very, very difficult, and nearly impossible, and totally infeasible if gameplay changes are really being made.

Using Deus Ex 2.0 and/or my mod as a basis for further modification is a good idea. I don't think it's an idea that's gotten much attention yet because, as far as I know, Deus Ex 2.0 is actually newer than Shifter, and my mod is newer than that. Hell, I think my mod is basically the newest one on the block that anyone really knows about.
Baldur
Thug

Post by Baldur »

G-Flex wrote: The HR readme has a list of what I took from Shifter, so if something's not in that list, you can assume it was left out. I didn't base my mod off Shifter, I just cherry-picked some of its bugfixes and stuff that I liked.

But yeah, Shifter (and thus BioMod, I guess) does have bugfixes, seemingly most of the ones included in Deus Ex 2.0.
I m still confused. Deus Ex is tricky to run with mods since most readme never include the launcher order. Compatibility is fine but let us know the order too for installation.

Now, is it possible to launch HR with Shifter for those missing content?
Please let me know the order if it's possible to play your mod with Shifter in combination.

EDIT: The menu screen never displays HR version but default GOTY no. It's a small thing but an unofficial patch version below the menu would be a cool update in your next release of HR. :smile:
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Baldur wrote:
G-Flex wrote:
Please let me know the order if it's possible to play your mod with Shifter in combination.
You cannot mix Shifter, Biomod or HuRen. In fact you cannot mix much at all. You have to pick one of those three mods. Only other mods that can be combined with any of those three are New Vision and the Revision or HDTP Demos.

If you want more compatability you'll have to wait for everyone to finish thier individual projects and get the mods to work together by basically merging them into one mod where possible (no conflicting code etc).

But those first three mods will never be compatable with each other unless merged, which I doubt will happen because they each modify similar files.

My recommendation: Install New vision, then install HuRen or Biomod.
Baldur
Thug

Post by Baldur »

Cybernetic pig wrote: My recommendation: Install New vision, then install HuRen or Biomod.
Finally!.. thanks a lot for the order. :)

No more confusion.
G-Flex
Silhouette

Post by G-Flex »

Baldur wrote:
G-Flex wrote:EDIT: The menu screen never displays HR version but default GOTY no. It's a small thing but an unofficial patch version below the menu would be a cool update in your next release of HR. :smile:
That's not a bad idea, actually. I'll see if I can't do that, just to make it more obvious to the player that it's installed properly.