Has anyone seen this Deus Ex 1 CD design before?

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Defaultplayer001
NSF

Has anyone seen this Deus Ex 1 CD design before?

Post by Defaultplayer001 »

Found this and I thought it was odd, can't find any other examples of it.

It lacks a rating and the spot where "game of the year" is normally found on a similar designed disk.

http://imgur.com/a/PAa23

The closet disk's I've found to it are the GOTY release edition of the game and the soundtrack.

http://imgur.com/a/DoCbo

I think perhaps the "Game of the Year" text might not be visible simply because of the angle/camera?
Made in China
MJ12

Re: Has anyone seen this Deus Ex 1 CD design before?

Post by Made in China »

Probably a European disc, they have other rating systems there and AFAIK don't print the rating on-disc but use a sticker on the box.
Defaultplayer001
NSF

Made in China wrote:Probably a European disc, they have other rating systems there and AFAIK don't print the rating on-disc but use a sticker on the box.
That sounds like a reasonable explanation. I actually bought it so i guess I'll find out :p

The lack of the ugly rating block is pretty nice
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Hm well it's not the same design as the disc I have, but who knows - there are other countries in Europe, and most of them are weird.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Defaultplayer001
NSF

I got the cd, I can confirm there is no GOTY text, that isn't some form of picture error. Gonna pop it in and check it out.

Edit: the installer says its a "preview" edition. I'm not sure if its the same as the "special" edition that was sold, but like that it does only contain five levels. I might buy a special edition disk to compare, only like 5$

the Version# is 1.003f_OEM5. Can't find any info on it except that one patch doesn't apply to it.
Hanfling
MJ12

Post by Hanfling »

Defaultplayer001 wrote:I got the cd, I can confirm there is no GOTY text, that isn't some form of picture error. Gonna pop it in and check it out.

Edit: the installer says its a "preview" edition. I'm not sure if its the same as the "special" edition that was sold, but like that it does only contain five levels. I might buy a special edition disk to compare, only like 5$

the Version# is 1.003f_OEM5. Can't find any info on it except that one patch doesn't apply to it.
Does the CD have any specials on it, like desktop themes, etc.?
I demand my DXE User ID back. Launcher for DeusEx, Rune, Nerf, Unreal & Botpack. HX on Mod DB. Revision on Steam.
Bogie
UNATCO

Post by Bogie »

I heard before that stores sold demo versions of the game disguised as the full version at near full price. Either that, or it's some other game or I'm crazy.
Kelkos
UNATCO

Post by Kelkos »

You can have my goty version for FREE
Being a soldier isn't just following orders, it's following those orders in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we're not soldiers anymore, just pieces on a chess board dying for the wrong reason.