MOTY 2013

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Re: MOTY 2013

Post by Cybernetic pig »

YeomanTheCastle wrote:Nihilum's got my vote. And I voted for Revision for Best Upcoming Mod as well while I was at it.
:(

I was hoping you would vote GMDX...however, Nihilum was awesome and is fully-fledged TC, lots of content from scratch and dev time spanning many years. GMDX is simply an expansion on the main game. I voted Nihilhum too, it did deserve it :) (aside from the awful VA in places, but hey, no mod or game is perfect and I prefer awful VA to no VA....I think?)
Last edited by Cybernetic pig on Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
FastGamerr
MJ12

Post by FastGamerr »

http://www.moddb.com/events/2013-mod-of ... tor-choice

I'm absolutely flabbergasted. My enormous thanks to everyone who voted the mod into the Top 100 (and therefore leading it to the Editor's Choice category as well)!

Now the FastGamerr Editing Endeavour Experiment (1998-2013) has finally reached its absolute ending point. And what a way to go it was!

Cheers, and best of luck to everyone! Looking forward to Deus Ex: Revision and other DX mod projects! :]
- FGR
kdawg88
MJ12

Post by kdawg88 »

FastGamerr wrote:http://www.moddb.com/events/2013-mod-of ... tor-choice

I'm absolutely flabbergasted. My enormous thanks to everyone who voted the mod into the Top 100 (and therefore leading it to the Editor's Choice category as well)!

Now the FastGamerr Editing Endeavour Experiment (1998-2013) has finally reached its absolute ending point. And what a way to go it was!

Cheers, and best of luck to everyone! Looking forward to Deus Ex: Revision and other DX mod projects! :]
- FGR
Wow, nice job man, congrats!
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

FastGamerr wrote:I'm absolutely flabbergasted. My enormous thanks to everyone who voted the mod into the Top 100 (and therefore leading it to the Editor's Choice category as well)!
Congrats!
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Congratulations :)

I... really need to allocate some time to play that goddamn mod.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

ggrotz wrote:
FastGamerr wrote:I'm absolutely flabbergasted. My enormous thanks to everyone who voted the mod into the Top 100 (and therefore leading it to the Editor's Choice category as well)!
Congrats!
My congratulations as well. It's nice to see two minutes out of my day helped, in a minuscule way, your untold months of work get some well deserved recognition. :P
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

Congratulations from Caustic Creative as well! :)

Now, I'll add that to one the first things to play after I'm done with Revision should be soon. Or well it's already installed so in reality it's been on the top of my list for a while.
Producer and Quality Assurance Manager for Deus Ex: Revision.
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

Figured I'd just stick this here instead of starting a new topic but:

If this isn't great publicity for a project like Revision, I don't know what is. ;)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/422 ... apture.PNG

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/02/22/deus- ... 0&ns_fee=0
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

I know! It's so cool!
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

GMDX is still being ignored by the gaming press and others within the industry. Oh well, I've got my MOTY award and consistently highly-praising reviews. There's always hope that next release they'll take notice of what I have done for Deus Ex anyway.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Cybernetic pig wrote:GMDX is still being ignored by the gaming press and others within the industry. Oh well, I've got my MOTY award and consistently highly-praising reviews. There's always hope that next release they'll take notice of what I have done for Deus Ex anyway.
True artists are so rarely appreciated before their deaths :(
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
Hanfling
MJ12

Post by Hanfling »

Cybernetic pig wrote:GMDX is still being ignored by the gaming press and others within the industry. Oh well, I've got my MOTY award and consistently highly-praising reviews. There's always hope that next release they'll take notice of what I have done for Deus Ex anyway.
Maybe you should focus on turning GMDX into a set of Mutators / Additional playerclass, so it won't have to be that GMDX or that mod decission, but like: This mod, and the feature i love about GMDX (or don't).

As HX doesn't touch any base packages (including maps) and replaces almost every actor in the game (mostly by a mutator), I can offer you to share that code with you to give you a start on how to do this.
I demand my DXE User ID back. Launcher for DeusEx, Rune, Nerf, Unreal & Botpack. HX on Mod DB. Revision on Steam.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Hanfling wrote:
Maybe you should focus on turning GMDX into a set of Mutators / Additional playerclass, so it won't have to be that GMDX or that mod decission, but like: This mod, and the feature i love about GMDX (or don't).

As HX doesn't touch any base packages (including maps) and replaces almost every actor in the game (mostly by a mutator), I can offer you to share that code with you to give you a start on how to do this.
I've already made all I feel should be optional via an in-game options menu, which will be available when v7 is released (image taken when was WIP): http://media.moddb.com/cache/images/mod ... 57-437.jpg

That and the optional stuff in the installer.

Thanks for the offer though.
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

The point with mutators is that it can live in another file then DeusEx.u and thus you can run multiple mods along with each other. Like running GMDX with Revision, cause you use mutators to hook in your changes.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

bjorn98009_91 wrote:The point with mutators is that it can live in another file then DeusEx.u and thus you can run multiple mods along with each other. Like running GMDX with Revision, cause you use mutators to hook in your changes.
Well, that is one point of them. They are most commonly used for minor tweaks.

For now I have every mod that I want to be compatible with GMDX. I've pondered Revision compatibility before of course but I have to play it first in full to see if they are compatible from a design standpoint. Hopefully they are, then the only field that is left that is in dire need of improvement is animation.