Death of a Duclare (movie pre-production)

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

DDentonas
UNATCO

Death of a Duclare (movie pre-production)

Post by DDentonas »

Hello! Me and my crew are considering making a movie about the Death of Beth Duclare. Since we are still in pre-production, I am open to ideas and suggestions. Keep in mind that the movie will be 20-40 minutes long.
YK: And you... you... are a bad actress.
(unknown sound)
MC: And you have one less finger...
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Re: Death of a Duclare (movie pre-production)

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Hey there. Good luck! As for suggestions, we need something to go off of. Prologue. First part of the script, whatever :)
DDentonas
UNATCO

Post by DDentonas »

The only thing that is set to stone is that this movie is more about the relationship of Nicolette with her mother, so the first part of the movie will be showing a teen Nicole and Beth going to an important something. Also the killer will be someone from the game, but I can't say much more than that. Lastly Beth will sacrifice her life (like the bible said) to save Nicole.

This is what we know from the bible.

The late Beth DuClare's daughter. 17-year-old underground hero/thief. Continued her mother's work funding, supplying and, to some extent, directing Silhouette in order to bring down Majestic 12. Thrillseeker. Tough and wily, though the bearing of privilege never quite escapes her manner. Headstrong like her mother, she is used to getting what she wants, when she wants. She can navigate her way around most computer systems --and she knows how to handle herself in a fight. Fancies herself as one with the night.

Beth DuClare, Nicolette's mother, was an Illuminati boss, and after the fall, watched Majestic 12's movements from Paris, France. She was intensely paranoid, convinced that they were looking for her all the while. Turns out she was right and died ensuring that her daughter, Nicolette, survived a deadly ambush. Nicolette has always felt a little guilty about that and continued her mother's work to make up for it, as best she could. In addition to being an ex-leader of the Illuminati, Beth DuClare was married, for a time, and was involved in preparing college student Philip Riley Mead for the Presidency.
(unknown sound)
G-Flex
Silhouette

Post by G-Flex »

Er, good luck avoiding DMCA takedown notices, I guess.
YeomanTheCastle
UNATCO

Post by YeomanTheCastle »

G-Flex wrote:Er, good luck avoiding DMCA takedown notices, I guess.
This, sadly. Still, it's an interesting project you're taking on. Looking forward to hearing more from it.
DDentonas
UNATCO

Post by DDentonas »

I asked Eidos Montreal. All is good. :smile:
(unknown sound)
Suvlaco
NSF

Post by Suvlaco »

What kind of equipment, crew and location access have you got?

Not to mention... you shouldn't be starting any pre-production until you've got a script (draft at least) nailed down...
DDentonas
UNATCO

Post by DDentonas »

I guess I used the pre production term wrong then. I meant pre-script brainstorming and discussion!

I have an endless supply of actors (endless means at least 10 of them.. :p)
An excelent make up/ prostetics artist that can handle making augmentations look real.
A camera crew of 3.
And a video editor guy.
About locations, we can shoot in some of the streets of Thessaloniki or Athens (Greece), the homes of the actors, abandoned homes, abandoned warehouses. But basicaly if I have to shoot somewhere, I will go there and stop at nothing to get permission to shoot.
Our camera is a Canon EOS Rebel T3i and our mic is a Shure.
(unknown sound)
AlvinD
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by AlvinD »

Good luck but if you've come to the forum looking ideas etc you're going to hit an awful block during script creation and filming. Something tells me because you have done this you havent had/got the experience to see it through. Good luck though. :lol:
G-Flex
Silhouette

Post by G-Flex »

What he said. None of what you have now matters if you don't have a solid script to begin with.