Majestic 12 Mission - Miguel turns hostile

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Baldur
Thug

Majestic 12 Mission - Miguel turns hostile

Post by Baldur »

In the Mission to escape MJ12 facility and reach UNATCO HQ including the side quest to rescue Miguel.

After reaching UNATCO HQ and to the point where a troop near the Wahroom close to Medical Facility suddenly comes out and shoots JC while Miguel suddenly pops out a knife and kills JC from the back.

What's wrong with him? :shock: Is this a reaction of Miguel out of fear or just a cheap stuff to side with UNATCO and surrender???

Whenever the troops shoot JC and if the bullets hit Miguel or even JC is hurt in the line of fire, Miguel instantly kills JC with the knife. But, for what reason and why he kills JC rather run away (just like every enemy in the game when hurt too much)??

Also, never noticed 200 skill points being added after rescuing him to the point where he delivers the dialogue "...Good luck JC.."
bobby 55
Illuminati

Re: Majestic 12 Mission - Miguel turns hostile

Post by bobby 55 »

Heh, that's never happened to me as I usually tell him "wait here" in that hallway just before talking to Jaime Reyes. I leave him there until I clean out the floors before getting to the door Jacobsen gives you the key for. I guess he turns hostile to everything once he's injured, a glitchy event trigger perhaps. Someone a bit more knowledgeable with the game's mechanics might have a better clue.

As it happens I'm playing a new mod for Deus Ex now so when I get to that part I'll try to replicate your event... for science. :)
Last edited by bobby 55 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Baldur
Thug

Post by Baldur »

bobby 55 wrote:Heh, that's never happened to me as I usually tell him "wait here" in that hallway just before talking to Jamie Raynes.
Well I did the same throughout MJ12 but in UNATCO the first encounter with the troops turns Miguel hostile. Initially thought was killed by the troop but after repeated reloads it was Miguel (god knows for what reason!!) he just slices JC with a knife as soon the hell breaks loose in UNATCO.

In the end let him .."Wait HERE" and after clearing the HQ went back and rescued him to the point where he safely makes a break for it.

Seriously he deserves to die at the facility after this incident.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Baldur wrote:
Seriously he deserves to die at the facility after this incident.
Hahaha! Or be charged with gross insubordination at the very least. :P
G-Flex
Silhouette

Post by G-Flex »

I'll look into this. My planned changes for my mod might fix this anyway, but hey, another data point for an NPC turning hostile when they shouldn't is always helpful!
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

Well I did the same throughout MJ12 but in UNATCO the first encounter with the troops turns Miguel hostile. Initially thought was killed by the troop but after repeated reloads it was Miguel (god knows for what reason!!) he just slices JC with a knife as soon the hell breaks loose in UNATCO.
Hmm, that is odd, on my last playthrough as I always do, I always say "wait here" in the hallway just before taking out the UNATCO Troop and talking to Jaime Reyes and take out the other troops and then come back for him. However in this time (and a few other times) I forgot to take out a few troops before I told Miguel to "stay close" and I feared he'd die getting shot by the troops I didn't take out, so when Miguel was chasing and getting shot at by each troop I didn't kill, I just shot and killed them, right beside Miguel, and he didn't turn hostile to me, never has in any playthrough.
My nature videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/DynamixWarePro
My whistle/flute videos (and some other videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/DXMorpheus
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

I just did the map in question. We were attacked and Miguel attacked the MJ12 dude not JC. Unfortunately for Miguel this is Give me Deus Ex and the MJ12 guy was firing tranq darts. Miguel didn't respond to JC's attempt to revive him so he was left behind. :lol:
Baldur
Thug

Post by Baldur »

bobby 55 wrote:I just did the map in question. We were attacked and Miguel attacked the MJ12 dude not JC. Unfortunately for Miguel this is Give me Deus Ex and the MJ12 guy was firing tranq darts. Miguel didn't respond to JC's attempt to revive him so he was left behind. :lol:
The problem is the margin of time when death occurs is very unclear. Whether JC was shot or stabbed. In repeated reloads, Miguel was standing JC's back while JC and the Troop are engaged in shootout.
Sorry if it's a mistake on my part but Miguel removed knife and went for a kill animation and I felt that was the reason for instant death. :smile:
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

No, it happened to me the other day too. Little bastard just kept backstabbing me for no apparent reason whatsoever.
I just didnt say anything because it's not worth saving the asshole anyway.