2027 Music in DX

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Fjaj
Thug

Re: 2027 Music in DX

Post by Fjaj »

Any chance of getting the link back up?
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Ha!

*Points and laughs at his own noob thread*

@Fjaj: Consider downloading my now fully fledged DX mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/gmdx
It includes some tracks from 2027 to replace the more commonly recycled tracks in the game. All vanilla tracks are in the game, just more on top.
Don't be put off that it offers increased difficulty as there is still easy, normal etc.

If you don't want GMDX then I'd rather you'd wait & download the full version of Revision than this non-existant "mod" (I'm not sure I even have the files floating around on the cloud anymore), which will have a complete new soundtrack for the whole game on full release.

If you REALLY want I can "remake" this "mod" in about 20mins (includes upload time), but that's not a promise as my generosity is kinda dormant for the time being.
Fjaj
Thug

Post by Fjaj »

Thanks for the link, i think i'll try it out. It looks good, and my current game play mod isn't compatible with HDTP.
Are you still in development of this mod, or is it completely done?
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Fjaj wrote:Thanks for the link, i think i'll try it out. It looks good, and my current game play mod isn't compatible with HDTP.
Are you still in development of this mod, or is it completely done?
Well, it's labelled final but I've been having more design ideas since release, and also the mod will need updating when HDTP final is released.
However we have been considering going indie so...maybe. It's current state is more than enough if not :smile:

Enjoy!
Last edited by Cybernetic pig on Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fjaj
Thug

Post by Fjaj »

How hard is it to replace the music in maps?
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Fjaj wrote:How hard is it to replace the music in maps?
Depends. If you have .umx files ready to hand then it's easy as pie. If you want to convert to .umx and use a tracker program, a lot more complicated.
Tutorial here: http://www.planetdeusex.com/tack/HowToC ... Music.html

Note you could have .umx files such as those from Unreal Tournament, but then the music wouldn't be dynamic depending on conversations, combat etc. Either follow the tutorial, use music from other mods that are open source/ask permission (most use .ogg, which again isn't simple to fiddle around with) or just be happy with vanilla/GMDX :)

And for those who are interested,, here is part of a map I designed that never made it into the final version of GMDX: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8E4pSndL14