Slow down!

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

DDentonas
UNATCO

Slow down!

Post by DDentonas »

I'm trying to film some scenes for the upcoming Deus Ex trailer, but JC moves too fast when flying. Is there a cheat command to help me slow him down?

(I tried slowing him down in video editing, but it just wasn't so good.)
YK: And you... you... are a bad actress.
(unknown sound)
MC: And you have one less finger...
SlySpy
UNATCO

Re: Slow down!

Post by SlySpy »

You'll need to enable cheats for this, but if you delete say and type "slomo 0" I believe it slows the entire game down, kind of like bullet time. Slomo 1 is the default speed, and slomo 2 and higher actually makes the game faster.
DDentonas
UNATCO

Post by DDentonas »

Thanks! That was awesome, although i could use something slower than slomo 0

Also do you know how to remove the hud?

Anyone has any ideas about what scenes from the game could be played while the following lines are spoken?
Do you ever ask what it's for? The surveillance, the police, the shoot-on-sight laws? Is that freedom?

The need to be observed and understood was once satisfied by God. Now we can implement the same functionality with data-mining algorithms.

I have seen it since I was a girl, the plotting and scheming of corporations to make Europe into one big country with no separate languages, cultures, or tastes.
(unknown sound)
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

Also do you know how to remove the hud?
This one is easy, in the Keyboard and Mouse key bindings, you can assign keys to toggle HUD options on and off.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
DDentonas
UNATCO

Post by DDentonas »

Wow. That, i did not know. Thanks!
(unknown sound)
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Do you ever ask what it's for? The surveillance, the police, the shoot-on-sight laws? Is that freedom?
The opening cinematic when Page is talking Symons could be the go. There's lots of the elements from that line there.
The need to be observed and understood was once satisfied by God. Now we can implement the same functionality with data-mining algorithms.
What about when JC is talking to Morpheus?
I have seen it since I was a girl, the plotting and scheming of corporations to make Europe into one big country with no separate languages, cultures, or tastes.
Nicolette DuClare and JC when they're at Beth's secret communication room at the estate?
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
AdamJensen
NSF

Post by AdamJensen »

No, that is said by Leo Gold.

Check out some quotes here: http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Deus_Ex
that guy
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by that guy »

I'm fairly sure that the keybindings actually specify the amount of forward velocity to add when you hold w. If you configure that (dont recall which ini its in) you could probably slow yourself down). I think the default was 120. I'm not sure if this dictates your maximum velocity or your acceleration though.
DDentonas
UNATCO

Post by DDentonas »

bobby 55 wrote:
The opening cinematic when Page is talking Symons could be the go. There's lots of the elements from that line there.
What about when JC is talking to Morpheus?
Nicolette DuClare and JC when they're at Beth's secret communication room at the estate?
Only one scene per quote? Also I'm looking for visually impressive stuff (on DX, lol) that are also relevant to the quote.
(unknown sound)
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Mmm, a visually stunning montage to suit the quote. That might be a bit challenging.
Open with the little bot on Liberty Island as it's passing the security camera. Next go to Paris where the police and MJ12 are patrolling the streets. Finally Battery Park showing the NSF and UNATCO guys duking it out.
Perhaps the opening would be the cathedral in Paris (with a commando exiting a side door). Then a shot of the universal constructor in Hong Kong. Finally JC's first meeting with Helios.
Requires further thought.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
DDentonas
UNATCO

Post by DDentonas »

Those are some good ideas! Keep 'em coming!
(unknown sound)
DDentonas
UNATCO

Post by DDentonas »

New problem. How can i force VSync in DX?
(unknown sound)
AdamJensen
NSF

Post by AdamJensen »

Do you use the Kentie's renderer?

If yes, then start the game, delete say and type "Preferences".
Go to Rendering --> Direct3D10 or 11 Renderer -->VSync
DDentonas
UNATCO

Post by DDentonas »

Thank you!
(unknown sound)