Deus Ex Revision is 2 days away

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Trasher
UNATCO

Re: Deus Ex Revision is 2 days away

Post by Trasher »

lol you just took a million shots and you're standing right next to them.
Not even snipers in vanilla had the aim for the head option.
Even if aim for head is set to false they can still do a head shot. Having a few enemies with their focus for head shot is not a bad thing in my opinion and even then you take quite a few hits on easy & normal. However if a notable amount of players find it being a bad thing I can always set it to false.
You are just editing stuff for the sake of editing stuff, stuff that not even the main Devs themselves wanted to use.
Editing stuffs.... this is a mod and a mods edit stuffs.. right? Read this.
mKaelus
Thug

Post by mKaelus »

Trasher wrote:lol you just took a million shots and you're standing right next to them.

Thats not the point of the webm, don't act like you don't know what is up. Its meant to show how many enemies aim for the head, even on easy.
Trasher wrote:in my opinion
I thought we were posting facts here.
Trasher wrote:Editing stuffs.... this is a mod and a mods edit stuffs.. right? Read this.
Yes, a mod edits stuff. It doesn't however edit your lack of humor.

heres a wikipedia article for you too https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem
Trasher
UNATCO

Post by Trasher »

Alright, I checked the troopers that shot you. They had their aim set for the head while guys on the lower platform are normal. I'll fix that right now. Thanks for pointing out. ;)
mKaelus
Thug

Post by mKaelus »

Trasher wrote:Alright, I checked the troopers that shot you. They had their aim set for the head while guys on the lower platform are normal. I'll fix that right now. Thanks for pointing out. ;)
Epic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_U5AkDOTT6Q
FastGamerr
MJ12

Post by FastGamerr »

Come on, Trasher. DXREV has received better criticism from better people, please don't stoop down to these peoples' level. My level. ;)
DevAnj
UNATCO

Post by DevAnj »

I don't remember you criticizing this mod, you only gave glowing praise to it. Kim Wincen thoroughly covered the failings of the mod in his ongoing video series, and he enables HDTP and New Vision and explains why he doesn't like them in the second video of the playlist.

Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... H_XKyMytLw
FastGamerr
MJ12

Post by FastGamerr »

If you've found some YouTube gamer sharing your opinion with F A C T S(tm), I'm glad that you've found satisfaction.

At any rate, I would never include myself in "better people", Curry. ;)
DevAnj
UNATCO

Post by DevAnj »

Did you even watch those videos, because a lot of the points he brings up aren't subjective. Yes, you like the mod, great, that doesn't mean it should be held above scrunity or that the opinions of others over it should be dismissed simply because they don't like the mod.
FastGamerr
MJ12

Post by FastGamerr »

I'm glad that's what you think this is about, rockstar.

Anyway, Trasher, the point still stands: better, proper actually constructive criticism for the mod, made by better people, can be found elsewhere. I wish you luck, my friend. 8)
Bogie
UNATCO

Post by Bogie »

Yeah, don't take criticism from kids like me.
DevAnj
UNATCO

Post by DevAnj »

FastGamerr wrote:Anyway, Trasher, the point still stands: better, proper actually constructive criticism for the mod, made by better people, can be found elsewhere. I wish you luck, my friend. 8)
Where exactly? Are you going to say Steam, just because it has 75% or so rating there? Even there the reviews with the most votes are the negative reviews, and a lot of positive reviews are just people saying, "Great mod, brought an old game to modern standards, 10/10" or some such while quite a few negative reviews delve into issues this mod has.
Trasher
UNATCO

Post by Trasher »

Kim Wincen? Who is Kim Winchen? Who knows, who cares.

I've seen some of bits of the video and all I can say is that guy is really, really desperate. Anyone could make same style video of the original Deus Ex. Or heck you can pick up any game and make a similar video. It's not hard.
Dev Jyothichand 13 tuntia sitten
+ExplodingConsole Actually Shifter fixed that first. Revision merely borrowed Shifter's fix, so no they don't deserve credit for that.
Dev, you're probably the lamest person I've seen here and that's quite an accomplishment. We didn't borrow anyone's fix for that since it's really easy to fix on your own. But yeah we don't deserve any credit on the work we've done here in your book. We should have just left Ford broken so you could find something to bitch at. On top of that you don't seem to have your own opinion about anything instead your opinion is based on what some people think.

Sure there are issues in the mod and it's quite common for a 1.0. If you were a fair person you would also point out that most useful and constructive reviews are way more positive than negative. But of course you don't want to point that out. Clearly you're not a fan of the mod, I get that. Why do you even bother to bug around then? It's like you have to stick your nose into every damn corner of the web and link worthless you tube videos and trying desperately tell people to avoid this mod due to someone else's personal opinion. Not to mention all the mocking towards us. Jesus get a life.

One more thing about reviews in general. These days everyone's a critic. It's very easy to pick up a game and bash it to depths of hell and put a 0 score to it. If you believe these reviews then cows might as well fly and it's raining doughnuts everyday. Another fine example is Fallout 4 "REVIEWS" by the experts on metacritic or how about the new Star Wars? Or the excellent Battlefield 4?. Yeah, not very pretty.
mKaelus
Thug

Post by mKaelus »

DevAnj wrote:
FastGamerr wrote:Anyway, Trasher, the point still stands: better, proper actually constructive criticism for the mod, made by better people, can be found elsewhere. I wish you luck, my friend. 8)
Where exactly? Are you going to say Steam, just because it has 75% or so rating there? Even there the reviews with the most votes are the negative reviews, and a lot of positive reviews are just people saying, "Great mod, brought an old game to modern standards, 10/10" or some such while quite a few negative reviews delve into issues this mod has.
He obviously means
>get criticism from people who enjoy and like the mod
mKaelus
Thug

Post by mKaelus »

Trasher wrote:If you were a fair person you would also point out that most useful and constructive reviews are way more positive than negative.
Trasher wrote:One more thing about reviews in general. These days everyone's a critic. It's very easy to pick up a game and bash it to depths of hell and put a 0 score to it.
Its also very easy to pick up a game and praise it to depths of heaven and put a 10 score to it.

Which it seems it is exactly what you would want, blind praise. Because all I have seen you doing was bashing everyone who points a flaw in the mod, not to the blind fanboys who endlessly praise it.

You also go into to the depths of name calling people for doing so.

What did you about the people who kept spamming the mailboxes of anyone who gave a negative score to the mod on moddb?
We all know you did nothing.
What did you do about the people who kept following you and praising the good and bad things about the mod?
Nothing.
What did you do about the people who made multiple accounts on moddb just to downvote negative comments?
Nothing.
What did you people do when someone pointed a flaw?
Name calling, lies, ignoring facts.
What did you people do when someone made a video containing just 1 screenshot and a fact about the mod being steam exclusive?
You tried to censor it, you took down comments and you tried to take down the video.

I am sorry not all of us blindly praise something just to be on your good side.
And I did give a positive score to Revision, so don't even try to go that way with me.
FastGamerr
MJ12

Post by FastGamerr »

Trasher wrote:Dev, you're probably the lamest person I've seen here and that's quite an accomplishment. We didn't borrow anyone's fix for that since it's really easy to fix on your own. But yeah we don't deserve any credit on the work we've done here in your book. We should have just left Ford broken so you could find something to bitch at. On top of that you don't seem to have your own opinion about anything instead your opinion is based on what some people think.

Sure there are issues in the mod and it's quite common for a 1.0. If you were a fair person you would also point out that most useful and constructive reviews are way more positive than negative. But of course you don't want to point that out. Clearly you're not a fan of the mod, I get that. Why do you even bother to bug around then? It's like you have to stick your nose into every damn corner of the web and link worthless you tube videos and trying desperately tell people to avoid this mod due to someone else's personal opinion. Not to mention all the mocking towards us. Jesus get a life.

One more thing about reviews in general. These days everyone's a critic. It's very easy to pick up a game and bash it to depths of hell and put a 0 score to it. If you believe these reviews then cows might as well fly and it's raining doughnuts everyday. Another fine example is Fallout 4 "REVIEWS" by the experts on metacritic or how about the new Star Wars? Or the excellent Battlefield 4?. Yeah, not very pretty.
Well stated, Trasher. How wondrous that merely one or, more definitely, two years ago, the Deus Ex community was mostly safe from the general gamer garbage, represented well in this thread. But sadly, even the greatest of communities will be notably tainted in time, with DX it surprisingly took about 15 years.

In fact, it's even sadder that these people would now appear on OTP - the last oasis of DX communities - rather than the usual hives of ModDB, Reddit et al.

Yet, it's regrettably also the price of fame, and I still advise Trasher and co. to focus on the constructive feedback instead of some afterthoughts that are about as scathing as a YouTube comment.

Don't forget that you've got Jonas and I on your side. :)