GMDXv9.0 Release

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Re: GMDXv9.0 Public Beta

Post by Cybernetic pig »

GMDX Physics and Breakable Objects.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDkQO9zpjLI

Old features (added in v7), but many are unawares of the leaps and bounds GMDX makes in all areas of design, barring writing.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Re: GMDXv9.0 Public Beta

Post by Cybernetic pig »

What is GMDX? This fan-made wiki page will give you a good summary: http://deusex.wikia.com/wiki/Give_Me_Deus_Ex_(Mod)
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Re: GMDXv9.0 Release

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Experience what fans frequently cite to be "The Definitive Deus Ex Experience" in its final form.

Release Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFQP-pWgWTw

ZeroPresence
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by ZeroPresence »

While I'm sad I can't help with maps since they're all done, I'm glad I found out about this mod and got a response on reddit. I haven't had a working computer for about 3 weeks now (bad mobo on arrival) but I'll definitely install this first chance I get.
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

This mod is amazing.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

^A new Vision dev endorsement (or was it HDTP?), and now a (google-translated) endorsement from ded, Project 2027's creator:
The ninth version of the mod out. Recommend personally, fashion was very good. I still was only half (playing in the beta), but we can say that this is the best option for those who would like to pereproyti DX. A lot of small improvements in the gameplay, designed to increase replay value, hardcore, variety of pumping options. Skills now are really important, without exception, and perks system expands options for leveling. Fixed skews the balance of the original in terms of increments. The weapon was much more interesting and you can actually go through the entire game using only some specific class, for example only a cold or heavy weapons (in the original it was a stretch). We added the ability to carry bladed weapons at the same time with guns, reduce inventory area occupied by heavy weapons (with appropriate pumping). Almost all levels seen a marked improvement in terms of graphics, environment of detail, added a lot of new secrets, various bug fixes. In this respect, it surpasses even the fashion Series Revision, which really altered only some levels, and most remained unchanged. The enemy AI is also undergone a change, especially in terms of stealth. For example, the enemies are now much smarter player in the search terms after lost sight of him. NPC able to throw light bullets, grenades, better use can lead suppressive fire, adequately react when finding allies corpses melee hit the butt, etc. In the English version of the fixes have been made for dialogues, cut from the back of the original replica, and the characters, for example, or the Ford Schick WIB in a smuggler's den, which reveals some very interesting details of the plot and the last JC.

In general, in contrast to most of these mods, it's really a quality upgrade that could keep all the good things, correct deficiencies, while not making their vision should look like the DX, but based on the original.
Last edited by Cybernetic pig on Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Also if you downloaded GMDX in the past 2 days since release be sure to grab the first patch as otherwise you may get crashing on the UNATCOMJ12Lab map: http://www.moddb.com/mods/gmdx/downloads/gmdxv901-patch

It is not necessary to grab this patch if you downloaded the mod in the past couple hours and into the future, as the main download has been updated to include it.
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

Cybernetic pig wrote:^A new Vision dev endorsement (or was it HDTP?),
Both
CrocMagnum
NSF

Post by CrocMagnum »

Congrats for this quality v9.0, Cybernetic pig!

You can pat yourself on the back. *applause*
Pity the world if you fail Spirit Monk, for you are the last. (Jade Empire)
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Another google translated review, by CrocMagnum above:
GMDX is a one-of-a-kind modification because it aims to be the best Deus Ex experience in both visual and gameplay terms, while remaining faithful to the initial identity of the game. Has been the subject of a rigorous development for several years - has now become an unavoidable mod. Why ? And because it improves Deus Ex at so many levels (Gameplay, Graphics, Sound Design, Artificial Intelligence, Artistic Direction, Unpublished Light Effects, Improved physics ...) that it simply makes enter Deus Ex in the modernity! And yeah, just that. So Deus Ex has had very good mods who have tried to accomplish this prodigy (Shifter and Biomod in particular) but GMDX is so masterfully successful that it passes all the previous game mods (which were however good) for Bisounours soft toys !
This guy gets it.
Stanton_Blackbyrd
Thug

Post by Stanton_Blackbyrd »

Having a slight "issue" with some of the new mod's files....specifically, when I try to open one of the map files in Unreal Editor, the whole thing comes up blank, no matter how many times I try to load it. Is there a different map viewer/editor I can use to get around this, or is this specific problem just something that is happening to me exclusively?
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Visit the GMDX discord: https://discord.gg/RArSVSu
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Why are there no English-speaking DX communities as on the ball and in-the-know as PlanetDeusEx.ru?
LancelotChan
Mole Person

Post by LancelotChan »

I've finished the GMDX v.9.0.3 once and have some feedback.

1. the Guided GEP control does not follow my "inverted Y axis" enabled setting and thus unusable for me since I can't control it correctly.
2. I have never seen the new gun UMP / USP in game.
3. The stealth pistol has become semi automatic? I've read the changelog that it should be automatic. Right now it's even slower firing than the regular pistol.
4. PS20 doesn't fire in 2 modes? I don't seem to be able to fire the non-lethal mode.
5. The assault rifle sometimes does not auto reload even when I have the auto reload enabled.

Thanks for the great work. This mod is like what Deus Ex should have been from the first place. I enjoy the game a lot!