Free kitchen sink designs from Nigeria

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Re: GMDX- Final

Post by Cybernetic pig »

DDentonas wrote: Also I may do an online playthrough. Well more of a speed run actually :p Not a planned speed run, because those suck. I will just play through as fast as I feel like!
I'd like that.
Well I played it, and still found HR one of the best augs of the game. Turns every repair bot into a Health bot. Not saying you should change it. Just reminding you of the idea in case you like it better than the last time!
Indeed it is, but have you also tried the rival aug Energy shield? It can be argued that it is just as good. Honestly, it is insanely good.
DDentonas
UNATCO

Re: Free kitchen sink designs from Nigeria

Post by DDentonas »

Hey man. Just came up with an idea. I was playing DX: Health Regeneration (Directors cut) and, well. The boss fights are kinda good. And it got me thinking about the original DX boss battles. Think it can be the next thing you tackle with your mod?
YK: And you... you... are a bad actress.
(unknown sound)
MC: And you have one less finger...
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Perhaps. No matter what I'll leave the ability to run away or speak the kill phrase, but more could be done to make them more formidable to those that actually want to kill them. I have increased their health and other stat tweaks but the standard universal AI combat behaviour remains. Thanks for the suggestion, I will get coding some minor stuff.
DDentonas
UNATCO

Post by DDentonas »

What about a way for stealth players to take them down? (Like hacking turrets... but that would make anyone who is advanced in computers or knows all the passwords (like me) slightly overpowered) But then again DX is DX. It is the best game ever made. The killphrase may be enough. Well anyway, I just wanted to say that I really liked HR boss battles and you seem like the kinda guy who might be able to pull it off in the original.
YK: And you... you... are a bad actress.
(unknown sound)
MC: And you have one less finger...
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Yeah the killphrase may be enough. That said, a stealth player can still take down the "bosses" with sneaky methods, just not non-lethal. I cannot do anything about the immunity to non-lethal damage because it is bound by the plot.