Mods to disable spinning deathcam?

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

hugtgb
Mole Person

Mods to disable spinning deathcam?

Post by hugtgb »

Are there any mods to disable the spinning death cam after you die in DX1? I keep trying to play this game, but the spinning cam makes me motion sick.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Re: Mods to disable spinning deathcam?

Post by Cybernetic pig »

hugtgb wrote:Are there any mods to disable the spinning death cam after you die in DX1? I keep trying to play this game, but the spinning cam makes me motion sick.
Not that I am aware of. I am considering death in FPP for my mod, but am not certain yet because it's low priority.

To bypass: Press quickload (/, then Enter) as soon as you die. If you are fast enough there will be little spin. From there load your desired save if it is not a quicksave (+).
~DJ~
UNATCO

Post by ~DJ~ »

hey.
sorry, I might be very late, but I haven't been on these forum for ages and so all these posts show as new to me. I hope you still need it. I just made a quick mod and hopefully it might help you.

I've included a ReadMe for installation but it's kinda shit, so uh, just.. place both the '.u' file in System folder of Deus Ex, and next you'll have to edit two '.ini' files, what needs to be edited is mentioned on the ReadMe.

If you have any trouble, please post back here! :oops:
EDIT:
Removed previous attachment, new version with new name attached.
Attachments
JCNoRT.rar
(5.95 KiB) Downloaded 653 times
Last edited by ~DJ~ on Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rolatis
Thug

Post by rolatis »

I've done what the read me said to do, but I still have the death cam spinning? I edited user.ini for that one line, and deusex.ini's two lines and pasted the file into Deusex\System directory.
~DJ~
UNATCO

Post by ~DJ~ »

Can you paste your DeusEx.log here? :oops:
and possibly both the inis?
EDIT: Oh. I dint thought about this. It will not work on the save-games. #-o
..there is a way though. Modifying the save-game files via the Hex Editor.
I actually don't know much on how abouts to do this.. or if it's even possible. I sure do hope so that it is.
I'm testing some stuff and on the mean time if anyone's got a clue that if it's possible to modify the save-games to change the player-class, please halp. :oops:

oh and as for you rolatis, your DeusEx.log will still be helpful, so please do post it.

EDIT2: Okay, I've figured something out.. I hope....
Can you upload your SAVE-GAME file here?
It's located here:
"C:\DeusEx\Save\"
there will be folders there, zip up the ones you want to modify.
I'll modify them and hand it over to you.

I have removed the previous attachment and have uploaded a new mod, with two '.u' files now instead of one.
Even if you follow that for now, your save-games won't work but.. test if when you new-game it works or not.
So upload your save-games so that I can modify them for you.