Deus Ex Triva game

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Bogie
UNATCO

Deus Ex Triva game

Post by Bogie »

How about we do a Deus ex trivia game? Let's start:
Which character mesh has the most animations? Is it:
A. GM_Suit (Bob Page, MIB, Sailor)
B. GM_Jumpsuit (NSF,Sam Carter,UNATCO)
C. GMK_DressShirt (Kid. That's literally it.)
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Re: Deus Ex Triva game

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Very vague. I won't bother to look in the mesh viewer and will guess GM_Jumpsuit, as it is the most commonly encountered NPC mesh in the game (NSF, UNATCO) that you also see most often in a wide variety of states (Patrolling, attacking, Sitting etc).
I would have thought GM_Suit and GM_Jumpsuit would have the same number of anims, but you imply otherwise.
Hanfling
MJ12

Post by Hanfling »

I wouldn't be supprised if all have the same amount, but I won't bother to run grep over the DeusExCharacters script source.
I demand my DXE User ID back. Launcher for DeusEx, Rune, Nerf, Unreal & Botpack. HX on Mod DB. Revision on Steam.
Bogie
UNATCO

Post by Bogie »

Alright, sorry for the cryptic start. The answer was GM_Suit, as it has 71 animations.
Anyways:

True or False:
There was an ending in the game where JC Denton sides with UNATCO
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

What are the unique animations in GM_Suit that isn't in GM_Jumpsuit then, do you know?
True or False:
Was or is?

In the final product there is not such an ending, but it was intended at some point during development if I am not mistaken.
Bogie
UNATCO

Post by Bogie »

GM_Suit has a dance animation.
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

Bogie wrote:Alright, sorry for the cryptic start. The answer was GM_Suit, as it has 71 animations.
Anyways:

True or False:
True: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cEg5Xo7VFU (This is all that remains of that part and it can be accessed if you find the proof on the datacube in the warehouse basement but don't send the signal and instead go back to Paul)

I haven't been around for ages, but I have two trivia questions to add

1) Who is Thomas Dieter?
2) Why is there unused outtro music in the Area51 music file? (Not the bunker music)
My nature videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/DynamixWarePro
My whistle/flute videos (and some other videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/DXMorpheus
Bogie
UNATCO

Post by Bogie »

1. Thomas Dieter was supposed to show up when Harley Filben was killed (He was planned to have been able to be killed).

2. This, I'm not sure why it is here. I best guess is that there was a mission after Area 51, which is unlikely.

Another True or False!

The Dark Age ending was longer, but for time constraints on the ending, the dialogue was simply skipped. True or False?

In the game, Liberty island was going to be the last level, with the player attempting to stop a missile crisis. True or False?

Anna Navarre was going to be able to live, but would show up later in Vandenberg. True or False?

In the game files, there are various characters that were important characters, but used as civillians. True or False?

Every character has there own body class. True or False?

Stanton Dowd has a stealth pistol, but will never attack the player. True or False?

If you do not give Stanton Dowd any ambrosia, he will send you an infolink message were he dies on the spot. True or False?

Lucius DeBeers was going to be an important part of the story, and would be a villain. True or False?

Walton Simons has his own nano-sword called "Satan's Mop". True or False?

And finally,

The player can get on the damn boat. True or False?
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

Bogie wrote:1. Thomas Dieter was supposed to show up when Harley Filben was killed (He was planned to have been able to be killed).

2. This, I'm not sure why it is here. I best guess is that there was a mission after Area 51, which is unlikely.
1. Yes

2. As far as I know, the music is there because you were originally meant to go to the moon after Area 51, but I am not 100% sure if you were meant to go to the moon then or before then. It could also be because there was going to be an ending where the player could side with Bob Page.
My whistle/flute videos (and some other videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/DXMorpheus
Bogie
UNATCO

Post by Bogie »

Morpheus wrote:
Bogie wrote:1. Thomas Dieter was supposed to show up when Harley Filben was killed (He was planned to have been able to be killed).

1. Yes

2. As far as I know, the music is there because you were originally meant to go to the moon after Area 51, but I am not 100% sure if you were meant to go to the moon then or before then. It could also be because there was going to be an ending where the player could side with Bob Page.
Actually, I think Area 51 was on the moon, since I remember reading somewhere that the interior level is based on a space station design.
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

Bogie wrote:
Morpheus wrote:

1. Yes

Actually, I think Area 51 was on the moon, since I remember reading somewhere that the interior level is based on a space station design.
I haven;t read that, but it does look like it could have been on the moon
Every character has there own body class. True or False?
If your not including NPCs like Sargent Berry/Cpl. Collins/Kaplan etc... which are just UNACO Troops, then I'd say true.