Skipping in Der Zeit Mann

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

ETPC
Thug

Skipping in Der Zeit Mann

Post by ETPC »

Hi once again, all!

Well, after finishing off 2027 (very interesting mod with some not great level layouts) and burden of 80 proof (great palate cleanser!), I decided to move on to a new mod from the big, stickied mod list, that being Der Zeit Mann.

And, every conversation in the game seems to be skipping. In fact, the intro map skips before the first line is spoken. Not only this, but also the normal run speed is SUPER fast.

What gives? I replaced the DZM exe with Deus Exe but it still happens. Any ideas? Or is the mod just buggy and unfinished?
ggrotz
X-51

Re: Skipping in Der Zeit Mann

Post by ggrotz »

ETPC wrote: And, every conversation in the game seems to be skipping. In fact, the intro map skips before the first line is spoken. Not only this, but also the normal run speed is SUPER fast.
If it's just fast, I'd check the renderer settings (VSync I think). As for conversations, they are very badly recorded, so they will sound bad. See this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDPqQcyK ... 0743F6E9A3

There are several mod walkthrough recordings of older things (not great quality) here, which will help especially if you start playing ZODIAC, Hotel Carone, Redsun2020, and a few others: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK6zI_gnFhKqLZTCCh_1WAg
ETPC
Thug

Post by ETPC »

Yup, VSync fixed it. And I finished it. Welp.

Onto Redsun 2020!
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

ETPC wrote:Yup, VSync fixed it. And I finished it. Welp.

Onto Redsun 2020!
As a suggestion, feel free to look at my dx loader, which is linked below. It will take a universal set of settings and put them into any mod it supports. Since you are playing many of them, it will help get the same settings for all the different mods you plan to look at.
that guy
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by that guy »

I think http://www.moddb.com/mods/zodiac was the most deus exy mod I played. You should try that if you haven't already.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

ZODIAC also gives you the satisfaction of watching Steve Tack become better and better at level design as more episodes were released. The first couple of levels are kinda shaky, the next two are pretty good, and the last two levels are really well made.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine