Give Me Deus Ex Mode- testers needed

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Re: Give Me Deus Ex Mode- testers needed

Post by Cybernetic pig »

G-Flex wrote:What's the problem with the "elite" MJ12 troopers getting the same carcass class as the normal ones? For the most part, the only differences between subclasses of DeusExCarcass are the collision size, meshes, and skins.
Yeah that is what I want, a new DeusExCarcass with new skins. (only helmet visor, MJ12TroopTex3 in multiskin slot 6 or something).

Edit: and a face mask too probably.
G-Flex
Silhouette

Post by G-Flex »

If you know how to edit the skins for the MJ12 trooper, then editing the skins for the carcass should certainly not be a problem.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

G-Flex wrote:If you know how to edit the skins for the MJ12 trooper, then editing the skins for the carcass should certainly not be a problem.
It cant be done from unrealED as far as I am aware. You can edit a carcass but you have to place them down in a map first.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

I am having Sam Carter attack JC if he kills scientists in front of him at Vanderberg, but to make sure- can anyone confirm that this is the last place you see or hear from him in the game? I think it is but you can never be certain with this game.
I ask because he will be set to Invincible=False.
If not I could just keep him invincible though. I just dont think it's right that you can murder the scientists in that room and niether Savage nor Carter blink an eye.
G-Flex
Silhouette

Post by G-Flex »

I believe that is the last time you see him, although the fact that none of the other important NPCs feel the need to bring it up would seem sort of odd.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

G-Flex wrote:I believe that is the last time you see him, although the fact that none of the other important NPCs feel the need to bring it up would seem sort of odd.
You can murder the whole of tongs base excluding tong and paul and niether say a word either. The best I could do was have the tong base guards defend themselves.
Bits like that all over the game.

Anyway, the other important NPCs late in the game (Savage, Tong, Everret) dont know of your relationship with carter, so it should be fine. Well Savage probably knows, but he doesn't even care when you kill his scientists so he is excluded.
Only Paul would have something to say, but he doesn't have to know ;)

EDIT: Actually Helios or Page would probably say something...Oh well it's happening. Better one reaction than none. Could have him just cower and stay invincible but that would probably be out of character.

If anyone objects please say.
DDentonas
UNATCO

Post by DDentonas »

Sounds awesome man! Make him killable! Although keep in mind that Carter is a badass and he is augmented. I believe that you should make him as deadly as Gunther or Simons.

Well done, well done =D>
YK: And you... you... are a bad actress.
(unknown sound)
MC: And you have one less finger...
G-Flex
Silhouette

Post by G-Flex »

Wait, Carter is augmented? I always assumed he didn't have any of that stuff.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Yeah. me too. All he has is his badass face scars.

Damn:
"Before he joined UNATCO, he had lost his feet, either through injury or voluntary augmentation. The former reason is more probable, considering his clearly injured right eye has not been replaced with a prosthetic, despite the ease with which it could be replaced."
Suppose i'll give him speed enhancement then. I did give him slightly better stats than the average pawn already though.
In the concept art, Sam Carter was expected to be much more visibly augmented with a right leg completely mechanically augmented and look like more a retired soldier. In the early render, he wears a black trench coat and keeps his right leg augmented like the concept art. It was changed in the final version of the game, and he has only light mechanical augmentations in his leg
Hmmn, maybe a 10% speed increase? Minor.

Anyway, stay tuned. Some big things coming for this mod. A good friend is coding up some new features, bug fixes and tweaks. And I have been battling BSP holes and the like for a better mod.
DDentonas
UNATCO

Post by DDentonas »

Here you go!

Also i'm afraid that slightly better will not cut it. He has dispatched a whole platoon one time with a pocket knife you know! :smile:
YK: And you... you... are a bad actress.
(unknown sound)
MC: And you have one less finger...