Deus Ex Archive Announcement,Massive archive for anything DX

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Re: Deus Ex Archive Announcement,Massive archive for anythin

Post by Cybernetic pig »

So what happened to this? xendance and defaultplayer found love and ran off into the sunset together? Or just realized everything of value is pretty much already archived? Who knows.
Bird
NSF

Post by Bird »

No idea. I have my own part of my archive (see my previous comments). If I could download everything they have in a bundle, I could host it somewhere (need to buy web storage for it first).
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

Thanks for posting this! Its interesting to look at all the Deus Ex stuff there is out there. Since this is "Massive archive for anything DX" I wondered if anyone had any info on a mod for Deus Ex I played years ago? I mentioned it years ago on this forum but no one then knew what it was so I thought since seeing this thread, I'd mention it in hopes someone now might know what it is. I used to have the files for it, but since lost them or I'd post a link to them, and I am pretty sure I got them on one of those PC gaming magazine demo CDs that had mods, patches etc.. on it. There was only a few files with the mod, including one map.

Things I remember the mod had:

- New map with a custom made location, indoors.
- Play as JC Denton
- You work for Morgan Everett. You talk to him and he gives you your mission objectives.
- Morgan tells you that your mission is to kill the president of the USA.
- Sam Carter is in the game, he gives you your weapons and items for your mission, which I think are a Sniper Rifle and weapon mods.
- There was an NPC with the name Kevin Madison, but I don't remember more than that about that NPC.
- There is Illiminati Troops in it, but their height isn't right and their legs are clipping through the floor as I remember reading in a text file contained in the mod, that the modder didn't know how to set the NPC height properly.

- There was the "Mutant in Black" from Minty's Mod (MM.u file) in the game, but I don't remember if he was actually put in the map as I think I spawned one in and found out by accident that there was a conversation created for him,so he should have been in the map if I am remembering correctly. The Mutant in Black had the green ambrosia texture for his head/skin and there is a conversation you have with him where he explains that the ambrosia can heal him if he is injured, but didn't make him invincible.

- Gunthur Hermann looking NPC - He was supposed to take you to the place where you kill the president and he is waiting beside a black van. This is where the game ends if you choose to leave as the next map with the actual mission, wasn't included.
- Mission number was 16 as I remember the conversations being stored in a file which was named something like "Mission16" maybe the map had 16_ at the start of its name as well.

Does anyone know what this could be? Its not "Presidential Emergency", Zodiac or Hotel Carone, its a small mod that didn't include all the files needed to play the full mod, assuming the modder had finished it.
My nature videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/DynamixWarePro
My whistle/flute videos (and some other videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/DXMorpheus
Defaultplayer001
NSF

Post by Defaultplayer001 »

Cybernetic pig wrote:So what happened to this? xendance and defaultplayer found love and ran off into the sunset together? Or just realized everything of value is pretty much already archived? Who knows.
We've still been working on it, but there's also been another thing that took us by surprise that we latched onto. Hopefully we'll be able to talk more about that soon.

In addition to that. it's been a very busy holiday season for the both of us, to say the least.

Also, I've seen your post about the subreddit, sorry it took so long to get to it, I tried to get in contact with the creator of the css but no response.
I'll get it fixed ASAP.
Oh, and you should be able to change the sub icon any time!
Bird wrote:No idea. I have my own part of my archive (see my previous comments). If I could download everything they have in a bundle, I could host it somewhere (need to buy web storage for it first).
if you could make a torrent of this I'd love to have it! I can do the same for my portion of the archive! Xen Has given me segments of her archive I can share as well. We've got multiple other offers for hosting as well!
Morpheus wrote:Thanks for posting this! Its interesting to look at all the Deus Ex stuff there is out there. Since this is "Massive archive for anything DX" I wondered if anyone had any info on a mod for Deus Ex I played years ago? I mentioned it years ago on this forum but no one then knew what it was so I thought since seeing this thread, I'd mention it in hopes someone now might know what it is. I used to have the files for it, but since lost them or I'd post a link to them, and I am pretty sure I got them on one of those PC gaming magazine demo CDs that had mods, patches etc.. on it. There was only a few files with the mod, including one map.

Things I remember the mod had:

- New map with a custom made location, indoors.
- Play as JC Denton
- You work for Morgan Everett. You talk to him and he gives you your mission objectives.
- Morgan tells you that your mission is to kill the president of the USA.
- Sam Carter is in the game, he gives you your weapons and items for your mission, which I think are a Sniper Rifle and weapon mods.
- There was an NPC with the name Kevin Madison, but I don't remember more than that about that NPC.
- There is Illiminati Troops in it, but their height isn't right and their legs are clipping through the floor as I remember reading in a text file contained in the mod, that the modder didn't know how to set the NPC height properly.

- There was the "Mutant in Black" from Minty's Mod (MM.u file) in the game, but I don't remember if he was actually put in the map as I think I spawned one in and found out by accident that there was a conversation created for him,so he should have been in the map if I am remembering correctly. The Mutant in Black had the green ambrosia texture for his head/skin and there is a conversation you have with him where he explains that the ambrosia can heal him if he is injured, but didn't make him invincible.

- Gunthur Hermann looking NPC - He was supposed to take you to the place where you kill the president and he is waiting beside a black van. This is where the game ends if you choose to leave as the next map with the actual mission, wasn't included.
- Mission number was 16 as I remember the conversations being stored in a file which was named something like "Mission16" maybe the map had 16_ at the start of its name as well.

Does anyone know what this could be? Its not "Presidential Emergency", Zodiac or Hotel Carone, its a small mod that didn't include all the files needed to play the full mod, assuming the modder had finished it.
Doing a quick search of my archive (not including compressed files) the only mention I can see to a "mission16" or 16 is ChronosAudioMission16.u, part of the "Chronos" mod. http://www.moddb.com/mods/chronos-deus-ex

Funny it got brought up, I've been trying to get it to launch just the past few days, but it's incredibly buggy to say the least, I can only get the levels to launch via cheats.

Edit: found a mod in a compressed folder with "16" but not "mission" in the title, http://www.moddb.com/mods/deus-ex-fan-m ... tal-weapon
Edit2: same sitch as above, http://www.moddb.com/mods/deus-ex-fan-m ... scue-beast
DevAnj
UNATCO

Post by DevAnj »

Defaultplayer001 wrote:
We've still been working on it, but there's also been another thing that took us by surprise that we latched onto. Hopefully we'll be able to talk more about that soon.
Does it involve Square Enix? :p Just kidding, I doubt they care about an archival effort. Anyhow, best of luck with the project. I hope it becomes easier to find buried gems with this archive.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Defaultplayer001 wrote: We've still been working on it, but there's also been another thing that took us by surprise that we latched onto. Hopefully we'll be able to talk more about that soon.

In addition to that. it's been a very busy holiday season for the both of us, to say the least.

Also, I've seen your post about the subreddit, sorry it took so long to get to it, I tried to get in contact with the creator of the css but no response.
I'll get it fixed ASAP.
Oh, and you should be able to change the sub icon any time!
Thanks. I thought you had just created the subreddit and ditched it, and thereby creating a monopoly on subreddits named "GMDX". You've done a good job with it so far and I do appreciate it, but you went dark for a while, and left me in the dark too, so thanks for letting me know you're still alive.

Good luck with your DX-related projects. It's good to see people still care about the game.