Zodiac mod problems with new launcher

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

tt33
Mole Person

Zodiac mod problems with new launcher

Post by tt33 »

Sorry if this has been brought up before.
I reinstalled Deus Ex specifically to play the Zodiac mod, however upon installation the mod does not load.
Specifically only the Zodiac Main menu + music loads. After you click new game the game loads the first stock map (Liberty Island) rather than the first zodiac map.

I'm using the retail CD Game of the year version of Deus Ex with Kentie's launcher.
Kelkos
UNATCO

Re: Zodiac mod problems with new launcher

Post by Kelkos »

Go to Data Directories and make sure that Zodiac System.u and Zodiac Maps and Zodiac Textures have been ticked in the box.
Being a soldier isn't just following orders, it's following those orders in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we're not soldiers anymore, just pieces on a chess board dying for the wrong reason.
tt33
Mole Person

Post by tt33 »

Ty, for reply
Here is a screen shot of my launcher data directories:

As stated main menu loads however upon starting a new game you will notice you start as JC Denton rather than Paul:

I managed to open the first Zodiac level using the open map cheat ie open 70_Zodiac_hongkong_tongbase... however the conversations did not work and therefore the player can not advance to the next level.
Kelkos
UNATCO

Post by Kelkos »

first collapse all the checkboxes, then make sure that deusex.u is not selected and all the files under Zodiac is selected. You can reinstall this, if it fails
Being a soldier isn't just following orders, it's following those orders in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we're not soldiers anymore, just pieces on a chess board dying for the wrong reason.
Melinda55
Mole Person

Post by Melinda55 »

For those looking to delve deeper into the intricacies of transformative gameplay, exploring a tg macro can provide unparalleled insights and strategies.tg macro