Free kitchen sink designs from Nigeria

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

AdamJensen
NSF

Re: GMDX Mode- v2.1 Release

Post by AdamJensen »

Completed my first playthrough and I liked the mod. Even DX was easy for me at realistic difficulty, but this mod makes the game harder.

I am sure Cyber has put his experience of other games to make this mod.

The level design of Silo is good, and I am looking forward to the ADS attachment.

I liked how Cyber put many big spider bots in the Ocean Lab UC, added many crates, which made the player force to upgrade their skills and augmentations.

The mod is like “scavenge” for ammo, equipment, and stuff, but I ended up with 7,000+ credits when I reached Hong Kong, because every ATM has one, two, or three accounts and a lot of money!

In addition, I would like to tell you to add the nanokeys you have removed, because this makes the game almost unfair!

Moreover, I got like 20 multitools, but 3-5 lockpicks until I reached Paris, so you have to add some more lockpicks in the mod!

I have sent you some coding stuff from some 2001 archives (new main menu, weapon mods, adjustable scope, etc.) so do not forget to check that out!

You can kill Simon with just one GEP rocket.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Sergeant Rex Power Colt. Mk. IV Cyber Commando wrote: The mod is like “scavenge” for ammo, equipment, and stuff, but I ended up with 7,000+ credits when I reached Hong Kong, because every ATM has one, two, or three accounts and a lot of money!
Yeah, I need to make some adjustments there.
In addition, I would like to tell you to add the nanokeys you have removed, because this makes the game almost unfair!
Which ones? There are only 2 removed IIRC. Osgood and Sons, which leaves you the options to blow the door, pick it, climb through the window or have the NSF charge through it, breaking it like a raging bull. (cannot remember if I fixed this, think I did).
ANd the one at everetts, which if you pickup first, you can explore all of Everrets on a key trail. Instead I made it so you have to pick/tool one of the doors, then you get the key to the other.
Moreover, I got like 20 multitools, but 3-5 lockpicks until I reached Paris, so you have to add some more lockpicks in the mod!
1. What pick/tech skill levels did you have.

2. Were you just abusing code knowledge like DDentonas?
I have sent you some coding stuff from some 2001 archives (new main menu, weapon mods, adjustable scope, etc.) so do not forget to check that out!
Thanks.
Last edited by Cybernetic pig on Tue May 14, 2013 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
AdamJensen
NSF

Post by AdamJensen »

Cybernetic pig wrote:
Which ones? There are only 2 removed IIRC. Osgood and Sons, which leaves you the options to blow the door, pick it, climb through the window or have the NSF charge through it, breaking it like a raging bull. (cannot remember if I fixed this, think I did).
ANd the one at everetts, which if you pickup first, you can explore all of Everrets on a key trail. Instead I made it so you have to pick/tool one of the doors, then you get the key to the other.
Yep, I want those back!

1. What pick/tech skill levels did you have.
Electronics and Lockpicking = Trained.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

There isn't much use for credits in DX, I really want to add the ammo vending machines from TNM to GMDX, but they wouldn't be suitable.
AdamJensen
NSF

Post by AdamJensen »

I have got two shop menus from DeusExGaming (2003) archives:

http://www.mediafire.com/?4usw2ait454fq79
http://www.mediafire.com/?99rgsxvs9t6hcor
DDentonas
UNATCO

Post by DDentonas »

Cybernetic pig wrote:
DDentonas wrote: Of course I could kill them if I tried, but again, why are they harder then Walton Simons?
MiB are about as tough as simons arent they? Around the same health, Simons has speed enhancement by default, and cloak, and ADS.
Well I suppose with this bug they are harder.
ADS was activated? Are you sure? I reloaded some times just to kill him again and again with different weapons and I didn't notice the ADS when I shot him with the 20mm round. Maybe I should test that again.

And yes the (bugged) MiBs are much harder to kill. Simons died from half a clip to the face.
Cybernetic pig wrote:There isn't much use for credits in DX, I really want to add the ammo vending machines from TNM to GMDX, but they wouldn't be suitable.
Have sodas and candy bars heal more health when the medical skill is upgraded. That will make us buy them from the vending machine? :mrgreen:

Also had 20 lockpicks. Code abusing was no part of it. It's just that I didn't feel like using them.
YK: And you... you... are a bad actress.
(unknown sound)
MC: And you have one less finger...
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

AdamJensen wrote:
Yep, I want those back!
Removed to give Tech/Lockpicking skill more weight.
DDentonas wrote: Also had 20 lockpicks. Code abusing was no part of it. It's just that I didn't feel like using them.
I guess it was too easy then if you didn't even feel it necessary to loot some containers that untrained would allow.

How about this:

-Even Lower ammo amount found per pickup.

-Have regen/energy Shield aug found later in the game.

-Additional enemies in appropriate places.

-Even more locked/Bypass-able containers (that have no key, code, or computer network connected to open).

-MJ12 Commando Double health (they didn't have double health).

-Optional save system If my partner ever gets around to finishing it.

-Throwing grenades is unpredictable without Demolition skill (DDL's code).

-Improved security cameras.

Along with some fixes & suggestions you & AJ mentioned.
AdamJensen
NSF

Post by AdamJensen »

CyberP wrote: -Even Lower ammo amount found per pickup.
I agree.
-Additional enemies in appropriate places.
Yeah, that would be better.
-Even more locked/Bypass-able containers (that have no key, code, or computer network connected to open).
Nope.avi
-MJ12 Commando Double health (they didn't have double health).

Yeah, they can be easily killed with a sidearm, so double their health.
-Optional save system If my partner ever gets around to finishing it.
What would it be like? Autosave after every level or at some certain areas in one map?

Did you download the shop menus I showed two posts above?
DDentonas
UNATCO

Post by DDentonas »

Cybernetic pig wrote:
DDentonas wrote: Also had 20 lockpicks. Code abusing was no part of it. It's just that I didn't feel like using them.
I guess it was too easy then if you didn't even feel it necessary to loot some containers that untrained would allow.

How about this:

-Even Lower ammo amount found per pickup. The problem with doing this is that it would discourage players from killing enemies. That is what happened when the Mj12 elites didn't give me ammo. I was tempted to ignore them (but I didn't because I wanted a kill everone game :mrgreen: But Deus Ex is not about killing enemies, so it isn't a problem. Another problem is realism. Why would an enemy that has a gun, has no bullets?

-Have regen/energy Shield aug found later in the game. Also the debuff of the Health Regen that we talked about before? Energy shield is useless because ADS stops plasma.

-Additional enemies in appropriate places. Yes! Also throw more robots and turrets in the mix!

-Even more locked/Bypass-able containers (that have no key, code, or computer network connected to open). If the game does not become extremely harder, I will still not open them!

-MJ12 Commando Double health (they didn't have double health). Sure, just make sure they aren't bugged.

-Optional save system If my partner ever gets around to finishing it. Meh. I don't share your views on save scumming.

-Throwing grenades is unpredictable without Demolition skill (DDL's code). Nice.

-Improved security cameras. Very nice.

Along with some fixes & suggestions you & AJ mentioned. Don't forget enemies noticing bodies and listening to the sound of bodies falling. I thing my playthrough would be that much harder if that happened. Most of the time I could pick them up one by one because of that!
(unknown sound)
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

AJ wrote: -Even more locked/Bypass-able containers (that have no key, code, or computer network connected to open).
Nope.avi

Your reasoning?
What would it be like? Autosave after every level or at some certain areas in one map?
Both
Did you download the shop menus I showed two posts above?
No. I will keep them in mind, but I ideally need help. Someone with unreal script knowledge
DDentonas wrote: Another problem is realism. Why would an enemy that has a gun, has no bullets?
Realism isn't really a problem in this instance. Every ammo pickup gives a certain amount. I was just thinking of lowering ammo found for pistol ammo (not on dead body) give four instead of six for example. I have already done this for some other guns where ammo was far too common.
Energy shield is useless because ADS stops plasma.
Trust me, I've played with the improved Energy Shield, it's far from useless, but Regen ADS combo is likely far better.
If the game does not become extremely harder, I will still not open them!
Well, fixing that health bug will make the game easier :D Still needs to be done though.
Meh. I don't share your views on save scumming
Maybe I need to work on my persuasion techniques.

Save points enforce challenge & the consequences of choices:

-Removes the ability to refill oxygen meter (if you save the game underwater then reload you will get full 02 meter back, AJ found this one).
-Removes the ability to save scum lockpicks and tools and instead accept the consequences of your choices (for everything in general).
-removes the ability to save before attemting to disarm a proximity mine.
-removes the ability to exhaust all conversation options to see the rewards/results and then choose the best one.
-Removes the ability to overcome any challenge by saving after every action you are satisfied with (damage dealt to an enemy whilst not receiving any yourself for example, or saving after every stealth kill without anybody else spotting you).
-Makes every encounter more intense and every victory more satisfying.

Here is how I want it to work at Airfield_Helibase: Enter map. Map transition autosave. Halfway through the map (place after two patrolling bots) is another (visible this time) autosave point. Finish the map to reach the next autosave point. These should be 5-10 mins apart depending on the player.
Places like hubs will be different (Permanent visible save points), and more open maps than the Airfield_Helibase will have more savepoints.

And here an idea of what a save point will look like (Not final version):

It has an animated texture also.

It may be a little immersion killing, but is it anymore so than opening the menu, clicking save, choosing the slot, recieving the saving msgs etc.
Even if it is immersion killing it's

a) entirely optional. They wont appear if you don't choose the extra difficulty mode that has them, &
b) The benefits far outweigh the negatives, in my opinion.

This is all I'll possibly sacrifice a bit of immersion for. I want the ammo vending machines too but that might be pushing it, but AJ's recommended shop interfaces may come in handy for other methods.
Last edited by Cybernetic pig on Wed May 15, 2013 3:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.
AdamJensen
NSF

Post by AdamJensen »

Cybernetic pig wrote: Your reasoning?
You have already removed two nanokeys, and earlier you said that you would not remove the developers original writing.

Would not that create a problem, because there are datacubes for codes? :(

Never mind, I will see what it will be like...

By the way, that image of save point checkpoint looks good. :)
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

AdamJensen wrote: You have already removed two nanokeys, and earlier you said that you would not remove the developers original writing.
What, the words "Osgood & Sons key found"?
Would not that create a problem, because there are datacubes for codes? :(

No, there are already some locks/electronic devices in the game that can only be bypassed with multitools/lockpicks/explosives.
Adding more will only give those skills more weight.

By the way, that image of save point checkpoint looks good. :)
:)
DDentonas
UNATCO

Post by DDentonas »

Cybernetic pig wrote: It may be a little immersion killing, but is it anymore so than opening the menu, clicking save, choosing the slot, recieving the saving msgs etc.

Or you can just quick save and not get any of that.
(unknown sound)
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

True...still worth it though.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

A lack of interest in this mod, huh... Doesn't help there has been a nasty bug, almost game-breaking. Well no longer!

GMDX v2.2 released: http://www.moddb.com/mods/httpwwwmoddbc ... s/gmdx-v22

It is advised that you follow the installation guide on Moddb GMDX summary page and follow it to the latter.

To those in a playthrough in progress: If you grab this update your game save may corrupt and you would have to start a new game. Install at your own risk.

v2.2 changelog

==============

Code new features:

Med bots & repair bots now only heal two times before running out of power.
Decide when to heal/charge wisely.

Security cameras now spot dead bodies and have increased view range.

=========================================================================

Code bug fixes:

MJ12 elite & MiB Mk.II health bug fixed
Grenade carry limit restored and vendor inventory bug fixed

=========================================================================

code value alterations:

MJ12 Commando double health
lowered MJ12 commando close range damage multiplier
Lowered MJ12 commando machine gun hit dmg from 15 to 10
Slightly lowered Tranq dart & 10mm pickup ammo amount
Ballistic Aug protection levels: 20%, 30%, 40% 50%
slightly increased heavy weapons skill requirement
Swimming skill improvement curve and starting value lowered.
Walton simons health increased.
Baton damage raised so can K.O MJ12 Elite at higher low-tech skill levels.
Environ Skill does not raise Ballistic vest damage protection to 87.90% anymore
instead it stays at 50% but it's charge is increased so it lasts longer

=============================================================================

Map fixes and alterations:

Unatco island:

restored holding cell turret.
Minor AI alterations.
Halved GMDX bonus.

Unatco HQ_01:

Added UNATCO agent in break room to react to player blowing up cabinet.
Updated Alex's tech.

Battery Park_02:

Minor AI alterations.
Lock strength alterations.

HK helibase:

Fixed gas release event (vanilla/goty bug)
Fixed door not opening for pawn.
added spiderbot to protect the gas release keypad.

Unatco HQ_03:

Updated Alex's tech

Unatco HQ_04:

Updated Alex's tech.

Hotel_04:

Removed 7 Unatco troops home tag, they will put up a fight..

Unatco HQ_05:

Updated Alex's tech.

HK Market & Underworld:

Restored two pawns inventory (credits).

HK_storage:

Fixed music (for good this time!)
Changed codes to aug suspension to prevent cheating.
added ten second delay to "shocker" doors opening.

NYC street & Hotel_08:

More cops added to hotel
Unatco troops silenced so no manderly related barks/refering to him as alive.

Paris club:

Removed MiB from club
set majority of clubbers to flee the premises if player causes trouble
added extra security
minor alterations for realism.

Metro:

Added closed gift shop.

Everret: Aug canister removed

Minor Misc.changes not mentioned.
Last edited by Cybernetic pig on Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:45 am, edited 3 times in total.