Free kitchen sink designs from Nigeria

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

DDentonas
UNATCO

Re: GMDX- v3 Beta- Hardcore Mode

Post by DDentonas »

You're welcome! Did you add MOAR enemies and robots? That was why the ocean lab was my favorite level!

Also give me a deadline about the stuff you told me to do!
YK: And you... you... are a bad actress.
(unknown sound)
MC: And you have one less finger...
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

DDentonas wrote:You're welcome! Did you add MOAR enemies and robots? That was why the ocean lab was my favorite level!

Also give me a deadline about the stuff you told me to do!
Not MOAR, but more, in appropriate places. May get some more turrets in places to give more importance to alarms and cameras.

I'll give you more details on the cubes and mail soon, tomorrow hopefully.
DDentonas
UNATCO

Post by DDentonas »

Couldn't start the Hardcore mode. When I pressed it, I got back to the main menu. Yes I double checked my installation!
(unknown sound)
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

You must not have the correct DeusEx.u. Place it into DeusEx\HDTP\System.

Make sure the paths are correct in the DeusEx.ini file, or if you are using Kenties launcher check the boxes in "data directories".
DDentonas
UNATCO

Post by DDentonas »

I replaced everything (in the correct folders) with the stuff from your mod! Also I tried to start a game in another difficulty, and the first mission doesn't load.
(unknown sound)
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Does the intro load? Try the new option in the main menu game options to toggle the intro load, could be something to do with that.
Can I have your log please? PM me.
DDentonas
UNATCO

Post by DDentonas »

Hardcore makes it a bit harder than the last time, but the good kind of hard. Of course that didn't stop me from mauling the NSF who guarded Gunther. Of course I lost (after I finished looting them) half a clip and 1 medkit, but it was worth it!

I would like a save point inside Gunthers prison, but whatever.

Something that bothered me was that enemies could see me from a great distance, while I was crawling in shadows.
(unknown sound)
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

DDentonas wrote:Hardcore makes it a bit harder than the last time, but the good kind of hard. Of course that didn't stop me from mauling the NSF who guarded Gunther. Of course I lost (after I finished looting them) half a clip and 1 medkit, but it was worth it!
Glad you enjoy it! Now you see why I hate the save scumming, but we didn't take the option away, there is still the other difficulty modes.
I would like a save point inside Gunthers prison, but whatever.
I thought about it...There is one just up the stairs though.
Something that bothered me was that enemies could see me from a great distance, while I was crawling in shadows.
Meh, may have to lower checkEnemyPresence thingy some.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Teaser: v3.1 Changelog since v3 so far:

Major New Features:

-Microfibral Muscle now functions in a similar manner to IW and HR. Choice to drop or throw. Improved throwing distance per aug level. Deal damage to enemies by throwing objects at them. Damage also improves with aug level & depends on object thrown + where it hit (arms, head etc). Careful not to hit yourself with something though (bounce a crate off a wall onto your own head :p).
-Medskill improvement #2: using Medkits at advanced and master level whilst poisoned nullifies the effect.
-More detailed inventory item descriptions.
-Plasma Rifle, Gep Gun and flamethrower are affected by range weapon mods now. (the projectile speed is increased for Gep and Plasma, range increased for Flamethrower). (credit: G-flex).
-Double click to pick up a corpse. Vanilla you could not pickup corpses till you had taken their inventories. This bypasses that.

Minor New Features & alterations:

-Projectiles hitting walls gives off a smoke effect (useful to see bullet spread & just a nice visual effect).
-Lowered all NPC's view range by roughly 15%
-Killing an enemy gives off noise, a small radius (body falling to the floor).
-Enemy NPC's reload speed increased.
-Increased the translucency of carried boxes so you can see through them much better.
-Lowered the impact sound radius projectiles give off when hitting something be it wall or NPC.
-Scope toggle is no longer linked to rate of fire and doesn't automatically zoom back in after a reload.
-AutoTurrets range significantly increased.
-Increased the proximity radius for mines by 1 foot.
-Security Cameras sound radius slightly higher, Hackstrength hardcoded at 0.1.
-Environmental training Skill additions restored: Upgrade to stack suits in inventory.
-Microfibral Muscle and Combat Strength are now passive.
-Added option to main menu game options to skip new game intro.
-Removed unique weapon "scoped assault gun". Instead player can attach scope to standard assault gun.
-Demolition skill costs slightly lowered.
-Crowbar now does 15 damage
-Baton 12 damage
-Combat Knife 10 damage

Code Bugfixes:

-Fixed HDTP MilBot walksound/shake bug and also the Chinese variant skin.
-Fixed Paul not appearing at Ton Hotel bug (credit: Yuki of Shifter)

---------------------------
Hardcore mode changes:

-Extra measures to ensure players cannot use console commands/cheats.
-Added a couple more savepoints.
-Cycles through 10 save slots.
-Weapon Auto Reload Disabled and cannot be toggled to true.

---------------------------

Map changes/Fixes:

-Paris map no longer Glitches out :/
-UNATCO HQ (All) minor changes.
-Reduced # of credits from some ATMs.
-Liberty Island 2nd medbot storage has medkit & biocell instead.
-Mole people slight alteration of AI.
-New GMDX title screen.
-Airfield Helibase minor alterations. Extra save point.
-Airfield minor alterations. Extra save point.
-NSF HQ minor changes.
-UNATCO MJ12 Lab changed location of save point. Gave dogs GMDX default speed. Added couple of surprises. Fixed Karkians alliances.
-UNATCO Return added two extra troops, one extra save point, other minor alterations.
-WanChai Garage alterations to Triad War. Police intervene if battle ends up down their end.
-Minor alts to HK Helibase ambush.
-Paris Cathedral map now has awesome Oleg Gelo music.
-Tongs Base now has different music.
YeomanTheCastle
UNATCO

Post by YeomanTheCastle »

Okay, I've managed to get up to Sector 4 in Area 51 on Hardcore, but now I'm going to need a little bit of assistance. The mod's put up a massive challenge up to this point, but now it's become almost impossible for me due to a number of things.

1. Grays are tough. Like, way too tough in my opinion. You'd literally have to empty 3 or 4 clips of Assault Rifle ammo to take the bastards down. Pistols on Advanced level only take away 3% of their health judging by Targeting aug info.

2. The turrets surrounding Bob page deal a huge amount of damage, and attack before you even talk to him. If you try to get from point A to point B without the speed aug or the ballistic aug you will die. If your lucky, with a level 4 ballistic aug and a level 2 speed aug, you can probably get around without dying, albeit with a couple of large hole's in poor Denton's body. Either way, it doesn't seem possible to get by them without the turrets taking away a large chunk of your health. I have no EMP grenades, no 20mm ammo, LAMs don't do a thing due to the turrets being a few metres off the ground and using Sabot rounds is completely out of the question. I have been completely unable to progress beyond that floor due to them.

3. I suck.

HELP ME.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Double Post. :?
Last edited by Cybernetic pig on Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

-Do you have microfibral muscle? You can throw something explosive at them if so, though hopefully without getting shot before you throw.
-Do you have radar transparency?
-Ballistic Vest? These can be combined with Ballistic protection for greater effect.
-Thermoptic camo?
-Spy drone?
-Sniper rifle at master destroys turrets.
-Backtrack for the various GEP guns.
-Build a staircase with crates and hack them with multitools or place a LAM if you have the means to turn invisible giving you time to build.
-Load a previous save before you spent 20mm ammo.
-Sabot should be an option. Find a location where the turrets have to turn and face you before they can open fire, giving you time to pop in and out of cover shooting them accurately with lean (leaning movement doesn't effect accuracy).
-Use speed enhancement and ballistic protection, jump up and attach a LAM next to the turret whilst in mid-air. Once placed get to a vantage point and shoot the LAM. This tactic (Placing LAMs Mid Air) may not be possible, not sure. LAM climbers would know.
-Avoid that area altogether. I'm pretty sure one of the endings does not require you to enter that area.
-The Chinese Sword with a high combination of melee skill, combat strength & even Targeting (if need be) can destroy turrets. Probably throwing knives too.

Regarding the Greys: possibly. The toughest of all is the player, especially with the ability to just run, sneak or cloak past them, or even block pathways with unbreakable crates for example.
Last edited by Cybernetic pig on Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YeomanTheCastle
UNATCO

Post by YeomanTheCastle »

I love you.
Cybernetic pig wrote:-Do you have microfibral muscle? You can throw something explosive at them if so, though hopefully without getting shot before you throw.
I do, trouble is finding some boom boxes or boom barrels but I could probably back track for some.
-Do you have radar transparency?
No, sacrificed that for cloak instead.
-Ballistic Vest? These can be combined with Ballistic protection for greater effect.
Nope, don't have any. Will have to back track to see if I've missed any.
-Thermoptic camo?
Nope.
And here's me thinking it would be useless against turrets. I've got rifles on advanced and I can combine that with targeting.
-Backtrack for the various GEP guns.
I've used all of them if memory serves me.
-Build a staircase with crates and hack them with multitools or place a LAM if you have the means to turn invisible giving you time to build.
I'll have a go at this. Probably won't be successful for reasons stated with the Sabot.
-Load a previous save before you spent 20mm ammo.
That's quite a long time away, though.
-Sabot should be an option. Find a location where the turrets have to turn and face you before they can open fire, giving you time to pop in and out of cover shooting them accurately with lean (leaning movement doesn't effect accuracy).
Problem with this is that the turret on the right as you enter shoots at you before you can even see it. I'll be dead long before
-Use speed enhancement and ballistic protection, jump up and attach a LAM next to the turret whilst in mid-air. Once placed get to a vantage point and shoot the LAM. This tactic (Placing LAMs Mid Air) may not be possible, not sure. LAM climbers would know.
Seems feasible, I'll try this as well.
-Avoid that area altogether. I'm pretty sure one of the endings does not require you to enter that area.
By area, do you mean the entire level or Page's little room? I don't see an alternative route and I have to get past it to access the rest of the level for the blue fusion reactors, coolant facilities and the aquinas router.
-The Chinese Sword with a high combination of melee skill, combat strength & even Targeting (if need be) can destroy turrets. Probably throwing knives too.
Using the Dao would involve getting up close and personal and me getting riddled with turret food.
Regarding the Greys: possibly. The toughest of all is the player, especially with the ability to just run, sneak or cloak past them, or even block pathways with unbreakable crates for example.
True, but I still think they have too much health. Having to empty a few assault rife clips to dienate them is a bit much in my opinion, unless they have a weakness that I'm not aware of (plasma, flame, etc).

So yes, the problem with getting up close is that turrets will shoot you before you shoot them and I can't see any way past them but through. I'll try all of this stuff that you've suggested and I'll get back to you.
DDentonas
UNATCO

Post by DDentonas »

YeomanTheCastle wrote: True, but I still think they have too much health. Having to empty a few assault rife clips to dienate them is a bit much in my opinion, unless they have a weakness that I'm not aware of (plasma, flame, etc).
Do me a favor. Activate the targeting aug and see if their health get's bellow 0%.
Nooooo! Much of the awesomeness in my last mission came from the fact that those two turrets you had on A51 entrance couldn't be destroyed by a sniper!
(unknown sound)
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

YeomanTheCastle wrote: And here's me thinking it would be useless against turrets. I've got rifles on advanced and I can combine that with targeting.
That may not work. Targeting is only a 10% damage boost iirc. Sniper at advanced is +25% right? so 30+25%+10%=37.6. Not enough to reach the damage threshold of 50. You need that investment bonus master level gives.
Problem with this is that the turret on the right as you enter shoots at you before you can even see it. I'll be dead long before
http://i1309.photobucket.com/albums/s64 ... 09e0bd.jpg

Here is a vantage point. Crouch behind the yellow thingy and lean out to the right to only engage one of the turrets, which will have to turn before opening fire. Get over there with speed enhancement & ballistic protection.
True, but I still think they have too much health. Having to empty a few assault rife clips to dienate them is a bit much in my opinion, unless they have a weakness that I'm not aware of (plasma, flame, etc).
Their only weaknesses are those stated before. Just sneaking/running past or blocking the way with a medium or large unbreakable
crate. Oh, explosives work well too, especially if direct impact with 20mm LAW, or GEP. If you have Microfibral Muscle at a high level then you can throw all sorts of shit at them too if you are low on ammo.
So yes, the problem with getting up close is that turrets will shoot you before you shoot them and I can't see any way past them but through. I'll try all of this stuff that you've suggested and I'll get back to you.
You can just run past with speed enhancement & Ballistic protection and even regen aug activated, pausing to use medkits if need be.
I love you.
I always knew ;)

Oh, once you detroy the turrets I recommend going back to the loading screen to save. Perhaps I should have gave the final level a save point, but I wanted it to be the final test of the player's abilities.
DDentonas wrote:Do me a favor. Activate the targeting aug and see if their health get's bellow 0%.
Hey agent D, how you been? That was fixed long ago. This is the final version not the buggy beta you had the pleasure of playing ;)
Oh, I should update the thread title.
Nooooo! Much of the awesomeness in my last mission came from the fact that those two turrets you had on A51 entrance couldn't be destroyed by a sniper!
UED here says the default damage threshold of 50 and we left it alone in the .uc. Perhaps the value is overridden somewhere else but I doubt it.
Edit: Oh, maybe you had the custom sniper, which is weaker than the default one.