Can't find package in file

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

YeomanTheCastle
UNATCO

Can't find package in file

Post by YeomanTheCastle »

A few days ago I started my, like, 100,000th playthrough of Deus Ex with GMDX (which, apart from a few things down to personal preference, is great) and New Vision installed. All is well until I get the Lucky Money club, where if I try to enter it, this asshole pops up.

Boo. Does anyone know what could be causing this?
x51
Thug

Re: Can't find package in file

Post by x51 »

check integrity, may be file is corrupted
Nyet! You can not steal from Hammer and Sickle!
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Hey Yeoman. Sorry this is a late reply, I never saw this thread 'till now.

Try a fresh install of New Vision, then reinstall GMDX (you should only need to grab the maps again, placing them in DeusEx\NewVision\maps).
Edit: When reinstalling New Vision I'm guessing it will overwite 6 GMDX maps in the NewVision/Maps folder.
Just overwrite all the maps again with those found in the GMDX download after the fresh install of New Vision.

Also, what are your nitpicks of GMDX? Speak your mind.
FastGamerr
MJ12

Post by FastGamerr »

This was one of the major bugs that I actually fixed in DXN before releasing it!

As in, it's looking for a New Vision-exclusive texture from the HKInterior pack (as in, it's not in the original package) but can't find it for some reason (in my case, it would have made DXN incompatible without the New Vision mod).

Hope this helps!
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

FastGamerr wrote: As in, it's looking for a New Vision-exclusive texture from the HKInterior pack (as in, it's not in the original package) but can't find it for some reason (in my case, it would have made DXN incompatible without the New Vision mod).
That's strange. You are saying you'll get an error if you use an NV exclusive texture without running NV? Cause I just tried some Revision maps that have NV specific textures without running NV, and all I got was the default bubble texture.
Producer and Quality Assurance Manager for Deus Ex: Revision.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Indeed. This thread is the first time I've ever heard of the game screwing out instead of defaulting to the bubble texture if it cannot find a certain texture.
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

Maybe it's on a mover? As actors rather than level geometry, they might be more fussy about textures being there?
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Hmm, looking through the HK_Interior package there is no glass texture. Where is DaveW when you need him :-s

Has anybody else played GMDX and encountered this problem?
x51
Thug

Post by x51 »

Cybernetic pig wrote:Has anybody else played GMDX and encountered this problem?
Nope...
Nyet! You can not steal from Hammer and Sickle!
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Nope as in you didn't encounter the problem or nope as in nobody else here has even played the mod? :mrgreen:

I'm joking. Good to know this isn't an error of mine. I went over those maps time and time again to ensure what I saw as perfection 8)
YeomanTheCastle
UNATCO

Apologies for the week long absence, I was on holiday in Palm Springs and I had no access to the internet. Thanks everyone for the replies though, I really appreciate it. Will try reinstalling stuff now.

@CP: It's been a week since I've touched DX, so I can't remember a lot of my thoughts on GMDX. I do remember that one of my criticisms was some of the bugs in the original weren't fixed (e.g. game acting as if I've killed people in Castle Clinton when I haven't, Warren Spector not appearing in Smuggler's when you've rescued him). Apart from that, it really is great. I've actually had to upgrade my Swimming skill and a lot more thought is required when playing. I decided to jump right into Hardcore, and the game is certainly more challenging.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Yeah, not all the bugs are fixed. There are waaay too many however :lol: We tried to get all the vital & challenge preventing ones in the code. All the ones in the maps I went for, however. If there are any map bugs left then I either failed to fix them (BSP hole at Vandenburg for example) or am not aware of their existence. Now I think of that vandenburg one I could have easily stuck some Block Player actors in the wall or some unbreakable boxes or whatever.
YeomanTheCastle wrote: I've actually had to upgrade my Swimming skill and a lot more thought is required when playing. I decided to jump right into Hardcore, and the game is certainly more challenging.
Great! Exactly what we were going for. Glad you took the hardcore challenge too.

Here's hoping you get that issue sorted.
G-Flex
Silhouette

Post by G-Flex »

Have you taken care of all the weird invisible TNT crates? Those are annoying.
YeomanTheCastle
UNATCO

I've tried using the original DX textures, but that's still popping up. Going to try reinstalling NV and GMDX now.
YeomanTheCastle
UNATCO

...but instead I've replaced the GMDX Lucky Money map with the original DX one and now things seem to be working again. No one else is having this problem, so I'm not sure what's causing it.