Free kitchen sink designs from Nigeria

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Re: GMDX Mode- v2.1 Release

Post by Cybernetic pig »

v2.2 released. Check OP or previous page or here
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

GMDXv3 Beta released not that anybody is interested. Features that optional save system I was ranting about: http://www.moddb.com/mods/httpwwwmoddbc ... /downloads

Give it a try if you want to see how these games should really be played. Only true design Issue I ever had with them was the quicksave/control time keys that completely failed to enforce challenge & the consequence in choice and consequence.
hiperborejai
Mole Person

Post by hiperborejai »

Just wanted to say thank you for your work, it is much appreciated! =D>

p.s. in http://www.moddb.com/mods/httpwwwmoddbc ... /downloads there is only v3 beta for download, did you remove the 2.2 version?
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

hiperborejai wrote:Just wanted to say thank you for your work, it is much appreciated! =D>

p.s. in http://www.moddb.com/mods/httpwwwmoddbc ... /downloads there is only v3 beta for download, did you remove the 2.2 version?
Yes. It's now redundant. I have a backup just in case, why'd you ask?

Btw there is an issue with the map transition autosave if you are playing hardcore mode, I'll update the beta download tonight so hardcore mode playtesters can continue.
If you already have GMDX installed you only will need the DX.u file.

Only the Hardcore mode itself is in testing. If you play on realistic it's the same as v2.2 though with a couple of map changes, (things I left out that release that I intended to fix).
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Re: GMDX- v3 Beta- Hardcore Mode

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Attention playtesters: Autosave bug fixed.

Moddb page updated to include it.

Link for the specific file only for current playtesters: http://www.mediafire.com/?3tw7vcrrr69cjew
Place the file into DeusEx\HDTP\System
G-Flex
Silhouette

Post by G-Flex »

Out of curiosity, which autosave bug is fixed? I remember there being a reproducible crash with the autosave system I tried shoehorning into Human Renovation, but I'm not sure if that's the one you mean.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

G-Flex wrote:Out of curiosity, which autosave bug is fixed? I remember there being a reproducible crash with the autosave system I tried shoehorning into Human Renovation, but I'm not sure if that's the one you mean.
Nah it's not that one but cheers for the reminder. I've tried reproducing it but it was a no show for me. We'll see.
And yeah it's the mission script autosave taken from DeusExv2, When beta is all done I'll be sure to credit Lork for that in the readme.
DDentonas
UNATCO

Post by DDentonas »

And hey, where are the invisible enemies, that are much harder to see than the vanilla invisibility, with their enhanced AI of not shooting you while you look at them, so they don't give away their positions?
YK: And you... you... are a bad actress.
(unknown sound)
MC: And you have one less finger...
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

I'll add them. Simple as copy n pasting a class with a difference to one property hopefully. Dont think I'll be adding this tho:
DDentonas wrote:with their enhanced AI of not shooting you while you look at them, so they don't give away their positions?
I'll just give them mini xbow. No muzzle flash + the screen blur would really fuck with a player :twisted:
DDentonas
UNATCO

Post by DDentonas »

Simple and effective! I like it. But doesn't the ADS stop bolts?

Also to make the game harder, how about, in addition to the standar energy cost, you add another energy cost to augmentations based on how much damage they save (for enviro protection and ballistics armor) or the amount of projectiles stopped (for ads) or for every swing with the strength on.

This makes the game so much more multitask intensive and awesome.

I have some more requests if you'd like to hear them.

There is a description in game that says, if you take damage to the head, your vision is blurred. This does not happen. Can you do something about it? Also it says that if you take damage to the torso you'll slow down. It is not noticeable. In fact I think that the guy who did the speed run didn't even care about taking damage to the torso, while he restarted every time he took damage to the knees.

Second is, can you make it so I can keymap they automatic use of a medkit/biocell? Like map the mouse button 4 to the medkits, and every time I use it, I'm using a medkit without having to take it out!
(unknown sound)
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

DDentonas wrote: I have some more requests if you'd like to hear them.
Go on and on. Give me all you've got. You always put forth a good suggestion every now and then ;)

Unfortunately I didnt like any of these ones this time.

1. Maybe more work needs to be done for AUGs, we'll see/

2. Meh. you already get a slight screen flash of red when you take damage. A headshot to player is often instant death or near death, I think that is enough.

3. Hmm, actually, maybe to this one. It's not automatic, just a shortcut/hotkey. Will think about it. Probably not though. I was thinking about an additional regen aug nerf tho: make it lower bioelectric energy capacity by 20% if you install. Would certainly make Energy shield more appealing.

And this would be consistent with DX lore:
CONVERSATION: JAIME REYES & WALTON SIMONS

JAIME REYES
What kind of pain?

WALTON SIMONS
Behind the eyes. A sharp burning. Almost electrical.

JAIME REYES
How's your bioelectric level?

WALTON SIMONS
It's always at a hundred percent. I like to stay prepared.

JAIME REYES
That's probably it right there. Free radicals. You should charge your systems
only when they've been significantly drained.

WALTON SIMONS
I wasn't informed of that.

JAIME REYES
It's a lot like an electric razor. If you leave it plugged in all the time, the
battery loses its zero point. Just watch your levels.

WALTON SIMONS
Interesting. Thanks, Doctor.

JAIME REYES
Let me know how it goes.
Regen damages your capacity in some way as a consequence of it being so fucking OP and often used. ;)
DDentonas
UNATCO

Post by DDentonas »

Cybernetic pig wrote: 3. Hmm, actually, maybe to this one. It's not automatic, just a shortcut/hotkey. Will think about it. Probably not though. I was thinking about an additional regen aug nerf tho: make it lower bioelectric energy capacity by 20% if you install. Would certainly make Energy shield more appealing.
That seems a bit.... drastic :lol:
(unknown sound)
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

yep. But it would present a tough choice: regen or shield. it's only 20%...I dunno, something to consider.

You playing hardcore mode? How you finding it?
DDentonas
UNATCO

Post by DDentonas »

Not yet and I don't think I will play all of it! I'll just get past that one very hard bit and quit! I'll be waiting for GMDX v10 or something before I do another full test run!
(unknown sound)
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

DDentonas wrote:Not yet and I don't think I will play all of it! I'll just get past that one very hard bit and quit! I'll be waiting for GMDX v10 or something before I do another full test run!
v4 is likely as high as I'll go, we'll see.

But yeah, don't blame you for not wanting to play again right after.
Hardcore mode makes a huge difference though. True choice and consequence, true challenge.
Also the BS you discovered is all fixed now thanks to your feedback ;)