It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:19 am




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
GMDX v8.0 Release Date Revealed 
Author Message
Illuminati

Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:21 am
Posts: 2283
Post Re: GMDX v8.0 Release Date Revealed
Goddamn it. Candyland video, we meet again. Check the comments.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments ... on_videos/

_________________
GMDX: Advancement Mod


Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:05 am
Profile
Illuminati
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:01 pm
Posts: 3935
Location: Terra, Sweden, Uppsala.
Post Re: GMDX v8.0 Release Date Revealed
Cybernetic pig wrote:
Goddamn it. Candyland video, we meet again. Check the comments.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments ... on_videos/

Not sure what you mean.


Lots of this stuff looks great, I'll definitely play v8 despite playing v7 earlier this year. Releasing at the same time as underrail though... tricksy tricksy.

_________________
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum


Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:10 pm
Profile
Silhouette

Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:55 am
Posts: 722
Post Re: GMDX v8.0 Release Date Revealed
Jaedar wrote:
Cybernetic pig wrote:
Goddamn it. Candyland video, we meet again. Check the comments.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments ... on_videos/

Not sure what you mean.


The Candyland video is more or less a piece of complete fucktardery that got released as a "Revision" review. The problem is that it's not a "Revision" review, but a review of New Vision and HDTP. The problem comes where others come along and don't realize the complete fucktardery the video creator/uploader engaged in, and make asshat comments like "You changed nothing from vanilla" or "You changed nothing from Revision". Revision uses New Vision and HDTP and so does GMDX, so ...

(as for Reddit, the particular comment Cybernetic pig referenced got rightfully downvoted into oblivion, so you'll have to click on it to see what it is he's talking about)

_________________
You can find my Deus Ex Loader here. | HDTP Beta 3


Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:58 pm
Profile
Illuminati

Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:21 am
Posts: 2283
Post Re: GMDX v8.0 Release Date Revealed
I also posted one to r/pcgaming by the way: https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comme ... on_videos/

It's a lot prettier than the r/games one, that's for sure.

_________________
GMDX: Advancement Mod


Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:17 pm
Profile
UNATCO
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:21 am
Posts: 147
Post Re: GMDX v8.0 Release Date Revealed
ggrotz wrote:
Jaedar wrote:
Cybernetic pig wrote:
Goddamn it. Candyland video, we meet again. Check the comments.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments ... on_videos/

Not sure what you mean.


The Candyland video is more or less a piece of complete fucktardery that got released as a "Revision" review. The problem is that it's not a "Revision" review, but a review of New Vision and HDTP. The problem comes where others come along and don't realize the complete fucktardery the video creator/uploader engaged in, and make asshat comments like "You changed nothing from vanilla" or "You changed nothing from Revision". Revision uses New Vision and HDTP and so does GMDX, so ...

(as for Reddit, the particular comment Cybernetic pig referenced got rightfully downvoted into oblivion, so you'll have to click on it to see what it is he's talking about)


Some of the viewers of the video were as oblivious as the uploader, and tried to argue with people, even after being told the graphics had nothing to do with Revision at all. It was quite the sight to see.

Worse yet is that the uploader has yet to retitle the video.

_________________
Image


Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:07 pm
Profile
Silhouette

Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:55 am
Posts: 722
Post Re: GMDX v8.0 Release Date Revealed
SlySpy wrote:
Some of the viewers of the video were as oblivious as the uploader, and tried to argue with people, even after being told the graphics had nothing to do with Revision at all. It was quite the sight to see.

Worse yet is that the uploader has yet to retitle the video.


Indeed. The way to do this video would have been to compare HDTP+New Vision with Revision, and find places where Revision changed things to compare it with (like they actually did with all the street lamps Revision added).

But yeah it's fun to see people not question what they see/hear. Especially when someone actually does point out the problem. But when you realize that these people's decisions actually have a degree of power (see politics), it gets very scary and depressing.

That last sentence is where the fucktardery comes in. When something wrong should be obvious, instead of fixing your complete fuck up, you delete all the comments that protest your fuck up (I didn't see any comments like that on the video) and double-down.

_________________
You can find my Deus Ex Loader here. | HDTP Beta 3


Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:16 pm
Profile
Illuminati

Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:21 am
Posts: 2283
Post Re: GMDX v8.0 Release Date Revealed
Hilarious playtester discovery too good not to share: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9JXXkzYGb8

_________________
GMDX: Advancement Mod


Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:41 pm
Profile
MJ12

Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:55 pm
Posts: 453
Post Re: GMDX v8.0 Release Date Revealed
Awesome indeed! Is there any way to fix it, but make it into a cheat code (to just toggle off the fix, and maybe spawn spinning boxes everywhere)?


Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:49 pm
Profile
Illuminati

Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:21 am
Posts: 2283
Post Re: GMDX v8.0 Release Date Revealed
There is, but I don't consider that worthy of programming. Sorry. Bugs should be completely eliminated.

_________________
GMDX: Advancement Mod


Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:59 pm
Profile
MJ12

Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:55 pm
Posts: 453
Post Re: GMDX v8.0 Release Date Revealed
IDK, if it causes humor - it might not be a bug, but a feature. Take TNM for example: aside from the immensely useful phasrox, the only other cheat I remember from there is iamjonas.


Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:03 pm
Profile
Illuminati

Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:21 am
Posts: 2283
Post Re: GMDX v8.0 Release Date Revealed
Made in China wrote:
IDK, if it causes humor - it might not be a bug, but a feature. Take TNM for example: aside from the immensely useful phasrox, the only other cheat I remember from there is iamjonas.


It's not fitting with the setting/game world, so it gets eradicated.
Besides, its value as humor has been spent in this here video.

_________________
GMDX: Advancement Mod


Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:21 pm
Profile
Silhouette

Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:55 am
Posts: 722
Post Re: GMDX v8.0 Release Date Revealed
Cybernetic pig wrote:
There is, but I don't consider that worthy of programming. Sorry. Bugs should be completely eliminated.


Yeah it's kind of a relative of the grenade surfing thing, where you can bounce off of a grenade to jump or ride a grenade down from a high place and not get hurt. Or how things on top of boxes you can lift renders them into unliftable things.

Basically a reflection of how JCD operates with objects in the world. From what I can tell, the death was caused by the box actually flipping JCD over and crushing him.

Fun stuff.

_________________
You can find my Deus Ex Loader here. | HDTP Beta 3


Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:58 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forum/DivisionCore.