Game has low fps when playing with updated opengl renderer

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

rolatis
Thug

Game has low fps when playing with updated opengl renderer

Post by rolatis »

I recently reinstalled Deus Ex because my Deus Ex was acting really weird. After reinstalling and installing Kentie's Launcher and the updated OpenGL renderer, I noticed that my fps had dropped to ~30 fps (which was the lowest it could go from as far as I could see). This was without any installed mods. I remember that before reinstall (when the game was fine), I had New Vision, HDTP, Kentie's Launcher and the new OpenGL renderer file and my fps was absolutely fine, definitely above 60fps in every map.

The OpenGL renderer that I either got from http://www.cwdohnal.com/utglr/ or came with New Vision causes my fps to drop, whereas using the OpenGL renderer that came with the install of Deus Ex is completely fine.

Can anyone help me out?
ggrotz
X-51

Re: Game has low fps when playing with updated opengl render

Post by ggrotz »

I may or may not be able to help you out, but no one probably will be able to help unless you post the settings you have the game under at the moment (specifically OpenGL ones...) Only other thought I can come up with is somehow you ended up with the original OpenGL renderer, which will produce such results when you try throwing graphics at it such as New Vision and HDTP provides.
rolatis
Thug

Re: Game has low fps when playing with updated opengl render

Post by rolatis »

Ive been experimenting with changing different settings and I found the culprit - AA samples. I disabled it and my fps is back to normal. (no idea how this happened since I copied a version of my Deusex.ini before reinstall and just pasted it into my deusex\system folder, backing up the original of course)

I have another question however; my fps seems to be capped at 60 fps. How do I change this? In Kentie's Launcher, I set the fps limit to 100 but it seems that it is still capped at 60.