Game doesn't save

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Morpheus
X-51

Game doesn't save

Post by Morpheus »

I have ran into this problem a number of times. I have GOTY version with 1.112fm patch, HDTP and NV installed. No other mods that modify the game itself like shifter, just mods like Zodiac and HotelCarone and other small mods which wouldn't affect the game in this way.

I noticed at times, I am playing through the game (or mod) and for some reason when I try and save it, it won't save, even when I have no save games in my save folder, but other times it will save. I have not tried a quick save yet but does anyone know why this is and how to fix it so the game always saves?
My nature videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/DynamixWarePro
My whistle/flute videos (and some other videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/DXMorpheus
ggrotz
X-51

Re: Game doesn't save

Post by ggrotz »

My first thought is either the Save Game Path (SavePath under Core.System) that's defined within the main ini is borked so it's a wrong path, there isn't any write permission to the path involved, or there's something to do with some disk space test (can't remember from looking at the source if there is one) which is making it not save.

If it's intermittent (works one time but not another time), you might look into whether there's something stopping the writes (eg anti-virus or viruses, etc) or if there's some other software that's disk-intensive that might be messing things up.
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

Not sure what happened but saving fine now and didn't do anything. I was playing one mod (forget which as I have quite a few installed) a while ago and when I was on one of the maps, it wouldn't save it, but saved on all other maps, so might have been the map itself that somehow prevented it from saving.
My nature videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/DynamixWarePro
My whistle/flute videos (and some other videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/DXMorpheus
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Deus Ex can be weird that way with certain maps. This isn't save related but at Vandenbeg in the foyer area, where outside those two commandos are, walking through there towards those doors is like walking with a heavy weapon on untrained....so slow. It happens nowhere else in the game for me but there. :-s
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
jameseso113
NSF

Post by jameseso113 »

We're quite prepared to look for this incredible website and additionally had experience checking advantageous articles or reviews shared right. All the choices for the journalist was first stunning, regards for those present. pemandu wisata untuk makanan Vietnam
jameseso113
NSF

Post by jameseso113 »

Concerning a short while ago going your site, the information you actually give on this site includes made it simpler for people considerably. With thanks to get your complete time frame & deliver the results. Security Consultant in New York
oggy12
UNATCO

Post by oggy12 »

I’m influenced using the surpassing as well as preachy itemizing that you simply provide such small timing. Online Türkei Visum für chinesische Staatsbürger
jameseso113
NSF

Post by jameseso113 »

Thanks for picking out the time to discuss this, I feel great about it and love studying more on this topic. It is extremely helpful for me. Thanks for such a valuable help again. Air-Duct-Cleaning twitter
zirdukukko
UNATCO

Post by zirdukukko »

Excellent website! I adore how it is easy on my eyes it is. I am questioning how I might be notified whenever a new post has been made. Looking for more new updates. Have a great day! Service Company
zirdukukko
UNATCO

Post by zirdukukko »

I am very enjoyed for this blog. Its an informative topic. It help me very much to solve some problems. Its opportunity are so fantastic and working style so speedy. Dryer Vent Cleaning NYC