Troubleshooter: Original Deus Ex Concept, Potential Fan Game

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Brad Denton
Thug

Troubleshooter: Original Deus Ex Concept, Potential Fan Game

Post by Brad Denton »

When I learned of the original concept for Deus Ex as Troubleshooter, and that the germ for the idea started as early as Warren Spector's days with Origin Systems, I envisioned what it would look like if had been developed in the mid-90s. That led me to wanting to draw a retro box art of the alternate what-if Deus Ex in the style of System Shock 1's box art. Which I will show you now.

Hideous guy, isn't he? Well, I intended him to be Troubleshooter's equivalent of J.C. Denton. Why make him so pale and ugly? Well, his facial features were meant to pay homage to the odd face designs of System Shock 1's CG cutscenes, and I wanted to convey that he wasn't quite human like the pale Men in Black. The red sunglasses with the binary code is of course a tribute to Terminator 1. I was thinking of calling him O.T. Abrahams, and his brother N.T. Abrahams (a reversal on the J.C./Paul roles, where the younger brother now represents the old order and the younger brother represents the new, since O.T. stands for Old Testament and N.T. is New Testament).

The way I imagine the look of the fangame is that it would have the interface of System Shock 1, though with mouselook and stealth mechanics, and the setting would be complex realistic environments. Because I want to make it look like a really 90s game, I figured that visual inspiration could be borrowed from films like Terminator 2, The Matrix, Predator 2, Men in Black, Independence Day, The Fugitive, U.S. Marshals, GoldenEye, and perhaps the 2000 gritty film Traffic. Though the graphics engine of System Shock 1 can't generate the kind of environments I would envision (as far as I know), I was thinking about the Unreal Tech Demo from 1995 kind of had a little bit of a System Shock 1 vibe, especially the fact that the mouse (when you're not clicked the right mouse button to mouse-look) moves like the mouse in SS1's interface.

I was thinking it of having it done on another engine which has a SS1 feel to it, like the incomplete reverse engineered SS1 engine, or Revert-3D (2.5D engine which aims to recreate the SS1 feel, and is also incomplete, but I think had potential). All in all, I'm now wondering if Deus Ex can be modded to appear oldschool pixelated in its models and environments, and that the levels can be done the same way too.

For the gameplay, I envision it as being freeform as Deus Ex's, but with aspects of SS1, Strife, Rainbow Six, and a little bit of The Nameless Mod. I envision it as having levels like helicopter drop on the rooftop on the warehouse missions, levels where you have to save family hostages, and levels where you end up in facilities found in Men in Black and GoldenEye.
majah
Thug

Re: Troubleshooter: Original Deus Ex Concept, Potential Fan Game

Post by majah »

Stay connected without commitments with Wifi Hire's prepaid wireless internet plans. Enjoy the freedom to use data as you need it
majah
Thug

Post by majah »

Explore the reliability of Malan Best Security's Fire Watch Chicago. Their dedicated team is well-versed in local safety regulations, providing tailored solutions for your property. Choose Malan Best Security for comprehensive fire watch services in the vibrant city of Chicago.
jameseso113
NSF

Post by jameseso113 »

Carry on the great operate, My spouse and i go through number of blogposts for this site along with I do think that your particular world wide web web site can be true exciting and possesses acquired encircles involving amazing data. Geschiktheid voor Indiase e visa Keniaanse burgers
oggy12
UNATCO

Post by oggy12 »

Being Starter, I'm sure for life trying over the internet for the purpose of content pieces that might be from assistance to everybody. Regards. シェンゲンビザでトルコに入国する方法
zirdukukko
UNATCO

Post by zirdukukko »

Hello, this weekend is good for me, since this time i am reading this enormous informative article here at my home. Best Residential Air Duct Cleaning Services Near Me
muzammilseo89540
UNATCO

Post by muzammilseo89540 »

I appreciate this article for the well-researched content and excellent wording. I got so interested in this material that I couldn’t stop reading. Your blog is really impressive. Disinfection Services
muzammilseo89540
UNATCO

Post by muzammilseo89540 »

Thank you again for all the knowledge you distribute,Good post. I was very interested in the article, it's quite inspiring I should admit. I like visiting you site since I always come across interesting articles like this one.Great Job, I greatly appreciate that.Do Keep sharing! Regards, 24/7 auto locksmith services to all customers in Los Angeles.
carsonreed
NSF

Post by carsonreed »

One of the most significant appeals of modded games is the sense of ownership and creativity they afford players. Instead of merely consuming content created by developers, modders become active participants in shaping their gaming experiences. Whether it's reimagining a beloved classic or introducing entirely new content, modding empowers players to make the virtual worlds they inhabit truly their own. For more detail you can visit here https://apkbeyond.org/