DXIW Playthrough and Recording

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

kynt
Thug

DXIW Playthrough and Recording

Post by kynt »

God, it's been a long time since I was on here. Hope everyone is doing good.

I was hoping someone could help me out with an issue I am having.

I just finished playing Deus Ex, and I recorded my playthrough with Open Broadcaster Software. Now I have the itch to do a playthrough of DXIW, but OBS isn't playing nice. I have basically narrowed it down to OBS not working with Direct3d games. Whenever I start the game, then start recording, my framerate drops to 5.

I am pretty sure I changed Deus Ex to the OpenGL renderer and everything worked fine. Is there a way to change DXIW's renderer to OpenGL?

I've spent the last day or two setting DXIW up to run nice and look good, and have been messing around with OBS for the better part of a day. No matter what I do it just won't record.

Any suggestions?
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Re: DXIW Playthrough and Recording

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Record in windowed mode.
kynt
Thug

Post by kynt »

Cybernetic pig wrote:Record in windowed mode.
Thank you so much!

I set it to windowed mode in user.ini and changed the windowed mode resolution to my screen resolution in the default.ini. OBS is set up to capture the monitor. I had to make the taskbar autohide, which I don't like, but the game is basically full screen, and can be recorded full screen.

I am not entirely sure what I am going to do with all this video of me playing the games, though. Maybe someday I will edit it into episodes or something.
kynt
Thug

Post by kynt »

Just out of curiosity, what are people's reasons for not liking Deus Ex: Invisible War? Is it really mostly the game design? The small, cramped levels and console design?

Personally I like the story, atmosphere, and environments. It also is nostalgic for me.
Hanfling
MJ12

Post by Hanfling »

I guess the main reason is because it was designed as a console game and many changes related to that felt like a big step backward. Also when i got it the first time, it didn't run really playable on my PC which is probably another reason why I never got into that game.
I demand my DXE User ID back. Launcher for DeusEx, Rune, Nerf, Unreal & Botpack. HX on Mod DB. Revision on Steam.