Can't find package in file

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Re: Can't find package in file

Post by Cybernetic pig »

@Yeoman: That's a shame too, The HK Underworld Map is probably my favourite map mod. Even if the changes aren't that great in numbers for this particular map, they are significantly noticable.

Did you try the GMDX map first after the reinstall or did you try the vanilla map first?

@G-flex: I think so. Battery Park Station & The Warehouse. A lot of work and a lot of maps, so I cannot be certain.
FastGamerr
MJ12

Post by FastGamerr »

bjorn98009_91 wrote: That's strange. You are saying you'll get an error if you use an NV exclusive texture without running NV? Cause I just tried some Revision maps that have NV specific textures without running NV, and all I got was the default bubble texture.
Possibly because the Glass texture is an animated one - it's the "disco light" one where the colors are changing rapidly.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Perhaps he had the old beta of New Vision, not the final version.
YeomanTheCastle
UNATCO

Post by YeomanTheCastle »

That's possible, since I don't really remember what version I have. I'll have to download the latest version in that case to make sure. And no, I didn't do any reinstalling; I only stuck in the original Lucky Money level in with the GMDX maps.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

YeomanTheCastle wrote:That's possible, since I don't really remember what version I have. I'll have to download the latest version in that case to make sure. And no, I didn't do any reinstalling; I only stuck in the original Lucky Money level in with the GMDX maps.
If you do that, remember that New Vision (it's installer/wizard) will overwrite 6 GMDX maps when installing it, so grab the GMDX maps again after installing New Vision final.
You must do this otherwise no save points for Hardcore mode on those maps, for one.
Also, load the save game you have before ever entering the lucky money in this playthrough. If you replace a map the change will have no effect unless you have NEVER entered the map in a playthrough, since the map data saves to the save file.