GMDXv9.0 Release

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Re: GMDXv9.0 Announced

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Good man.

Now the question is, do I take the plunge during beta or wait for stability...
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
SkrillaX
NSF

Post by SkrillaX »

sorry for frightening you, but you should think about the nerve gas grenade and the cyborgs :giggle:
Made in China
MJ12

Post by Made in China »

Dude, you have to internalize that GMDX isn't a total conversion and aims to make the original design better. It does so primarily by fixing bugs, smoothing out gameplay, and puts emphasis on the imerssiveness of the entire experience. Graphical and audio enhancements are done because they were lacking in the original, not because they're "cool".
The Typhoon aug in the prequels was a get-out-of-jail free card and rewards players for taking a risk, and then failing - by annihilating all enemies. It's shitty design, although cool (?).
How is the nerve gas different from gas grenade? And how does it fit in with the the lore and the dialogue? You could argue it deals damage and not only stuns - but you have the LAM for that.
How do cyborgs fit in with the MJ12? They already have elite soldiers, commandos, and MiBs - the latter two are enhanced, and the first one now uses your own items against you. Also, mech-augs are being phased out in the game, and nano-augs are only just starting to hit the market - Walton Simons, Bob Page, and the Denton line of products are the only one carrying those kind of augs.

Suggestions are fine, but stop trying putting zombies in a military shooter. That's how CoD got its bad rep.
SkrillaX
NSF

Post by SkrillaX »

Made in China wrote:Dude, you have to internalize that GMDX isn't a total conversion and aims to make the original design better. It does so primarily by fixing bugs, smoothing out gameplay, and puts emphasis on the imerssiveness of the entire experience. Graphical and audio enhancements are done because they were lacking in the original, not because they're "cool".
The Typhoon aug in the prequels was a get-out-of-jail free card and rewards players for taking a risk, and then failing - by annihilating all enemies. It's shitty design, although cool (?).
How is the nerve gas different from gas grenade? And how does it fit in with the the lore and the dialogue? You could argue it deals damage and not only stuns - but you have the LAM for that.
How do cyborgs fit in with the MJ12? They already have elite soldiers, commandos, and MiBs - the latter two are enhanced, and the first one now uses your own items against you. Also, mech-augs are being phased out in the game, and nano-augs are only just starting to hit the market - Walton Simons, Bob Page, and the Denton line of products are the only one carrying those kind of augs.

Suggestions are fine, but stop trying putting zombies in a military shooter. That's how CoD got its bad rep.
At least it made you angry. :)
SkrillaX
NSF

Post by SkrillaX »

Also, as a new mechanic. Try this new trick of setting the pawn's display to bParticles = True, that way, you can get some kind of alien like apparition like this.
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Made in China
MJ12

Post by Made in China »

I'm not angry, and if that's your goal - I kind of feel sorry for you.

I've made a lot of bad suggestions for GMDX - anyone who'll go through this thread can say as much - but some of those (I hope) have been helpful. I think anyone might say something that can help, INCLUDING YOU, but you're just on the wrong track and sidetracking the conversation. Try and change and improve, and it will benefit everyone.
Defaultplayer001
NSF

Post by Defaultplayer001 »

Thanks for posting that trick! It does produce some really interesting visuals!

However I have to agree with MiC, an energy apparition, though cool, doesn't really fit into GMDX at all.

Also, I think it's really rude to take pleasure in attempting to make someone else angry, I really don't think any of us need that kind of attitude here.

I realize MiC may have been passionate in his response, but he was far from trying to make you personally upset over a video game.

I really like the passion and care you show for DX, and I want to see more of it.

Please try not to antagonize users and get banned again.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

More from Clyzm:

Stealth Pistol: http://media.moddb.com/images/members/5 ... er_C10.png

Sawed-off: http://media.moddb.com/images/members/5 ... ff_CO3.png

Note: all are WIP

*gushes over stealth pistol in particular*
Made in China
MJ12

Post by Made in China »

Both are looking good! If I were pressed to say anything - the trigger on the stealth pistol is a bit too forward, but otherwise it's all artistic expression! Good job!
Defaultplayer001
NSF

Post by Defaultplayer001 »

Those are all amazing! That stealth pistol is delicious.
Bogie
UNATCO

Post by Bogie »

Being honest, I'm already liking these designs alot more than Mortecha's. They're much truer to the original designs, which I dig.
Made in China wrote: I've made a lot of bad suggestions for GMDX - anyone who'll go through this thread can say as much - but some of those (I hope) have been helpful. I think anyone might say something that can help, INCLUDING YOU, but you're just on the wrong track and sidetracking the conversation. Try and change and improve, and it will benefit everyone.
This. Being honest, I've suggested alot of things that just wouldn't fit in Deus Ex (I apologize on my part Cyberpig). If you have ideas, great. But don't throw every suggestion you can at him. Single out ones that will fit the project (Although at this point in development there's no reason to even be giving new ideas).
Salk
UNATCO

Post by Salk »

CyberP,

do you have a recommendation about this patch: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147180?

Also, about the Beta version of the installer:

1) In my case it suggests the "c:\" folder but then the "Install" button is greyed out. It becomes available if I manually browse to the Deus Ex folder (c:\deus ex).

2) the link to play GMDX created in the Start Menu does not work. I attach a screenshot to show you:
Inst1.jpg
Inst2.jpg
Thanks!
Hanfling
MJ12

Post by Hanfling »

Cybernetic pig wrote:More from Clyzm:

Stealth Pistol: http://media.moddb.com/images/members/5 ... er_C10.png

Sawed-off: http://media.moddb.com/images/members/5 ... ff_CO3.png

Note: all are WIP

*gushes over stealth pistol in particular*
Any chance their will be full material sets available instead of just a prebaked diffuse texture?
I demand my DXE User ID back. Launcher for DeusEx, Rune, Nerf, Unreal & Botpack. HX on Mod DB. Revision on Steam.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

^No idea just yet.

@Salk: the Deus Ex maps patch isn't compatible with GMDX. But it doesn't need to be. GMDX is the most comprehensive bug fixing project available, in addition to everything else it does. feel free to put it to the test.
I also take it you fixed your technical issue with the installer?