Deus Ex : Delta ]2[. [release 1] [English]

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

ggrotz
X-51

Re: Deus Ex : Delta ]2[. [release 1] [English]

Post by ggrotz »

DDL wrote: The method for handling greasel poison seems to be "basically, don't get hit by greasel poison".
One tip for this mod is that you have to look for environmental suits. Good thing about them is that they're always on and don't use energy unless you get hit, so as long as you don't fuck up too much or can't find certain items (like it getting dark and having to throw flares everywhere later - pretty much sucks if you can't find them).
DDL wrote:Tis a tad surprising you're getting HDTPanim requests, if this mod requires its own deusex.u in the first place.
I started out running it vanilla, which netted the messages. They disappear when I enable the HDTP option in my launcher.
I did catch a bug while I was doing this, though, so I guess there'll be a 1.06 soon and I'll probably leave the settings for this mod in my INI file when I do that one.

Edit: Just did a second run, it went very smoothly, now that I know what to do. 42 minutes for a little wandering around and distraction. Probably could take 10 minutes or so off of it. To be sure, finding the environmental suit is possible before you run across those greasels, so they become very easy otherwise. Also acquired a flamethrower, DTS, and a couple more LAMs this time so I finished with 69 flares.
Andrievskaya Veronika
UNATCO

Post by Andrievskaya Veronika »

Thanks to pointing me to my mistakes. I'll translate untranslated strings today or tomorrow :) And of course, textures too.

One little hint about the greasels on the bridge: don't try to kill them. The pistol has high MomentumTransfer, so you can just clash them into fire (almost like in end of the Terminator 2 movie :) )

I'm using my own installation method for easy installation, and to avoid copying mod's files into Deus Ex directories.
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

Just played a bit of it and can't get passed the greasels. How do you kill them? A couple of things I have noticed so far:

The text on the medbot interface window, a lot of it is too big to fit correctly. Maybe reduce the font size? (have not checked to see if its like this on other windows or interfaces, but could be.
MedBotWIndow.jpg
Also noticed (not sure if its just me) but I was playing and noticed the different key bindings. I changed the "use object in world" key to the enter key (so I could pick up object/items quicker), but when I exit and enter a map, it reverts to having no key assigned to it and have to keep resetting the binding to the enter key (or any key for that matter).
My nature videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/DynamixWarePro
My whistle/flute videos (and some other videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/DXMorpheus
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

Andrievskaya Veronika wrote:Thanks to pointing me to my mistakes. I'll translate untranslated strings today or tomorrow :) And of course, textures too.
I almost started cataloging bugs/mistakes (biggest one off the top of my head in the translations is one of the datacubes is wrong - you have the shotgun in the LEFT tunnel and the karkians in the right, not the opposite as the datacube states) and so on. I might go do that. The biggest ones functionally off the top of my head:

1. You lose the weapon a lot of times (ala Redsun 2020), even during battle (usually my pistol off of a auto-reload). I can not get "throw away current item" to work, even with the key binding so even harder to fix.
2. There's a set of tech goggles I find, which just disappear, which means I can't use them. How do you do that?
3. The other mechanic you find always turns on you at the top of the elevator sometimes with devastating results.

Last run: 21 minutes, 80 flares left over. Still not good speed run quality, but efficient enough.
Morpheus wrote:Just played a bit of it and can't get passed the greasels. How do you kill them?
I gave the hint above. Look for a hazmat suit. Those seem to literally be your life blood in this mod in the absence of augmentation.
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

Or, as veronika points out: boost em off the walkway using the crazy knockback from the pistol. If you're lucky you can get a 1:1 ratio of shots per plummeting greasel.
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

DDL wrote:Or, as veronika points out: boost em off the walkway using the crazy knockback from the pistol. If you're lucky you can get a 1:1 ratio of shots per plummeting greasel.
Yeah, figured it after a couple of tries.

Having more issues with settings. In the Delta/System folder, I tried editing the user.ini to set the FOV to work on 1600x900, then saving it and loading the launch.bat file:

DesiredFOV=91.000000
DefaultFOV=91.000000

But it keeps resetting to

DesiredFOV=75.000000
DefaultFOV=75.000000

As did my keybindings. Anyone know what I am doing wrong or how to fix this so that my settings stay as I set them?

A couple of more issues I ran into:

First, I saved at the door where the mechanic has to open it, before the conversation started. So the conversation didn't start and I had to cheat to open the door

Next, I got tothe top of the elevator after several attempts. The first time I made it to the next map, but got greaseled. So I tried again and when the next map loaded, I was right back at the first map again, but had all my weapons and items.
My whistle/flute videos (and some other videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/DXMorpheus
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

Morpheus wrote: Having more issues with settings. In the Delta/System folder, I tried editing the user.ini to set the FOV to work on 1600x900, then saving it and loading the launch.bat file:

DesiredFOV=91.000000
DefaultFOV=91.000000

But it keeps resetting to

DesiredFOV=75.000000
DefaultFOV=75.000000
Noticed this too. I think the exec is rewriting whatever settings are here back, forcing FOV to 75.

Haven't noticed any other save game problems and my changed key bindings are still in place. But like noted up above, I spent some time cleaning up some files and setting it up to run as a mod off my DX install. So that might be some difference.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

See attached file. What is it? Figured out most of the other Russian labeled items, except this one.
Attachments
What's this?
What's this?
Delta]2[01.jpg (6.77 KiB) Viewed 8874 times
Andrievskaya Veronika
UNATCO

This is explosive ammo.

For now, FOV is locked, because i'm rendering some weapon flashes using RenderOverlays event. Remove the Internal.bin (in Delta][/System/ directory) file and any key bindings should work correctly.
Morpheus wrote:First, I saved at the door where the mechanic has to open it, before the conversation started. So the conversation didn't start and I had to cheat to open the door
There is keypad for this case, no cheats are required :)
Morpheus wrote:So I tried again and when the next map loaded, I was right back at the first map again, but had all my weapons and items.
I'd like to see log file (Delta][/System/D43k.log)

Fixed version will be ready to download soon.
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

For now, FOV is locked, because i'm rendering some weapon flashes using RenderOverlays event. Remove the Internal.bin (in Delta][/System/ directory) file and any key bindings should work correctly.
Ok that is fine about FOV. Will remove the internal.bin
There is keypad for this case, no cheats are required
I found that out, used it on my second attempt and the conversation didn't start either, the mechanic was just standing at the door, not moving.
I'd like to see log file (Delta][/System/D43k.log)
Attached it, but since I have been playing it since this happened, don't know if it will help
D43K.zip
(6.88 KiB) Downloaded 360 times
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

Andrievskaya Veronika wrote:This is explosive ammo.
Okay? How to use it? Or is it not supported yet?
Andrievskaya Veronika
UNATCO

ggrotz wrote: Okay? How to use it? Or is it not supported yet?
Suspicious-looking guy in the Lost City can sell you the weapon that uses these ammo :). For 21600 credits. But as i mentioned earlier, this part not translated yet.

Morpheus, i need the log just after this:
Morpheus wrote: Next, I got tothe top of the elevator after several attempts. The first time I made it to the next map, but got greaseled. So I tried again and when the next map loaded, I was right back at the first map again, but had all my weapons and items.
Little hint for greasels in the elevator shaft: stay in corner of the elevator, and they will not notice you (works almost always)

Yes, and player will have augmentations, at a certain time. Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fw-AmO-HNv4

About too big fonts: edit Delta][/system/User.ini and locate the bRussian variable. Change its value to false, and then you're should see default fonts in the mod.
Andrievskaya Veronika
UNATCO

Sorry for delays. The new version is almost ready. This time i'll include the latest version of the HDTP. Also i increased resolution of some textures, so they are looks better.
Andrievskaya Veronika
UNATCO

Download link

New version is ready.
See first post for details.

Changelog:

* Now Playerclass uses model from MPCharacters.u (thanks to DDL for suggestion)
* Some textures are left with Russian text, now fixed.
* Removed hardcoded bind for ENTER key (now only in User.ini)
* Also translated few texts in datacubes and one conversation.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

Looks better, there's still a few items with the Russian descriptions, but nothing that significantly affects understanding of the plot.

Other than losing the weapon (actually it's due to registering multiple items as "equipped"), the other major problem I noted was that on the menu screens you can trigger them with the left mouse button and use whatever item you happen to have. It seems to mainly be the throwable ones (flares, LAMs, gas grenades, etc). Probably needs fixed, but a warning to the others reading this to not have such things equipped while you're interacting with those.