GMDX v8.0 Release Date Revealed

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Re: GMDX v8.0 Release Date Revealed

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Yeah, all links have been resolved now except dxalpha, but there's probably no point in posting there anyhow as it is more vacant than even here.
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

Producer and Quality Assurance Manager for Deus Ex: Revision.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Thanks. The article kinda sells it short but I guess most people still have no idea the true scale, quality & ambitions of this mod.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Part 4: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-bSLkfzWYc

Full screen viewing advised.

"Game makers should focus more on making believable characters than believable guns."
-Warren Spector

I find both to be of equal value, and with mods we can have it all.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Secondary weapon is really impressive.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
Made in China
MJ12

Post by Made in China »

This sums up all I have to say:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pXfHLUlZf4

Will there be custom weapons (such as Shifter's Jock's Pistol) and the like? I think having custom weapons for major characters adds more character to them, as it shows they are proficient and are combatants even if the weapon in itself is useless.
On the other hand, if Shifter hadn't added this beforehand, I wouldn't have really noticed it's gone - so either way, I'm pleased.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Nope. Custom variations of weapons typically take away the relevance of the standard variants and is just a cheap way to add variety instead of having entirely different weaponry. I never thought it was a good idea in Invisible War.
There are two custom weapons of sorts I suppose: the rifle Paul gives you at the beginning comes with one accuracy mod pre-installed (Paul's weapon choices at the start have been balanced), and Navarre's assault rifle has a silencer, which as you say gives her more personality, and it cannot be taken from Navarre per vanilla design because you cannot knock her out and she never drops her weapon.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Cybernetic pig wrote: There are two custom weapons of sorts I suppose: the rifle Paul gives you at the beginning comes with one accuracy mod pre-installed (Paul's weapon choices at the start have been balanced), and Navarre's assault rifle has a silencer, which as you say gives her more personality, and it cannot be taken from Navarre per vanilla design because you cannot knock her out and she never drops her weapon.
What does the crossbow option give you?
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

A box each of normal darts and flare darts in addition to the usual tranq darts that come with the gun.
And of course in the case of the rifle there is no longer a sniper NSF on liberty island, which is also good as players can still be getting to grips with the game and insta-death snipers whilst you are still learning to change weapon and such is no fun.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

The release of part 5 (video) has been delayed, so I'll release the full list of AI features early to compensate.
Made in China
MJ12

Post by Made in China »

After playing Revision, I noticed how much of the info was hidden on computers and you have no way of easily copying it. I know TNM fixed it using the printer function.
Will you have an "add to notes" button in emails? If not, will you consider adding it? I think it would improve hacking immensely, as it would allow you to take in the world at your own pace, while allowing you to shorten hacking time for gameplay purposes.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Yeah, a download to datavault option type option would be good. One of the few reasons to take hacking to master vanilla was to read emails properly, but now that there are many improvements to hacking I think I'll add that.

I think you could copy emails by ctrl + c then ctrl + v into notes though, but when there's more than one email per computer this can get annoying logging in and out to do so.
Bogie
UNATCO

Post by Bogie »

Maybe a hacking perk called "Dataminer", that allows you to add notes to your datavault (Trained). On the topic of computers, I was thinking of a cool idea were some emails would be encrypted, and would contain valuable information, and would require the completion of a hacking mini-game to complete it (Something along the lines of TNM's chip minigame) to un-encrypt it.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Good suggestions.