Deus Ex Archive Announcement,Massive archive for anything DX

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Defaultplayer001
NSF

Deus Ex Archive Announcement,Massive archive for anything DX

Post by Defaultplayer001 »

Joe Martin, the writer who got me a copy of the DX Annotated design document, also got me in touch with a fellow DX super fan "X E N ", who like me, has a massive archive of files related to DX.

Except much, *much* larger and containing some info not very publicized (though to my surprise actually available for some time!)

We've just had a fantastic talk on steam and are happy to announce the eventual merger and mass availability of the archives.

we're also calling to anyone with *any* DX archives or in fact *any* files to contribute!

It will be a long effort to sort all this stuff for release, so bear with us.

The current plan is to release them via torrent, and size abiding, google drive.

We will be researching hosting options, and are also calling to anyone with such means to host it.

The current archive is going to be at least 60ishGB+

The contents include-
-mods
-fanart
-podcasts
-interviews
-documents

I've created a sub over at reddit /r/dxarchive . Not really ready, but still feel free to post there.

Massive credits to X E N, AKA /u/op4xendance , an incredible labor of love from her, I've just contributed about 8gbs of mods. The rest is all hers!

Please respond with thoughts/comments or especially if your able to contribute!

And remember to share the news! Tell your friends!

Thank you!

Edit : Just wanted to make sure I was 100% clear on the ANY files bit, incomplete mods/artworks/ your old outdated walk-through/ if it's related to even mildly to Deus Ex, and even if you don't think we could possibly want it, we probably want it.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: Deus Ex Archive Announcement,Massive archive for anythin

Post by Jonas »

I have a thing or two lying around, but it's really gonna test your claim that you want everything.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Defaultplayer001
NSF

Jonas wrote:I have a thing or two lying around, but it's really gonna test your claim that you want everything.
bb I want it alllllll
Bird
NSF

Post by Bird »

I mirrored (it is still offline) some websites ( http://www.deusexnetwork.com/files | Some Google Code Pages | MODDB ) which are related to Deus Ex.

Directory size:
DXN Files: 9.1 GB
Mods and stuff: 11.2 GB

It might be better to ask permission from Deus Ex Network guys to get/have a legit mirror, since I just only downloaded every file one by one to have it as a backup.
Bogie
UNATCO

Post by Bogie »

http://www.deusexnetwork.com/files/DX1/ ... nknown.mp3
I was looking for that for so long uuughhh
Seriously I love that song. Too bad it was never included in the original DX (If I recall correctly, it was found in the DXHR game files)
Bird
NSF

Post by Bird »

This song got reincarnated in NYCBAR2_Music. Many of those in-game guitar riffs are by Reeves Gabrels.

EDIT #1:
I wanted to find some video footage in which you can hear that unknown song, but I found an even better thing to watch:
http://av.cah.utexas.edu/index.php/WSpector:Dv_00121
[adobe flash player needed]

EDIT #2:
There is a tool (to get these videos without Adobe Flash), called RTMPDump which can be downloaded from its website.

To get the linked video from the site, fire up a command prompt/terminal and:

Code: Select all

rtmpdump -r "rtmp://streaming.lib.utexas.edu/cah" --swfVfy --swfUrl "http://av.cah.utexas.edu/extensions/player/flvplayer.swf" --playpath "mp4:wspector/dv_00121.mp4" -o dv_00121.mp4
10 minutes of these streams would be around 743.1 MB, so this command would yield a 2.22 GB video file.
Last edited by Bird on Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kelkos
UNATCO

Post by Kelkos »

In the beta version of "Shooter" Jojo and Squirt were supposed to be TLC informants. Also, there's a Nick Baldwin texture in the Unatco.utx
Being a soldier isn't just following orders, it's following those orders in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we're not soldiers anymore, just pieces on a chess board dying for the wrong reason.
Defaultplayer001
NSF

Bird wrote:I mirrored (it is still offline) some websites ( http://www.deusexnetwork.com/files | Some Google Code Pages | MODDB ) which are related to Deus Ex.

Directory size:
DXN Files: 9.1 GB
Mods and stuff: 11.2 GB

It might be better to ask permission from Deus Ex Network guys to get/have a legit mirror, since I just only downloaded every file one by one to have it as a backup.
I contacted them, thanks! I've actually known about that site for a while, but somehow it completely spaced my mind to ask them.
Kelkos wrote:In the beta version of "Shooter" Jojo and Squirt were supposed to be TLC informants. Also, there's a Nick Baldwin texture in the Unatco.utx
Nick Baldwin? I googled him but cant find anything
Kelkos
UNATCO

Post by Kelkos »

Here
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (15 KiB) Viewed 18253 times
Being a soldier isn't just following orders, it's following those orders in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we're not soldiers anymore, just pieces on a chess board dying for the wrong reason.
Bogie
UNATCO

Post by Bogie »

Defaultplayer001 wrote:Nick Baldwin? I googled him but cant find anything
I think his original name was Nikolai Gusarov, but it was changed to Nick Baldwin? That's all I can assume.
xendance
Mole Person

Post by xendance »

Hi guys, Xen here! I'm the one who got this archive ball rolling :) As a housewarming gift, here are some files I managed to get off one of the Deus Ex concept artists last night, including the textures for Beta Navarre:

http://deus-ex-speculation.tumblr.com/p ... x-1-before

http://deus-ex-speculation.tumblr.com/p ... tist-nghia

http://deus-ex-speculation.tumblr.com/p ... ers-source

Star already posted about the subreddit on the starting post, but I have a Steam Group too. It's here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/deusexarchive

More to come!
Bird
NSF

Post by Bird »

Saved everything as requested. It was impressive to see all that Deus Ex 1 beta stuff. Thank you for all your work so far!
xendance
Mole Person

Post by xendance »

Bird wrote:Saved everything as requested. It was impressive to see all that Deus Ex 1 beta stuff. Thank you for all your work so far!
That's amazing! It must have taken you such a long time. Any chance you can upload the archive so we can start sorting through it? It's OK if you can't, I'm half-way through saving everything too :)

Regarding the video, amazing find. I'm sure there are more. Currently working on a way to extract them from the site.
Kelkos
UNATCO

Post by Kelkos »

Is it just me , or xendance is a Half Life Opposing Force map.
Bird
NSF

Post by Bird »

xendance wrote:Regarding the video, amazing find. I'm sure there are more. Currently working on a way to extract them from the site.
To extract a video see my second, edited post above.

Here are some more University of Texas Briscoe Center for American History items:

Descriptive Summary of Warren Spector Papers

Warren Spector papers (videos)

University of Texas Video Game Archive

Ion Storm e-mails (requires restricted log-in credentials)

xendance wrote:Any chance you can upload the archive so we can start sorting through it?
I am going to upload everything (whoops, I need to ask permission from those DXN guys first) I could find to some free to use upload site. After the merge/sort I have plans to upload it to create a website (I am happy to pay $15 a month for storage) or, preferably FTP or RSYNC or S3.

Best I can do right now is to include a list of files of what I have:
Stuff I have (mostly from MODDB | Google Code | DXN) sorted by file name
Stuff I have (mostly from MODDB | Google Code | DXN) sorted by filesize