How do I get these three mods to work together?

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

lifehole
Mole Person

How do I get these three mods to work together?

Post by lifehole »

A question surely asked before, but that was before the july 2013 update for hdtp.

Is it possible to have Clear Vision, Hdtp, and Shifter work together? And if so, how? A step by step guide if thats possible, I've been troubleshooting and googling for hours.
kocmo
Thug

Re: How do I get these three mods to work together?

Post by kocmo »

lifehole wrote:A question surely asked before, but that was before the july 2013 update for hdtp.

Is it possible to have Clear Vision, Hdtp, and Shifter work together? And if so, how? A step by step guide if thats possible, I've been troubleshooting and googling for hours.
Yes.

(1) Install New Vision (I presume that was what you meant instead of Clear Vision).
(2) Install HDTP via this installer.
(2.1) Go to DeusEx\HDTP\System\, rename DeusEx.u to DeusEx.u.unused.
(3) Install Shifter 1.9 RC1.

Or try unifiedDeusEx, it includes detailed step-by-step installation instructions in its readme. The only difference is, unifiedDeusEx also incorporates BioMod; however, it makes Shifter features configurable.
lifehole
Mole Person

Re: How do I get these three mods to work together?

Post by lifehole »

kocmo wrote:
lifehole wrote:A question surely asked before, but that was before the july 2013 update for hdtp.

Yes.

(1) Install New Vision (I presume that was what you meant instead of Clear Vision).
(2) Install HDTP via this installer.
(2.1) Go to DeusEx\HDTP\System\, rename DeusEx.u to DeusEx.u.unused.
(3) Install Shifter 1.9 RC1.

Or try unifiedDeusEx, it includes detailed step-by-step installation instructions in its readme. The only difference is, unifiedDeusEx also incorporates BioMod; however, it makes Shifter features configurable.
Hmm. Well, alright. What I actually ended up doing (I fixed it like a second after this post, ugh.) was installing vanilla, starting it, quitting, installing HTDP demo or original, then I installed beta 3 (unknowing that that was only a third of all of it) then clear vision, but without direct 10 renderer. Realized that didn't work later (due to opengl incompatibility on my end). then it struck me that I had needed all of the betas, so installed the rest (including 3 which iunno if that's incompatible or not but it's working on my end). Quickly realized that I needed to reinstall clear vision to get direct3d10, so I did. Then I started it, changed around hdtp settings, ensured mj12 guard was disabled.

After all that I realized shifter still wasn't working, so I messed around with creating a seperate "shifter" .exe and folder and whatnot, what the "advanced.txt" file in the rars said to do. Applied that to hdtp.ini, then started the game. It worked. So far, anyways (model skins etc on all models I enabled are in effect.) Will do what you said if I experience crashes and stuff.