Deus Ex Revision is 2 days away

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

wincenworks
Mole Person

Re: Deus Ex Revision is 2 days away

Post by wincenworks »

ggrotz wrote:I'll leave this screen shot here - a great illustration of the silliness of the "openness, dead end I can't get into" slam that's getting made on Revision by Kim Winchen and others:
gmdx-ss01.jpg
So this is at... the airport where they tell you to go to the hanger?

You're comparing that to Hell's Kitchen where they told you to go find a way to get to an NSF warehouse with a generator, and as it turns out your path there is quite (enjoyably) convoluted in the original?

Aside from the assumption that every Deus Ex map was flawless (I didn't say that, in fact I have sections talking about what could be improved) there's a completely different narrative to to the map and a purpose. These are critical things to consider when assessing a map design.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

ggrotz wrote:I'll leave this screen shot here - a great illustration of the silliness of the "openness, dead end I can't get into" slam that's getting made on Revision by Kim Winchen and others:
gmdx-ss01.jpg
Why have you thrown NSF corpses through the gaps in the gate? There are no corpses there vanilla or in GMDX.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

Cybernetic pig wrote: Why have you thrown NSF corpses through the gaps in the gate? There are no corpses there vanilla or in GMDX.
Good way as any to get rid of them (I loaded an old save game to get that). And it's GMDX: I threw them OVER the gate.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

ggrotz wrote:And it's GMDX: I threw them OVER the gate.
8)