new GOTY problem

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

fantsu
UNATCO

new GOTY problem

Post by fantsu »

OK, had to reinstall Deus Ex due to new windows install.
Running it from CD, GOTY version of course.

I had WIN7 home and I'm running it now from WIN7 ultimate, but encountered a problem.

I don't know if the problem is because New Vision or HDTP, but those two are the only mods isntalled.

The problem is:
Military bots are missing their walking sounds (and the screen shake when they walk).
They are completely silent.

I also have some strange lighting bugs, the screen flashes sometimes between fog white and completely black.

Any solution to this one? Did New Vision or HDTP bug out somehow or is it because of the new windows?

Thanks beforehand!
:-k
Bravery is not a function of firepower.
My "Deus Ex - Conspiracy" run on emulator
Alex Jacobson: They'll have you killed. They won't even blink an eye.
JC Denton: Neither did I.
ggrotz
X-51

Re: new GOTY problem

Post by ggrotz »

fantsu wrote: The problem is:
Military bots are missing their walking sounds (and the screen shake when they walk).
That's a known HDTP bug that you would have noticed before.
fantsu wrote: I also have some strange lighting bugs, the screen flashes sometimes between fog white and completely black.
That's a goofy thing the drivers do sometimes, but I'm sure a lot of that depends on your settings. I'm sure there's better settings for some cards than others, and better drivers for some than others. The card I'm on right now works best with the DX10 drivers. The other two are okay, but not as good and will do things like that every once in a while. YMMV more or less.
fantsu
UNATCO

Re: new GOTY problem

Post by fantsu »

ggrotz wrote:
fantsu wrote: The problem is:
That's a known HDTP bug that you would have noticed before.
fantsu wrote: I also have some strange lighting bugs, the screen flashes sometimes between fog white and completely black.
That's a goofy thing the drivers do sometimes, but I'm sure a lot of that depends on your settings. I'm sure there's better settings for some cards than others, and better drivers for some than others. The card I'm on right now works best with the DX10 drivers. The other two are okay, but not as good and will do things like that every once in a while. YMMV more or less.

Thank you for your quick answer and help.
You deserve virtual forty and a pack of virtual coughing nails.

I have never played this game with HDTP all the way through, so that explains it.
I'll try to tinker with driver settings more what comes to the flashing.
Bravery is not a function of firepower.
My "Deus Ex - Conspiracy" run on emulator
Alex Jacobson: They'll have you killed. They won't even blink an eye.
JC Denton: Neither did I.