GMDX Art Thread

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Bogie
UNATCO

Re: GMDX Art Thread

Post by Bogie »

Finished. Fully Textured. Tell me if you see any problems.

Also, sorry if I'm being really inconsistent wit some of the textures (Texture around the lens, eye part, ect.)
Bogie
UNATCO

Post by Bogie »

Fixed the textures and size of goggles.
On an unrelated note, random aug sounds I made.
https://puu.sh/svwhA/e0c629a923.wav
https://puu.sh/svwgz/7bdb01f6c7.wav
KlauZ
Mole Person

Post by KlauZ »

How did you fix UVmap? It looks like the same glitching as i have in my cabinet model.
Also you missed the strap texture, stripes should be vertical.
Bogie
UNATCO

Post by Bogie »

By fixed the textures, I meant make them closer to the original. I have no idea how to fix the UV map error. Something to do with mirroring the model maybe?
EDIT: Check the import flags.
Bogie
UNATCO

Post by Bogie »

Final model. Fully textured.

https://puu.sh/svFma/64a6a33837.obj
Texture:
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Looking good! One more development if you don't mind: hi-res STC3 skin. Primarily so we can have the backside look good too, as remember you get a good close-up look at it from that angle when it is held in your hand. The strap could use more polys too to come off more natural but nonetheless it's looking like an improvement over vanilla.

Updating Tech Goggles to "in development by Bogie" status. Comes out of development when the files are successfully imported and on my hard drive.
Bogie
UNATCO

Post by Bogie »

I'll try to do a texture. The size is 128 x 128.
Edit: Nevermind. I assume you want something around 1024 x 1024.
Salk
UNATCO

Post by Salk »

A correction to be made to New Vision. The sign outside the UNATCO HQ in Liberty Island has a misspelling error: "IISLAND".

It was reported in 2012 and never fixed: http://s907.photobucket.com/user/rolati ... d.jpg.html
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Bogie wrote:I'll try to do a texture. The size is 128 x 128.
Edit: Nevermind. I assume you want something around 1024 x 1024.
Well, 256x256 may be enough. It's only a small mesh after all.
Salk wrote:A correction to be made to New Vision. The sign outside the UNATCO HQ in Liberty Island has a misspelling error: "IISLAND".

It was reported in 2012 and never fixed: http://s907.photobucket.com/user/rolati ... d.jpg.html
Added to the list.
KippyDX
Mole Person

Post by KippyDX »

Hello everyone, I'm working on a few tweaks to HDTP assets. However, this is my first time working in UE1 and I'm running into some trouble importing correctly.
The two issues:

1. Barrel mesh needs double-sided polys

2. Textures aren't making it through the compile process, yet they are visible in Unreal Editor when I load the package

I suspect the issue is my configuration of the .uc file, but after multiple changes I haven't made progress.
There is a good amount of documentation for me to go over again, but if anyone has pointers on these it would be appreciated.
Bogie
UNATCO

Post by Bogie »

Could you post the UC file (In text)?
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

If someone, anyone has contact with the ex-HDTP developers, please send them a message regarding the UVMapping import error/importing meshes in general. Kick up a fuss.
This is likely the last chance Deus Ex will have for being graphically enhanced faithfully and consistently in an organized fashion.
Last edited by Cybernetic pig on Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
KlauZ
Mole Person

Post by KlauZ »

Barrel mesh needs double-sided polys
What program are you using? So far it seems the only way is to use 3dmax and assign material named TWOSIDED.
Textures aren't making it through the compile process, yet they are visible in Unreal Editor when I load the package
Most likely specs aren't correct. it should 8-bit, pcx and color-palleted. Yeah and some mistake in UC also possible.
KippyDX
Mole Person

Post by KippyDX »

KlauZ wrote: What program are you using? So far it seems the only way is to use 3dmax and assign material named TWOSIDED.
Awesome, this worked. I'm using Blender and exporting as .3ds.
KlauZ wrote: Most likely specs aren't correct. it should 8-bit, pcx and color-palleted. Yeah and some mistake in UC also possible.
I've double-checked and the specs looks correct. To be absolutely sure, I have temporarily swapped my textures with the originals. Getting the same results, however.

Here's the .uc:

Code: Select all

class BarrelFire2016 extends Containers;

#exec MESH IMPORT MESH=HDTPBarrelFire2016 ANIVFILE=Models\BarrelFire_a.3d DATAFILE=Models\BarrelFire_d.3d X=0 Y=0 Z=0
#exec MESH ORIGIN MESH=HDTPBarrelFire2016 X=0 Y=0 Z=0

#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=HDTPBarrelFire2016 SEQ=All STARTFRAME=0 NUMFRAMES=1 RATE=30 GROUP=None
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=HDTPBarrelFire2016 SEQ=Still STARTFRAME=0 NUMFRAMES=1 RATE=30 GROUP=None

#exec MESHMAP NEW   MESHMAP=HDTPBarrelFire2016 MESH=HDTPBarrelFire2016
#exec MESHMAP SCALE MESHMAP=HDTPBarrelFire2016 X=0.00390625 Y=0.00390625 Z=0.00390625

#exec TEXTURE IMPORT NAME=BarrelFire1 FILE=Models\BarrelFire1.pcx GROUP=Skins // barrel, TWOSIDED
#exec MESHMAP SETTEXTURE MESHMAP=HDTPBarrelFire2016 NUM=1 TEXTURE=BarrelFire1
#exec TEXTURE IMPORT NAME=BarrelFire2 FILE=Models\BarrelFire2.pcx GROUP=Skins // logs, SKIN000001
#exec MESHMAP SETTEXTURE MESHMAP=HDTPBarrelFire2016 NUM=2 TEXTURE=BarrelFire2
#exec TEXTURE IMPORT NAME=BarrelFire3 FILE=Models\BarrelFire2.pcx GROUP=Skins // dirt, SKIN000002
#exec MESHMAP SETTEXTURE MESHMAP=HDTPBarrelFire2016 NUM=3 TEXTURE=BarrelFire3
#exec TEXTURE IMPORT NAME=BarrelFire4 FILE=Models\BarrelFire3.pcx GROUP=Skins // fire, SKIN000003
//#exec OBJ LOAD FILE=HDTPanim // fire animation
//#exec MESHMAP SETTEXTURE MESHMAP=HDTPBarrelFire2016 NUM=4 TEXTURE=HDTPanim.BarrelFire2016.BarrelFire0001

defaultproperties
{
	bCanBeBase=True
	ItemName="this barrel on fire"
	Mesh=HDTPBarrelFire2016
	CollisionRadius=20
	CollisionHeight=29
	Mass=260
	Buoyancy=270
}
Last texture commented out intentionally.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Have you used the 3ds2de (3ds max to deus ex) conversion program? Which is also likely what causes UVmapping to break, but there you go.

Hmm, check your package name: "models". Same package name gmdx uses. You're likely confusing the engine by referencing two packages of the same name. Try changing the package name and your import lines accordingly.